[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I’ve been seeing this girl for about 2 months now and she’s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1428529339380.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1428529339380.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
I’ve been seeing this girl for about 2 months now and she’s fantastic. However, she wants an open relationship and for some reason I can’t accept this. I want to be able to, and I’ve told her this, but mentally I’m not okay with it. She uses the Osho quote to explain how it should be, which I’ll paraphrase, “If you a love a flower, don’t pick it but be with it. Because if you pick it, it will die”. I would love to get behind this idea and be okay with it, but I honestly can’t. There’s a part of me that wants her exclusively, yet I wouldn’t mind after a while of being with her to try the multiple partners thing. I’ve told her that I don’t have the energy or strength to carry out multiple relationships, but she has told me that she can have and wants to have multiple partners and that sexual relationships should be shared between multiple lovers. By the way, she has never had multiple partners, but today she is meeting with another guy who has a gf but is away for the summer. She promises that he’s just a friend but I have doubts that any guy with a gf who happens to meet up with a girl through tinder isn’t looking for just friends.

Am I being paranoid or narrow-minded? Is there a way to be okay that your partner wants to have multiple lovers and you don’t? I really enjoy her company and we have lots in common, I’d hate to lose her after all we’ve already been through.

Help?
>>
>>17154313
There was a thread yesterday where the OPS (male) gf roughly 6 years was going away for the summer. She suggested making the relationship open. He broke up with her on the spot.

That's a 6 year relationship, where he loved his gf, where everything was fine. It was the correct decision to make. Afterwards, she kept trying to call and text him. But he ignored her.

That's what you have to do. Unless you're into open relationships, which you're not. Any time a girl suggests this, it's usually because she has a guy lined up she would like to fuck, or is at least wanting her options left open. And lo and behold, you've already found it.

Break up with her. Don't do it weak ass either, explaining why you just can't do it. Phone or text her before she meets this guy. you're no longer interested in seeing her and not to contact you again. If she asks why, simply state you're not interested in dating someone that wants to whore around, you'll have better options available to you in the future. Yes, exactly like that. And if you think you can't, just think of the above story. A guy managed it with a girl he had been with for 6 years who he loved. If he can do it, you can do it over a woman you've only known two months.
>>
>>17154313
There is no such thing as a legit open relationship. She's either using you for your dick or your money. Or she has found a better guy and you are being slowly replaced.
End it.
>>
>>17154357
Would there be another reason why she would want an open relationship beyond cheating or wanting to fuck someone else? I would love to hear a counter argument from someone in an open relationship or has experienced one. Is there a way to just explain to her why I wouldn't want her to whore around? She really doesn't seem like the person to do it and her track record doesn't really make her out to be a cheater. Then again, I could be totally wrong and she could have been lying the whole time. I'll be seeing her after work so I want to talk to her face to face, and if shit hits the fan, I'll be there to take my stuff I've given her back.
>>
>>17154357
/thread

op, this girl is trash. if you like trash, by all means, stick around.
>>
The modern day woman would make cucks of us all if they could convince us on the open relationship meme
>>
>>17154408
>Would there be another reason why she would want an open relationship beyond cheating or wanting to fuck someone else? I would love to hear a counter argument from someone in an open relationship or has experienced one. Is there a way to just explain to her why I wouldn't want her to whore around?

Nigga u dumb as shit. I gave the example of the 6 year relationship for a simple reason. Do you not think that guy could have bothered talking her down. It's pointless trying to talk someone down when they suggest something like that. They want to whore around, have you no self respect for yourself? Her wanting to whore around is basically saying to you that you aren't good enough for her, she wants more, also she doesn't respect you as a partner and cares only about her own needs.

You seem extremely weak willed. If you DON'T break up with this girl, she's going to become a horror story in your life. You can't talk down a whore like this, and even if you are naive enough to try and she agrees, she will just do as she likes in secret behind your back. Then at some point you'll find out or things will be weird. It's a lot of shit you don't need in your life, thats what I'm talking about horror stories.
>>
>>17154428
Doing gods work anon. Yeah OP for the love of Christ don't even fucking do it. It's just an excuse to suck other dudes dicks. Please respect yourself by dating someone who respects you and your relationship
>>
I would just leave her honestly... That is fucked that she suggested it and also keeps trying to talk you into even tho you're obviously not down. You and her have different ideas of what is okay and what isn't.... Also,
>Would there be another reason why she would want an open relationship beyond cheating or wanting to fuck someone else? I would love to hear a counter argument from someone in an open relationship or has experienced one.

