[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dorm Life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (2 MB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 219x186
What are the benefits of living in a dorm? I'm trying to become more independent, I've been getting better but I'm still living with my parents (I pay $300/month during the school year) and think it may be good for me. This would be my second year of uni, and I'm female if it matters.

Have any anons lived on campus? Was it a change for the better? What should I expect from such an experience? Is it worth it if I only live 30 minutes away from the school on a bus?
>>
>>17151545
It must depend on the country you live.
According to Life is Strange you can have single dorm rooms in us and that must be literally heaven.

From what I hear around you can always party, get laid or high if you want.
It's good to know to cook. If your room isn't single, you must resist killing your roommates in cold blood.
Don't bring valuables in the dorm, just in case.
In bad dormitories people steal even slippers, food is eaten without your concern usually too.
Best is to make friends with neighbours.

Big pro is that you have infinite prospects for social engineering.
>>
>>17151590
>According to Life is Strange

If only dorm life was like LiS portrayed it to be..
>>
>>17151545
Some people in my campus live about 30 minutes far (it's hard to get a dorm if you live close here), it's useful for taking a quick nap between classes, cooking, not missing small events.
>>
>>17151590
I live in Canada, so I think I can either room alone or with a roommate. I may just go for the roommate to save some money.

I'm scared of doing this and falling flat on my face, never socializing and just feeling homesick.
>>
>>17151642
>feeling homesick
>30 minutes from home
you never were camping? going to trips without parents? hospitalised?

I live in a dorm 6000km away from home.

If money is important then, look, if you are cool with your roommate you have a room to fuck people in without fearing parents.
Aside of that I doubt it'll give you the feel of independence, literally 30 minutes by bus.
>>
>>17151653
>>feeling homesick
>>30 minutes from home
>you never were camping? going to trips without parents? hospitalised?
Every year I go on a three day camping trip (but that's with family), I went on a five day trip to Edmonton and got depressed on the fifth day, but I guess thirty minutes isn't too bad
>If money is important then, look, if you are cool with your roommate you have a room to fuck people in without fearing parents.
I'm a virgin so I don't expect to be having much sex
>Aside of that I doubt it'll give you the feel of independence, literally 30 minutes by bus.
I quit a youth program I was volunteering at a year ago, I think it was holding me back because I've been getting more outgoing since then, I'm trying to apply the same concept to my family.. I love them but I think they're enablers for my unhealthy lifestyle, I can always visit, anyway, it's only a bus ride away.
>>
>>17151670
Well, I don't really know girls of third year of uni in my campus who are single, and you want to live away from parents.
So it is the best option for you to move into the dorm.
If you're relatively social you or your roommate will drink with friends often. Be prepared.
>>
>>17151685
Alright, thank you
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.