[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How worthwhile do you think it actually is to give advice here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 475x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 475x385
How worthwhile do you think it actually is to give advice here? I've asked for some advice that's worked out before, but I really wonder if that's the case for most posters here.

Has /adv/ ever given you advice that you've used to positive effect? Or is it all just frogposting and sluts and whores?
>>
I have posted a few threads and most of the advice people gave was too simple to help me out. I really feel that some cases are just too complex for strangers to give proper advice.
>>
>>17143162
i have asked for advice a few times, and i did get useful replies on one thread, however, on the other threads people where predominately looking for arguments. some threads on here are great but i sometimes cant stand how people act. this is meant to be the board with the most normies but a lot of people still act really edgy and childish.
>>
I always doubt that anyone I give advice to follows through with it. Usually people come here with a preconception that they want to hear validated. Many posterd are incapable of critically thinking about their own problem from perspectives other than their own, and this language-based medium simply cannot convey the true lessons of revelation and empathy they need. I think I give advice more for myself, that I might better understand the things that obstruct and cause one to suffer, and deal with them better in my life when my time comes. I don't really care whether my advice is followed or not.
>>
File: 1349706343388.jpg (29 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
1349706343388.jpg
29 KB, 500x430
While I browse this board all the time for entertainment, I would never actually ask for advice from here.

Better to just trust my gut and consult people in real life I respect and value the opinion of.
>>
I usually see at least one really good piece of advice per thread. Sometimes it's something I hadn't even considered, and I think myself usually to be fairly sensible about things
>>
Way too many 20+ year old kissless virgins frogposters who complain how sad their life is instead of actually doing anything.
Other than that i think it's more like giving and asking for opinions about a certain matter, not actual advices, tho i've actually followed advices from here and they have worked for me.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.