[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/, I'm your generic 21-years old NEET. I moved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: satou.jpg (101 KB, 802x1000) Image search: [Google]
satou.jpg
101 KB, 802x1000
Hello /adv/, I'm your generic 21-years old NEET.

I moved out of my mom's house 3 years ago to become independent, but now I realize that my 'independency' was all bullshit. I lived in a friend's house helping out their family business, and lived a pretty comfortably with money that my dad kept sending me.

I went to the local community college receiving mediocre grades, putting in minimal effort, dropping the courses that I received a bad grade. I can transfer to a university, but I doubt that I actually learned anything I should know, and that I could even pass uni classes with this shitty work ethic.
And not surprisingly, I have zero social skills, so even if I do get the damn degree, I wouldn't be able to follow it up with a job and I'd be left with just debt.

Days after days of masturbation, videogames that I can barely enjoy, drive-through fast food, and very few hours of work continues.
I know that even this can't continue. My friend's family will eventually kick me out, and my father will stop helping me out after realizing that I'm not doing jack in school. Once that happens, I'd probably become homeless.

I don't even know why I'm posting this. I received countless advice over the years and couldn't follow through any of them.
Maybe I'm just posting this to feel that I still exist, which is ironic considering this is an anonymous board.
>>
Well, I've been in a similar position. I dropped out of uni two years ago, got an apprenticeship, left that as well. Unemployed for a year now. Living with my dad.

did the same thing as you, mediocre performance at uni, anxiety issues, whatever.

I did the same thing, just masturbating, video games etc, but you get bored. You're living on base instinct, little else, and you're probably afraid and miserable.

The things that improved my life were fostering self discipline and going to the gym. If you work out you feel like you achieved somethign and after a while your body looks better and you feel more confident. Don't cut out gaming entirely but greatly reduce it. Try to get involved in hobbies. And for god's sake, get outside and interact with people.

It's not over for you and you can recover from where you are but you're going to need to WORK for it. It's do or die really, you can live like this and not change a thing and be miserable or you can start LIVING.

Hang in there.
>>
You lack discipline. Good news is this is a skill that every human can train and develop. The key, and the aspect you are missing, is to take small steps. When you say "I can't keep living like this", your subconscious balks at the concept. What could I possibly do to change? This is too much. Eventually things must change on their own. Rationalizations like these are automatic responses to stress in a mind that lacks the discipline to tackle such stress.

So, here's the first step you can take right this minute. You were motivated enough to make this thread, right? Take a piece of paper and a writing tool and physically write out what you are unhappy with. Merely thinking about it isn't enough, putting pen to paper activates your mind on multiple levels and will be nothing but beneficial. Once you have your ills written out, well, you've just made yourself a real, actual checklist of what you can start changing today. Authors have written extensively on the subject of self- discipline, if you need more don't be afraid to look for more on the subject. Wish you the best of luck, anon.
>>
>>17133925
Thanks, I've never been to a gym, but I tried working working out. The sense of progress felt good, I'll admit.
Maybe I'll try it again, though I can just predict that I won't last long as I've been doing until now.

>>17133943
Yeah, I've written down list of the things I could do.
But the motivation to keep them going never lasts more than few days, and the attempt getting weaker and lazier everytime I try again.

Maybe I'll move back in with my mother. Someone actively watching my pathetic lifestyle might push myself to act.
>>
>>17133989
For fucks sake man you're a real ray of sunshine. I can tell from your wording that you're going to do exactly the same shit as before. Go ahead and spend the rest of your life existing but don't bother coming here and complaining about your life if you aren't even considering advice.

"I'll just end up failing again" of course you will if you don't even fucking try. For god's sake, you're worth more than this. Grow up and teach yourself some discipline. You're 21 man, being lazy isn't an excuse anymore.
>>
>>17133925
Do this, OP. All the confidence that I built anitially was actually built around working out; yeah, something as suoerficial as that really helps out.

Go out, too. You're going to fail a lot at first, but you'll become better over time. I also recommend meditation and a healthy diet, although that might just be placebo effect related, but still; it helps.

Lastly, as I see that your mindset is exttemely negative, I think that you might need someone that can actually push your limits and help you improve your habits - perhaps a personal trainer. Might want to save some cash for that.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.