[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made bad decisions in my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 8697_Really-Cool-Waterslides.jpg (45 KB, 1130x706) Image search: [Google]
8697_Really-Cool-Waterslides.jpg
45 KB, 1130x706
I was born with genetic disorder called Cystic fibrosis, for those that haven't heard about it, there is no cure for it, and some people die very young from it. After high school I went to college to study programing, I never programed before in my life so it was hard for me but i liked it and wanted to learn it.

In that time I started to have a lot of health problems, I was in hospitals often, had some operation, i saw few guys that have same problem as me, and are few years older than me, in really bad condition, one guy even died, he was around 25 i think. I got really depressed and I didn't see point in studying when I am going to die in few years, even if i finish school no one gonna hire me if I am sick all the time.

I stopped caring about everything, and just sit home playing video games and waiting to die. Soon I dropped out of college because i didn't pass any exams, and I didn't want to waste money on paying college that I am not gonna finish.

So few years passed, my health got better, I even finished some easy school, and I started working for some cousins. And I realized that I am not going to die yet, but I finished school i didn't want, i did it just because of my parents, and I am now doing job i don't like (accounting, finances). I don't know if its too late to start learning to program again, and if i could get a job without finishing school for it, or should i just stick to what I am doing now, and hope i will start to like it?
>>
>>17139048
How far did you get into your programming classes before you stopped?
>>
I have crohns and a sevre anxiety disorder I know that feel. It's hard in society now a days to find the right fit for you when standards are so high for min wage jobs. Maybe look into careers you can do remotely.
>>
>>17139048
I personally think that the answer to the question you're asking lies within yourself. Do you actually enjoy programming on a personal level ? Is it any fun to you ? Do you find yourself feeling happy after a session of intense programming ? If you answered yes to any of these questions just do it, man. Do whatever makes you happy on the inside (and stop caring about what OTHERS want YOU to do, that's YOUR decision). You've somehow been handed some sort of "second chance" at like so do me a favor and take it and make the best out of it. I know this isn't the best way to go about but I'm sure many folks would enjoy to walk in your shoes and you somehow owe it to them to make sure you're happy (I'm sure they'd like you to be, too).
>>
>>17139101
at life*
>>
>>17139085
Not far, I understand some beginner stuff, and I read something on my own, some online tutorial on python, c++, but its not much. I don't know from where to start.
>>17139092
Thats why I want to get back to programing, I could probably to that from home. Only good thing about my work now with cousin is that he knows i have problems, so i can tell him im not going to come to work if i fell bad, and i feel relaxed because i can take my medication and everything and people are not gonna ask me questions and wonder why i take them.
>>
>>17139107
Nobody will know you take medication with remote it will be at home and through computer.
>>
>>17139101
Well problem is that i only know beginner programing, I never had intense programing. Most stuff I did in college was small codes where you find problem or just make some easy program they ask you to. That was fun for me, i like that i have to think a lot, and came up with solutions, and make something that can be off use. I had problems learning some stuff, but i think i could do it, I just need to know how to start. I was thinking to go to some programing course that lasts 1 year, but if i don't have money for that i will just have to find something online.
>>
>>17139112
Yes I know, but I dont know if i will able to find remote job, I dont know anyone from my friends or their friends that work from home.
>>
>>17139123
Well then I'd advise you to take a beginners programming class; maybe a few times a week in the evening or on the weekends ? This will most likely give you a good idea of what programming really means to you. Start your journey while thinking of it as a hobby, which is a good way to see if it sticks without any obligations that might ruin the fun of it.
There's also a lot of online classes available, some free, others behind a paywall (but it's never that expensive), you might want to look that up too.
>>
>>17139129
Im probably gonna start with online classes, because I have few things to do in my current school to get diploma, i don't like it, but I don't what to drop out again. So in few months I will look for some classes i can go to.

Do you or anyone else know some good site with online classes I can start with?
>>
>>17139150
That sounds like a good idea.
I personally don't know any. If I were you I'd : a. Ask around the internet (maybe even on different boards) b. Try to find course reviews online by myself (educational institutions are oftentimes evaluated by third party organizations, you just have to figure out how to find the report).

Hope this has been of any help to you, I have to go. See you around
>>
>>17139153
Ok, thanks for help.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.