[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1461492525223.jpg (31 KB, 501x485) Image search: [Google]
1461492525223.jpg
31 KB, 501x485
I won't get into details, but in short: I couldn't finish High School because of health conditions. Now that I'm cured for the time being, I want to finish my education and become a paramedic. However, It's been two years since I dropped out senior year and I'm 20 now. GED is my only option. Will this hurt my chances at finding work and becoming a paramedic?
>>
>>17151797
nope, having a GED is pretty much the same thing as a high school diploma when it comes to work, the only thing that it will have an effect on is colleges since you likely wont have a decent highschool transcript.
>>
>>17151842
also if you go to like a 2 year course somewhere for whatever paramedics usually have you'll put down your associates degree instead of your GED and people wont even know you have a GED instead of high school diploma.
>>
>>17151843
also also, the 2014+ version of the GED isn't too hard, I've passed the language arts, science, and social studies all with 175+ and I've been out of school since about 2009ish with my highest grade completed being 8th. I have my math coming up on friday so we'll find out how that goes but I'm positive I'll get above 145 which is all you need to pass where I am. For language arts and social studies all you need to know is reading comprehension and how to read graphs, for science it was also just understanding the charts/graphs, being able to balance a chemical equation which is really simple if you remember https://youtu.be/UGf60kq_ZDI or https://youtu.be/eNsVaUCzvLA and also some basic algebra for formulas.
math from what I've read is largely algebra stuff like manipulating polynomials and quadratic equations. You get like 3 little dry erase boards and a marker along with a dank ass calculator, there's only supposed to be 5 questions that you can't use the calculator on and those are at the start and just test your basic math skills like dividing integers and multiplying/subtracting fractions.
>>
>>17151858
Ive been good at everything in school, except math. Like you would have better results quizzing a brick then you would if you quizzed me on math. I just absolutely hate math. But if you say its easier, then I feel confident
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.