[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My neighbors behind my house are police officers, I cant stand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1441944078634.jpg (52 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1441944078634.jpg
52 KB, 500x400
My neighbors behind my house are police officers, I cant stand them. They are animal absusers.. i have stray cats that are fixed and vaccinated, we take care of them and keep them fed and sheltered from bad weather in our shed. My cop neighbors hate them because they walk through there property. They have caught a few and have admitted to having the people of our burrow abandoned them somewhere.. one came back and has sighs of something being tied to his tail. today my trail camera was facing there yard.. they were reporting it.. so i offered to just move it right then and there. They start cursing me out.. telling me this is the last time there gonna be nice about it..

I seriously dont know what to do I hate these people.. they wont compromise with us .. im at a loss
>>
>>17150310
sounds like it's you that wont compromise with them. They could have had animal control trap the cats and euthanize them. They could have simply killed the cats themselves as well. Keep your little overgrown furry rats that shit all over the place and kill other animals off of others property.
>>
>>17150388
Cats bury their shit though. It's not like he lets dumbfuck dogs on the loose.
>>
Wont compromise? First of all your a idiot you cant catch and euthanize cats that have papers and owners. They are our cats.. that would get them in a shit ton of trouble. What we are doing is called TNR (trap neture release) it keeps from more cats coming into the area and keeps current ones from breeding. We are helping to make less stray cats come around. I cant controll what they do after we trap them.Shit in there yard you say? I guess we should kill every other animal inluding there dogs that shit in there yard tooo? I tried to talk to them and inform them what we are doing or if we could find a resolve and they wont.. if they cant help me i cant help them .. its that simple

You dont have to like cats but you have to be god damn civil espically if its someones pet.. you dont understand that people care about there pets as if they were there kids
>>
>>17150310
Record your interactions with them for proof in case it gets ugly.

I assume from the poor English that you're not living in the USA. Generally speaking, it is permissible to have cameras on your property pointed at someone else's property so long as the view is what would be afforded from public view and doesn't attempt to be deliberately invasive (i.e. you cannot put a camera over a fence to look into their yard, or try to position a camera to look through their bathroom or bedroom windows). Check the laws where you live.

If you're taking responsibility for some animals then you need to keep them on your property. Indoors is best. I love cats but I sure hate the assholes that leave cats to run around outdoors on other people's property.
>>
>>17150428
Poor english.. im just pissed, didnt realize i had to be proper on 4chan.. im from the US
>>
OP maybe you should offer to help building cat-proofing on their fence. but the cat shit is a real concern, it's a serious ecological issue and people can get parasites from it

>>17150388
>They could have had animal control trap the cats and euthanize them.
no, they can't. the laws aren't that simple
>>
>>17150428
they're not actually his cats, they're likely feral since they went through a TNR program
>>
>>17150435
They have been vaccinated for things like that, these cats are not disease ridden, What am i suppose to do though.. at the end of they they are still starys I have papers that they are fixed and vaccinated but , i cant keep them in my yard, they just wonder.. they hang there most of the day though.. we are in the process of trying to get a town project started to make a cat sanctuary for stray cats..
>>
>>17150443
yes, they are approachable and such but i cant hold them or anything.. ive been able to pet one.. thats it though.. but just because they are not truely mines doesnt mean i want them being hurt or taken away to die..There just trying to live like every other animal.
>>
>>17150434
I'm discussing legal issues. Laws are not universal so having an idea where you might live is relevant. You aren't just angry, you're fucking ignorant and stupid.

>>17150443
He's feeding and sheltering nuisance animals that aren't under his control. It's like encouraging rats to congregate somewhere, except idiots will say "oh no, they're beautiful cats, everyone should love them".

I don't advocate harming animals like what OP suspected his neighbors of doing, but the sort of irresponsible behavior that OP is engaged in pisses me off. Want to take care of some animals? That's great, then take care of them properly, don't just collect them so they can run all over and damage other people's property, predate the other small animals and birds in the area, or get injured or killed by traffic and other animals.

>>17150435
Animal control laws tend to be set at a very local level. I happen to live somewhere that has leash laws for all domestic animals. I have some asshole neighbors who stopped putting tags on their cats because they were getting fined when animal control caught their cats running around loose, and in that case, yes, the cats get taken to a shelter.
>>
>>17150419
that's nice until the cats start digging up that nice mulch you just put down and making piles of it for their shit.
>>
>>17150680
that's extremely uncommon. in the vast majorly of the US, and they certainly are where OP is since he was able to TNR them. if free roaming cats are legal they can't do shit about it since killing them would be animal cruelty and most shelters refuse to accept feral cats. hell, in a lot of animal control departments doesn't even respond to calls about cats unless they're being abused
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.