[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How screwed am I if I ask my parents if I can meet my online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: indoor plant.jpg (190 KB, 729x511) Image search: [Google]
indoor plant.jpg
190 KB, 729x511
How screwed am I if I ask my parents if I can meet my online friend irl when I travel to Spain before joining a Spanish course co-organised by my uni? What's the worse that can happen? I'm a girl and he is a guy and I don't want them to freak out. Mom is kind of overprotective and already thinks of staying at hostels is kind of risky.
>>
Why do you ask your parents something like this? Do you also ask your parents whether you are allowed to try the spanish restaurants in the area?

But be aware, your "online friend" may be a lot more dangerous individual than you think. Make sure that you have someone who is also attending the course who you can trust also come with you, and make sure to pick a public and accessible venue.
>>
Oh my god, why are you posting AGAIN? I fucking told you: if you're not happy with how your parents treat you, move out. Don't give me that 'it's too expensive to move out' bullshit again - move out or suck it up.
>>
>>17145630
>Make sure that you have someone who is also attending the course who you can trust also come with you, and make sure to pick a public and accessible venue
Yes will definitely do these. I think the risks are small (but still there of course) if I follow safety precautions such as not leaving my drinks unattended when I am with my online friend, not accepting food from him, etc.
>Why do you ask your parents something like this?
I still live with my parents so I guess I have to ask them for permission.
>>
>>17145630
Don't bother giving her proper advice, all she's going to do is whine and make excuses against everything you say.
>>
>>17145637
Well I will listen this time. Tips?
>>
>>17145641
See >>17145632
>>
>>17145642
I'm just scared that my parents will cancel the entire trip if I ask them for permission.
>>
>>17145645
That's nice, but I didn't mention anything about asking them for permission. Don't say you're going to listen to advice if you're not actually going to listen to advice.
>>
>>17145648
I don't want to move out ok so I will try to ask for permission first and if it is a no it is a no
Like I've said I just don't want them to cancel the entire trip if I ask them for permission. I don't think moving out just because I want to meet an online friend even if they may say no is worth it moneywise.
>>
>>17145648
Plus I think you are unfamiliar with the culture here. People do not usually move out unless they get married here. No need to be the odd one out.
>>
Well you arent 15 anymore...
>>
>>17145626
DO NOT BOTHER REPLYING. She posts this same query 3 or 3 times a week, gets good advice, ignores it, and then reposts again.

The only way to stop her is to ignore her.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.