[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm doing some research, and I was wondering what you would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: dfmkdf.png (2 MB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
dfmkdf.png
2 MB, 1400x788
I'm doing some research, and I was wondering what you would define as "the career most needed for the positive advancement of the human race." I'm also interested in hearing your criteria of why you chose that specific career.
>>
Drug dealing
>>
Just do your best. Evolution is a very slow, natural process. If you want to advance the human race, try to be inspired and to inspire others. Live your life with passion. If you can succeed in passing on your genetic code, you will have "advanced" the human race. If you fail, your seed wasn't good enough and nothing of value will have been lost. This also serves to advance the human race. If you can manage to contribute in some way to the betterment of mankind before you die, then please do so. However, most humans create far more waste and strain on the planet than they could ever justify in their lifetimes, so good luck making up for that.
So to answer your question, plant as many large, oxygen-producing trees as you can, never eat meat or drive a car, and don't buy anything made of plastic.
>>
>>17149072
Farming.

Without them no one else can do shit cuz we'll starve.
>>
>>17149087
I just realized this doesn't answer the question. If, however, there was a career which could solve these problems, choose that one.
>>
Most needed for hte future? Foodstuffs
Most needed now? Drug Dealer
>>
Give up everything you own and spend your time wandering around redpilling people on public like Jesus.
>>
>>17149072

rejuvinative medicine and genetic engineering

once we can understand cells and the human genome well enough to the point that we can actively manipulate cells to create tissue to repair any damage due to trauma/ aging, or fix any ailment due to some genetic flaw its the beginning of humans taking an active role in their evolution

once that is done, we can look towards augmentation of the human body/genome using the techniques we learned to repair them

i.e. giving ourselves superstrength, intelligence, possibly immortality, if there is some way to modify our DNA in such a way that would allow it

also, whoever the fuck figures out how to fix these problems is going to be one rich bastard

bigger than bill gates or warren buffet.
>>
Go back to Reddiт Elon Musk
>>
Psychiatric research. In particular, research into the family of conditions we call "depression". It costs us billions in lost productivity. It kills more people than cancer. In doing the previous, it causes almost all gun deaths outside of war (and a shocking -and increasing- number in war as well).

All of this, disproportionately affecting our best and brightest, seemingly blind to all other factors: depression knows no race nor gender, no religion nor creed, but it knows how to go after the very people from all demographics that we need most if we are to further advance. So much lost brainpower. It's a tragedy.

Imagine, though, if we could harness it. What if we could bring them out of darkness, and put them to work for the betterment of humanity. This is why I would call curing depression the most important thing we can do: not even so much for the people who directly benefit from this project as for the people who will benefit from the next one, and the one after that, and all the projects following. Rather than advancing humanity directly, my real goal is to accelerate that development, and this, right here, is your biggest bang for the buck.

There's your answer, OP. Psychiatric research.
>>
>>17149072
>what you would define as "the career most needed for the positive advancement of the human race."
What's the most important part of a plane to fly: wings, flight controls or engines ?
Does that help you understand why your question is retarded ?
>>
>>17149072
I suppose it really depends on what your idea of 'positive advancement' is. I think that in order for us to advance where I will define advancement as "everyone being happy and content with their life and existence", we all need to find value in everyone and everything comparable to our own perception of 'valuable enough to be protected and nurtured'. I would therefore suggest that the career needed most for the positive advancement of the human race is a teacher who teaches that there is value in everyone and everything and that to advance as a species, we must ensure that we do not affect these things.

If everyone sees value in everything, we should all advance as a default outcome and the only people that can cause this to happen are teachers in any capacity.
>>
>>17149072
Plumbers
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.