[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cosmetic surgery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 14515689898941.jpg (82 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
14515689898941.jpg
82 KB, 600x450
I'm considering having a nose job and ear pinning done to boost my self esteem and confidence. I'm a 23 y/o male and have the money but I feel very awkward about it, I didn't consider myself vain but it seems to me that the better looking you are the easier your life is.

I've spoken to a surgeon already about the nose job and he's confident he can provide me with what I want, a straight symmetrical nose with nostril widening because I can barely breathe out the thing but I'm having second thoughts, what if I do all this and it has no effect on me because the psychological damage has already been done?

I don't have anyone to talk to about this, the surgeon is just a yes man, what do you anons think, is this a good idea?
>>
>it seems to me that the better looking you are the easier your life is.
This is sadly true

>what if I do all this and it has no effect on me because the psychological damage has already been done?
If your nose and ears were the cause of your problem it'll help might just take time.

I'd do it anon, if it's going to improve your looks it's going to improve your life.
>>
Plastic surgery is always a bad idea. It's a bit like tattoos, you see, a very expensive investment that you need to freshen up every 4-5 years. It is also really easy to start touching up everywhere else. The worst is the nose job: note what happened to Michael Jackson.

If you believe you have medical reasons to get the nose job, particularly because of the breathing issues without the nostril widening, then get the nose job. Otherwise, I do not recommend changing your appearance all that much - in today's society, we have tons of photo ID and facebook pictures that will follow you around and haunt you till the end of time, not to mention insensitive people who will notice and go on and on about your change in appearance.
>>
>>17148520
Why is it always a bad idea?

Tattoo's don't improve self esteem. I shouldn't need to go under the knife again unless I break my nose or someone rips the insert out of my ear, from what I understand with age the bone can soften but that's it. Michael Jackson had at least 7 nose jobs.

My anxiety has been with me so long there are no pictures of me online, I've never had a fb or social media. I won't run into anyone I used to know because I left that place. Dropped study because of it and will probably move again for the reasons you've listed :/
>>
>>17148552
>Tattoo's don't improve self esteem.
Neither do any other cosmetic body mod. That doesn't mean a person doesn't personally think they look better with that mod.
>I shouldn't need to go under the knife again
Well, this is false. You don't even know if the procedure you are taking can show the desired results within 1 session. I can tell you that a "nose job" usually requires a minimum of 3 sessions.
>Michael Jackson had at least 7 nose jobs.
This is what the tabloids would have you believe. In reality, what did him in was probably the skin treatments he received for vitiligo changing the structural integrity of his skin.
>My anxiety has been with me so long
Have you considered that with the same amount of money, perhaps it would be more prudent for you to seek therapy? Your anxiety and neuroses aren't going to go away just because you have a newish nose.
>>
>>17148601
He estimated 3 hours to do it. I assumed that was one sessions, I've only been for an initial.

I'm doing therapy, cbt, group. It helped me realise a lot of my problems come from body issues.
>>
>>17148478
If you can really get surgery to improve breathing through your nose, I guarantee you will be happier. I only breathe through my nose. It gets more oxygen to your brain.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.