I have been in an open relationship, and the only reason you do it is because you like to have sex with more than one person. It's not for everyone, and if you're uncomfortable with the idea you'll be disgusted with yourself for actually doing it.
>>
>>17154313
You have to end it, OP. Like everyone else said, she's trash. She will come crawling back though, because showing that you respect for yourself and your values will make her wetter than anything else. Don't backslide though, even if she agrees to be exclusive.
>>
Thanks everyone for the input, I must just have to dump her. I just don't date often so finally getting a girlfriend made me somewhat overly attached to her. And just to ask: Is there no redemption for a girl who decides on wanting an open relationship? Like, even after I give my reasons and she agrees with me that it isn't right, and from that conclusion stays committed to just me?
>>
Tell her to stop being such a whore.
>>
>>17154501
It comes with experience. But aside from experience all you need is a little insight to shit posted here or elsewhere.

You get a guy that goes along with it. And it destroys him, mentally. Depression sinks in. A lot of other shit. Then you get guys like you, that think you can try talk it out. And the girl agrees because she has no qualms about lying. She doesn't want to lose you, but she wants to whore around. So she just does it in secret behind his back. Then they find out that they're being cheated on. Shit hits the fan. The guy curses himself for being stupid enough to trust, the signs where there (read: your scenario with this guy, "he's just a friend. from tinder. nothing to worry about at all", but you tried to be the trusting caring boyfriend and ended up being fucked around.

This is pretty much why it's pointless for you to even bother attempting to talk it out. The seeds already been planted by her. There's no turning back once those words are uttered.

Then there's probably (very unlikely) the girl that is happy enough to not have an open relationship, it's all dropped and forgotten.

Nothing in life is absolute, after all, save death. The thing is though, when you date, you want to play the odds in your favour. Is there 100% certainty that she would cheat on you if she agreed? No, but it's pretty damn high. About 98% or some stupid shit. Why do you want to invest your time and energy and effort into such a dodgy scenario? Keep the odds in your favour. Find someone else who is better suited to you. A relationship isn't just about feels for the person, its about compatibility as well.
>>
>>17154313
sounds like a really selfish person avoid her. if she love you she would not be treating you that way.
>>
>>17154313
She just wants to fuck other people. Open relationships are like cancer - gotta cut the tumor out right quick. She's the tumor.

When someone wants an open relationship it's because they don't like you enough to be with just you. They will find someone else during the open relationship to be with exclusively. They just want you as a backup plan in case they can't.

Tell her to take her osho quote and shove it up her gaping gobi desert of a puss. Fucking stank ass bitchhhh
>>
Don't be a cuck op, you're better than that. Your girl is yours only.
>>
>>17154535
Like this person said, OP: Once a person suggest an open relationship with you, they're probably so dead set on it that, even if you refuse, they'll likely just go around behind your back anyway. They don't care about what you think once they want it.

I don't think you'll be able to talk your gf out of it. So it's best to dump her.
>>
>>17154408
>Would there be another reason why she would want an open relationship beyond cheating or wanting to fuck someone else
No. They say they can't be monogamous.

Cue the stupid vegetarian example: say you date a vegetarian person who is really strict and you like eating meat once in a while. You eat meat when your partner doesn't see it and she doesn't know about it. What harm does this do to your partner.

Nevermind things like values and oh, for the meat eater not to get into a relationship with a vegetarian if he knows that is expected of him.
Liberal logic everyone.

Basically, OP, you are the vegatarian asking she leaves behind all juicy cock safe for yours. Don't date meat eaters because they will do it behind your back.
>>
it really pains me to share 4chan with people who can't instantly tell some random girl that wants an """"""""""""""open relationship""""""""""""" to fuck off

what's next, we going to have a thread about a nigga asking if he should go skiing inside an active volcano?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.