[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acne problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: ACNE-ROSACEA.jpg (93 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
ACNE-ROSACEA.jpg
93 KB, 1000x667
So i'm 19 years old and I am still having issues with acne. Most people told me that acne would just go away as you age but it's not showing any signs of stopping. I've tried some remedies but nothing seems to be working for me. It makes me self conscious about my looks but people generally say I would be very handsome without the acne

Any help /adv/?
>>
>>17148119
See doctor
>>
Get a prescription for Isotrentinoin/Accutane. You take it for like a year and then the results are permanent. Worked wonders for me.
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211 KB, 1600x447) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211 KB, 1600x447
Acne isnt as simple as parents made it out to be. if its only in one location its usually caused by a specific problem (for example (thisi s wrong but for example) acne on the nose would be a dairy issue). I had acne on my chin only, and thats a hormonal issue. however i cannot fix that as a dude (whereas women could just take birth control etc).

there are two approaches that worked well for me. the first is how i went from pic related to second pic related.

>tretinoin in the morning
>salicylic acne wash in the shower
>moisturizer after / as needed
>erythromicin at night

tretinoin is prescription but you can order online as well. you rub it on to your skin and it peels it fast, causing your acne to fall right off. thats.

salicylic acne wash is basic acne wash you can get at most any store. i get mine at rite aid.

moisturizer stops your face from drying itself out, which prevents your skin from getting damaged and/or over producing oils which makes more acne.

erythromicin topical gel is an antio biotic used to treat acne, however instead of applying it your stomach, you apply it to your face before bed. it attacks the bacteria right on your face, killing acne before it starts.

I used all 4 together and it wokred pretty well, but it was annoying. way too much of my day was dedicated to treating my acne, not eating foods, trying to find ways to scratch an itch without touching myface. if i was making out with a girl and she happened to rub her fingers across my face, you can bet your savings that id have acne on the part of my chin she touched.

i got so frustrated i went ahead and started taking accutane. i was nervous but within the first month i had no acne. i had to quit one week into the third month (of 5 months) but my acne still hasnt returned and for that im grateful. i can sleep face down, scratch my chin, eat whatever i want. its awesome.
>>
Mine didn't clear up until around 25.
>>
>>17148292
There are other milder treatments like antibiotics, they worked for me.
>>
Dude go to cvs and get shea moisture black soap. Or lavender luminosity at marshalls/ross. Lavender is a natural antifungal which if you are a guy there is constantly fungal bacteria growing in your facial hairs
>>
>>17148300
They lose effectiveness over time though. And this is something they don't tell you when you're a teen but acne persist well into your late twenties. I'm 27 and I have it just as bad as when I was 16.
>>
>>17148292
This
>>
>>17148339
They cured my acne in one week. I guess I was lucky.
>>
>>17148345
Fuck yeah you were. I went through like 4 different antibiotics before starting Accutane.
>>
>>17148355
Thanks, acne + seborrheic dermatitis ruined my teenage years, I took certain antibiotic for 4 months and when I stopped boom that shit again.

Some months ago I was prescribed one for an infection and now I'm cured.
>>
why r u insecure op almost everyone gets acne it will go away in its own time just eat healthy and drink water and exercise and wash ur face
>>
>>17148292
I wouldn't wish the side effects on my worst enemy. Unless you get lucky it's not worth the risk for something that good hygiene can fix.
>>
>>17148119
Same. When I post on "faces of /b/" threads, I get rated from 2-5/10and when I edit my photos and remove the acne, I usually get 7-8/10, and a 9 one time.
>>
Drink lots of water, moisturize, exfoliate 2-3 times a week, use some sort of brush like vitagoods or clarisonic every day, AND get one of those "Acne Systems"

In my experience Clerogen and Exposed are both good. They personally helped me with acne, and while I still have acne scars my skin is now smooth to the touch without any bumps.

Look at the Asian Beauty method too if you have the money for it. Really all you need is:
1) Good oil-free foaming/non-foaming cleanser
2) Hydrating Toner
3) Serum/Essence
4) Moisturizer (oil free)
You may feel like a pussy for using all this shit, but it makes a difference. Try using a clay/charcoal mask, and other types of purifying/moisturizing masks. Look on youtube for 'good korean sheet masks'.

Not sure what else to tell you that you can't find anywhere else... make sure you moisturize before you sleep and change your pillow case every night/other night (I usually just put a pillow case on my pillow and then flip it inside out and use it the next night).

Good luck man, you can do it.
>>
>>17148119
My acne peaked 17/18 and has been slowly getting less severe since. I'm 23 now and have some minor stuff still.

Things that worked for me:
Control your diet, eat lots of fruits, veggies and lean meats. Exercise, especially cardio, will help unclog your pores.
Change your pillow case daily, sheets every 2-3 days. Use your towel for 2 showers at most.
Wash your face with a good soap daily, I use Colonel Conk's (my shaving soap) and just that alone does wonders. Consider exfoliation and VERY light usage of moisturizers.
Tretinoin/salicylic acid/etc. help, but they always leave my skin super pink and feeling like I've had a chemical burn. I've used them mostly for spot treatment.

Anyway, good luck. Hope this helps.
>>
>>17148119
I went to see a doctor. She described benzoperioxode or something in that direction. Cream worked like a charm. Saw results within a month or two. Just... go see a doctor. Don't let acne take your youth for too long.
>>
Aight so I used to get really bad acne when I was in high school and shortly there after. I found 2 things that worked great for me. For starters I quit soda, and secondly and perhaps more importantly I started using Ivory soap. It worked wonders for me. Once I started using it when i showered 99% of my acne went away in like a week.
>>
>get zit on forehead once in a while
>compulsively pick it even though I shouldn't
>get a huge scab for a week
I know not to pick and I can't do it
>>
lush products are kind of pricey but i highly highly highly recommend their face products. you can buy stuff based on your skin type and everything. lushusa.com
>>
See dermitologist. If he/she are good at their job they will likely give you accutane and may do facial peels (ignore the stigma, I had several facial peels done as a young teenager and now often get compliments on my skin)
Accutane is fairly effective, and I had zero effects from several other acne medications.
>>
File: 1461856259042.png (357 KB, 600x824) Image search: [Google]
1461856259042.png
357 KB, 600x824
Had severe/cystic acne until late 20's. Said fuck it and did full course of Accutane. Couple of years later, acne came back but much better than before. Developed dryer lips, eyes, and skin as a result. Was definitely worth it for me even then due to how badly acne fucked me up before.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.