[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making a change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1080
I feel like I need a massive change in my life. My life has been nothing but misery and bad events for years. I have very bad anxiety and depression, and I'm very confused and unsure of my future.

I'm really young (18) just finished school, want to go to university in another country but I don't have be money or scholarships. I have issues which I will be dealing with till about November/December which means I can't get a job until then, too late as I need money to apply to universities again which I don't have.

My family though is unsupportive of everything I do. They want the traditional life of going to uni in this country, being a lawyer or something and it fills me with dread. Every time I think about going outside the "norm" they beat it down and treat me like a lost dirty dog. Hence why I have no financial support, not even $10 from them.

I basically need a massive change in my life. I feel uneasy here even though I have it "good" considering I have a family, food, shelter... I'm just so miserable. I need something to shake my life up and startle me. Maybe it'll get me out of my depressed mindset.

I guess my question is: how can I make a huge change when I don't have the funds to do anything? What could I do?

>therapy and meds
Didn't work.

>join a gym and get healthy it'll cure you
I love the gym, it's the only thing that makes me happy, but it's not enough.
>>
>>17158644

the best advice you will ever get is to pick the lesser of two evils.

you cant always get what you want, but you can get what you need. by which i mean you want to go to college overseas to get that great chang,e but it might nbot be an option.

you need to choose what is going to set you up for more happiness later, and balance that out with not being miserable now. make strides towards what makes you happy, even if it means giving up on certain things.

you may not be able to go to uni in oanother country. but you may be able to live in one. or you could go to uni here, but move out. i dont know the ins and outs of your life. its hard for me to do more than just generalize.
>>
>>17158657
>lesser of two evils

You're right, but goddamn do I hate that situation.

I want to go to uni abroad because I am miserable in this country, and I actually have a good chance of getting in if I apply again this year. But it might take years, and I feel dangerously close to suicidal thoughts. I need a change now, maybe not as drastic as changing counties yet, but I need to do something.
>>
>>17158683

dont threaten the universe with suicide. the universe is indifferent and cannot hear you. threatening suicide for something you can change is dumb. you will be bale to have agood life if you dont go to uni abroad next year.

that being said, you are over simplifying an entire nation. and you havent actively lived in the other nation so you have no idea if it will change your life.

what is so bad about your nation that you cannot find any happiness there?
>>
>>17158688
I don't like the cold, the depressing plain gray sky, the people, the whole culture.

And I guess because the only huge change I can think of is moving away. I need a fresh start.
>>
>>17158696

fresh starts are available within your country. just saying. the weather does suck (though im partial to that sort of rainy atmosphere) but you arent going to find a culture so radically different that you like it but also so similar that you are actually a part of it.

what is wrong with your 'culture'? what country are you from.

feel free to move, i highly recommend travel but you might have to sacrifice school. possibly forever. what do you want to go to school for?
>>
>>17158700
>you arent going to find a culture so radically different that you like it but also so similar that you are actually a part of it.

That's a great point actually. Using the word culture was probably wrong, maybe "attitude" is better? Just more negative, closed-off, etc.

Weather sounds like a small part but it only makes my mental problems worse. Who likes being blown by cold rainy wind and not seeing the sun for weeks?

Oh and computer science. I really only wanted to use going to uni as a way of getting to another country, maybe though scholarships since I have no money but that's almost impossible to achieve.
>>
>>17158657
>you cant always get what you want, but you can get what you need.
that was rolling stones
admit it
>>
>>17158714

>who likes this weather.

i do. where i came from we had a wet season, 6 months of nothing but storms and rain and typhoons. loved it. but people are different.

>the attitude

the attitude is not so universal in your country unless you are going from like hardcore middle east to a more liberal UK type place.

keep applying for scholarships but start working on your back up plan.

>>17158724

yes
>>
>>17158729
hell yeah
and i also agree with you btw
>>
>>17158735

about the weather, or that you cant always get what you want or the culture or what?

sorry im confucked.
>>
>>17158740
and im drunk so w/e
but i agree with your first post
see >>17158657
>>
>>17158747

hopefully OP sees its a good idea too.

>im drunk

hopefully joining you in that soon havent had a beer in like two weeks
>>
>>17158752
well then, cheers m8
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.