[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to quit smoking. Tried a couple times before but failed,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Benefits-of-Quitting-Smoking.jpg (42 KB, 426x282) Image search: [Google]
Benefits-of-Quitting-Smoking.jpg
42 KB, 426x282
I have to quit smoking.
Tried a couple times before but failed, like most people.

Any quitters around who could give me some advice?
>>
do you want to quit?

do you still want to quit once you are in the withdrawals?

why do you want to quit?
>>
>>17153891
>do you want to quit?
Yup.
>do you still want to quit once you are in the withdrawals?
Yes and no. That's kinda why it's a drug.
>why do you want to quit?
Mainly because it's significantly decreasing my quality of life at this point.
>>
>>17153847
Smoking addiction has multiple levels:
>Nicotine
You can try plasters / chewing gum with it, slowly lowering levels.
>calming effect
You need to find something else to chill out. This is critical for ex smokers in stress situations. Just think hard why you want to stop.
>habit of smoking
Put a pen / lolipop / toothpick in mouth. Just don't smoke man. Keep yourself occupied in case you smoke also from boredom.

But mainly it is about having willpower. And since most smokers are smoking because of no willpower, you have to try hard to prove me wrong :-D
>>
>>17153912

Start vaping, continuously decrease the nicotine content of the liquid you're vaping until you hit 0% nicotine .

Or you could ask yourself who is in charge of your life, if it is you, and you really want to quit smoking, you will quit smoking.

If you can not, and you still are smoking, you do not want to quit smoking and should continue.
>>
>>17153912
>yup

then you do not want to quit, you wish you would be able to quit but you still prefer life with cigs than life without.

if the withdrawals are sufficients to throw off your resolutions you are gonna have to work around them.

vaping is great because you can decrease slowly the nicotine content.

passion flower tinctures contain maoi's just like cigs, it's great to relieve the edge of withdrawals.

pipe smoking/cigar smoking are another way, you first make smoking a week end habit instead of bringing your tobacco at hand reach all the time.

intense masturbation may help.

if the stress get to you, vent off to a friend/family but be wary as you may be rude and offensive without even realizing it because of the withdrawals.

sleep is the hard part, i don't know anything to help you unwind at dawn, search online for help.
>>
>>17153915
It's mainly the latter. If I'm really busy, I'm fine with 5-6 cigs a day.
If I have all the time in the world it's more like 20.
Which is why I don't want to vape. Apart from my disdain for it, the psychological addiction is far greater than the physical one.

Cold turkey and gum didn't work. Also the only way I hit two week on cold turkey is because I was literally miles away from any tobacco and was crawling up the walls.
I guess I'll try plasters. Reading the science, it should be more effective.
>>
You don't have to quit. You only have to decrease usage to a point where it's negligably bad for your health.
I smoke once a week at most.
Cigarettes are easy desu.
>>
>>17153965
You are being a bit naive thinking plasters will make your crawings go away. Sure they might help, but won't solve it alone. This is like with pills for losing weight. There is no magic solution for your habit.

You brought yourself into smoking, deal with consequences. You just have to make up your mind and force yourself into making it.

Good luck on your quest.
>>
Roll your own, it's cheaper and there are less chemicals. Get chemical free or organic tobacco if you can. You will notice the difference in breathing. Your lungs feel less congested, they irritate you less, they make you feel less sick.

That and cut down. 5 spaced out over a day you're going to enjoy way more than 20 and not being able to breath. 3 spaced out over a day you'll be in heaven.

Remember how it felt when you first started? Aim for that feeling. Quit until you breath clean and are at the peak of fitness, then take it up again with moderation. That's when you'll enjoy it most.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.