[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i be a good big brother? My little brother (4) is around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1437589268370.jpg (6 KB, 174x290) Image search: [Google]
1437589268370.jpg
6 KB, 174x290
How do i be a good big brother? My little brother (4) is around an bunch of chicks all day, so I'm worried he's going to grow up to be some kinda sissy. I can't really do anything fun with him yet (shooting, going out for a beer, that sorta thing) because he's only 4. What can I do with him to really make sure that he grows up to be a good man? I'm looking for something more then "just be there for him". I'm already around a lot (at least once every other day, most of the time every day) so I want some activities we could do that will show him how to be a cool guy, but that he can still do at 4 years old.
>>
At that age, I don't think there are a lot of gender-specific things going on. Boy, girl, it's all just kids at that point and he's not picking up anything that will make him either masculine or feminine.

Otherwise you can play some sports with him or watch movies. Get some Nerf guns and go out and shoot each other. Play fight and stuff.
>>
>>17138120
Get him into sports or shit.

Take him fishing.
Buy him some boxing gloves and a punch bag.

Shit, when I was a kid, I always wanted to join some sort of sports club or something...
Parents said it was too expensive.

Other kids got to do it, and they started well before they went to school, so when they first started, they all knew each other and had a good grasp of "working as a team" and shit.
But I didn't.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably still be an autistic asshole if I did get that stuff... but I would've stood more of a chance to be honest.

He doesn't need to be drinkin' or shootin' to have fun.

I never managed to get into sports... if I could never play, then why watch?
Unfortunately, that makes it much harder to talk to "proper" men.

So, yeah, just get him into sports or some shit.
>>
>>17138120
Man when I was 6, I was the class clown and all of the girls loved me. Now I'm 18 without a real relationship.

Point is, anything is possible. I'd say its okay with him hanging around some chicks, but balance it out by playing vidyas or exploring places with him.
>>
>>17138120
Math
Chess
Guitar

Anything he's going to have to learn at some point.
>>
>>17138120
are u srs
did u not get enough hugs as a kid to know how to treat ur brother
>>
>>17138120
Maybe your brother is trans? Did you ever ask him what he identifies as?
>>
>>17138120
Leave the kid alone. He'll do fine without your warped concept of masculinity.
>>
>>17138967
Way too early to tell. Just let him grow up normally and ask him that question as he approached puberty.

>>17139044
This is good advice right here.
>>
>>17138145
>>17138149
>>17138163
Thanks, these are all good ideas.
>>17138495
>>17138967
>>17139044
>>17139046
Oh fuck off, I just want him to grow up to be a cool guy. We don't need another autistic man child running around, we already have you four.
>>
>>17138967

This year, this is a troll post. In 2 years, this will literally be a mainstream way of thinking
>>
Teach him about cars. How to fix them and general maintenence.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.