[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fear of Losing Control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: snowing.jpg (46 KB, 205x184) Image search: [Google]
snowing.jpg
46 KB, 205x184
For 6 or 7 years now I'd had a recurring fear of not being able to control myself in situations where I could cause harm to myself or other people (unable to control myself from jumping when standing on the edge of a building, stabbing people or myself when holding a knife.) Whenever I'm in a situation like this I get anxiety attacks and become terrified. Any way to cope with this?
>>
>>17148012
I have something similar to what you describe;
Severe mood swings and paranoid delusions give me a fear of loosing control and taking an others life because i believe they are plotting or taking malicious actions against me.

The way i overcome it is seclude myself from a majority of society where possible, do autistic semi preset routines and only have a small core of people i trust who know about my condition and why i do what i do. It was difficult to adjust to but the benefits outweigh the costs (i get to have some quality of life and a moderate amount of peice of mind) needless to say the world always seem to want to encroach upon my hard won freedoms.
>>
>>17148046
This is helpful, but I think my fear is more tied to anxiety. I'm scared of the idea that something that would take me only a second would have massive consequences.
>>
Sounds like intrusive thoughts. Google "Pure O OCD", might help you out. That's more to of w/ mental compulsions of stopping the thoughts, tho.
>>
>>17148131

I was going to say this, ocd, intrusive thoughts. Seek professional help! It helps a lot, for real. In no time youll feel better, even if its not ocd. Cheers.
>>
>>17148069
Same exact problem, Klonopin fixed me. I mean really, just that easy. I was having full blown panic attacks in addition to being scared of shit. Day 1 on clonazepam was the first day of my normal life.
Only downside is you can't ever just quit it, the withdrawals are worse than any other drug incurring heroin. Tapering off klonopin is something like 1/8 reduction of your dose every few weeks for as long as it takes. Quit it without tapering and you have about a day and a half until seizures start, so try not to run out!
>>
>>17148588
>i am totally fine
>i had to become a junkie
>thanks pharma famalam
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PtvIr2oiaE
>>
>>17148701
Kek, this.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.