[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else feel a general disregard for the world? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: DSCN3757-440x300.jpg (31 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3757-440x300.jpg
31 KB, 440x300
Does anyone else feel a general disregard for the world? I don't really care much about anything, I don't vote because I don't want to take part in driving society onward. Whenever I hear about big tragedies on the news I think "well at least that's a few people gone" That's not me being an asshole either, I sympathise with their pain and their loved ones but death seems to be the best outcome anyway. Honestly I wish my mother would die peacefully in her sleep, not because I don't love her because I very much do, but if she wasn't there to mourn I wouldn't feel obliged to keep living anymore.
>>
>>17152469

>thats not me being an asshole either cuz i sympathize
>which automatically makes me not an asshole somehow

>i wish my mom woudl die so i dont feel obligated to live

you're so noble.

as for me, i feel a disregard for some aspects. i dont vote either cuz i dont feel like im educated enough to make thsoe sorts of decisions. to be honest i dont think anyone really is. on a spiritual and personal level i am in love iwht the world and everything it has to offer. but from a clinical scientific, societal standpoint i dont really care.

I came to the world as it was, and when i laeve it wont be too different.
>>
>>17152485
I might be an asshole, that's not what I meant, I meant I'm not trying to be some edgy "fuck the world" boy
>>
>>17152497

but you're giving the ones who do try a run for their money.

more than anything. I think you are just bored. and like most people, you've adopted a sort of label to try and define yourself and rationalize your place in it all. its just unfortunate that your label was apathy. mine was once sorrow. consider a paradigm shift.
>>
>>17152508
I don't believe in identity and I don't believe in defining yourself, this is how I feel stripped of all facades
>>
>>17152517

>i dont believe in this or that

that doesn't mean you don't do it, and if you were as smart as you assume you are (and i do mean SMART, not intelligent) you would realize that you can still do something, even subconsciously, and not 'believe in it'.

plenty of people say they dont believe in a negative quality, and they still do it. look at the gay community with labels.

but unfortunately for you you are talking about how you feel a general disregard for the entire world, how you would kill yourself because of it.

but somehow that isn't your identity.
>>
>>17152534
Well, obviously I do have an identity. I meant it on the sense you seemed to be talking about, of adopting a persona as a coping mechanism. Maybe I have done this, but it is something I've contemplated a lot and if there is an acquired persona there then it's either too ingrained or I'm too dumb to find it, either way I don't see how I would manage a paradigm shift like you're suggesting
>>
>>17152558

what you are saying now is essentially that you want to be willfully ignorant. which is fine. but i think that just about closes up the thread. come back when you change your mind though.
>>
>>17152517
>I don't believe in identity and I don't believe in defining yourself, this is how I feel stripped of all facades

> I meant I'm not trying to be some edgy "fuck the world" boy

lol. You're a walking joke, man. You're about as deep as a shallow pool. Stop trying.
>>
>>17152576

this is the more blunt version of what i was trying to say, but yeah. sorry OP.
>>
>>17152576
Im not trying anything, and I don't think I'm deep. I could elaborate on what I've said nut I'm on my phone just because I can't sleep. If this thread is still up whenever I wake up I might do that
>>
>>17152595

no one would care by then... no one really cares now.
>>
>>17152469
>I think "well at least that's a few people gone"

That fedora is fitted on pretty tight my man
>>
>>17152563
Im saying I may very well be ignorant, not that I want to be. If you have any advice on how to stop feeling this way I'd gladly take it. Why do you think I made this thread?
>>
>>17152626

to tell the world how you feel. your question was asked simply so you could answer it. you didn't ask how to shift the way you think, and when someone suggested it your immediate reaction was, and i quote:
>>17152558
>either way I don't see how i would manage a paradigm shift like you're suggesting

as in 'no, that sounds impossible'. not 'maybe, give me advice'.

first and foremost, you need to realize why your initial example of your thoughts is incredibly flawed.

>Whenever I hear about big tragedies on the news I think "well at least that's a few people gone"

the implication here is that we are moving closer to extinction and this sped along the process. even in your world view, its wrong. if anything it slows it down, because what inevitably destroys us is going to be using up all of our resources. there arent enough natural disasters in the world to end our species.

take this sort of logic and deconstruct everything in your first post. after your initial thought, then ask yourself 'but what would someone use this to rationalize?'

TL;DR pretend you are reading someone elses post, and think about why you'd think they are cringe worthy.

good luck mate.
>>
>>17152469
Go out into the world and connect with people because that's what you're missing. You've never seen someone die. It's not at all like you think it is.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.