[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a Canadian about to travel to the USA by car in a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1462965432395[1].jpg (75 KB, 641x325) Image search: [Google]
1462965432395[1].jpg
75 KB, 641x325
I'm a Canadian about to travel to the USA by car in a few weeks.
I'm going from Alberta through Idaho, and going to end up in Portland for a week vacation.

Last year I was arrested(bench warrant) because I didn't pay my "driving without insurance" fine, my friends came and paid it and I was in and out in 8 hours.

I have zero criminal record, but I was still technically "arrested".

Will this be a problem when I cross the border?

What do I say when they ask me if I've ever been arrested?

Also, if you get refused entry, how can you get into the united states?
Do you go through another border crossing?
>>
>>17132430
If you've been arrested you have a criminal record.

A record doesn't just mean convicted of a crime it means all information pertaining to you in the criminal justice system.

So if you were taken into custody, even without charges, you have to put in an application to Parole Board of Canada to have that information removed.

What to do? Well that's on you. If you say you don't have a criminal record, and you get flagged, you could be arrested again. If you say you do, you could be denied entry. But they also might just let you enter anyway because you've not been convicted of anything.
>>
best to give them a call for some solid facts.
>>
>>17132508
>If you've been arrested you have a criminal record.
A bench warrant doesn't count as a criminal record.

>you have to put in an application to Parole Board of Canada to have that information removed.
I heard it's pointless because they don't share that info with the USA.

>you could be arrested again.
What would I be arrested for?
This site:
http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/prior-criminal-offenses/crimes-that-will-make-you-inadmissible-to-the-u-s/#.VzMcuuQuPWE
says:
>Offences like fail to appear, causing a disturbance, common assault and impaired driving are not ordinarily considered in determining your admissibility to the country. In addition, multiple convictions involving crimes which are NOT classified as crimes involving moral turpitude ordinarily do not block your entry.
>>
>>17132519
>border patrol
>solid facts
lmao
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.