[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 questions about exercise /adv/ 1. is it normal to feel really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
2 questions about exercise /adv/

1. is it normal to feel really cold after exercise? I usually do. Sweat evaporating but even after I get out of sweaty clothes and under covers I feel really cold.

2. I had breakfast today but haven't eaten since and it's 10:30pm. I thought I'd eat after working out but in fact it killed my appetite. I have a feeling that if I did eat something it would awaken my hunger but I'm kind of inclined to just not eat anything. It would mean an approximately 500 calorie day. Bad idea?

for information I am pretty skinny and I don't have an eating disorder but I may have somewhat disordered thoughts about food. So I thought I would check in with the world before I decide to not eat tonight.
>>
1) You're cold not just because of the sweat evaporating from your body, but because your blood is rushing out from the core of your body to the extremities, which has a higher surface area which, in turn, allows for more rapid heat loss. It's why you can see your veins in the summer time poking out of your skin, but in winter they "recede"; your body is trying to regulate itself by putting all of the blood in your body as far from your core as possible;
2) A 500 calorie diet is suicide. Your body will start to leach proteins from your muscles, rendering your exercises impotent. You should eat food at least an hour before exercising and within half an hour ending exercise to prevent autophagy. For an idea on how many calories to eat daily, go to:
http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
Even an 18 year-old girl that's 5-foot-flat, 95 pounds, and doesn't exercise at all still needs to eat 1500 calories a day to survive.
>>
>>17131805
Everything this anon says is truth. I'd like to add:

Dear god, eat, seriously you need to eat, eating disorders can kill you and are really difficult to break out of.
>>
>>17131809
>>17131805

is it that bad for just one day though? Like an unplanned fast?
>>
>>17131824
It'll fuck up today's workout, and could lead to bad habits
>>
>>17131827

well that would suck, it was a really good/hard/fun workout. OK, I'll eat something.

do people who do that intermittent fasting thing just never exercise on fasting days then? Just curious.
>>
>>17131853
I believe that's how it works yes. The boyfriend is more of an expert on all of tthis and just told me

>it's not healthy to fast for more than a week, maybe two. If you exercised while fasting you'd run out of energy too fast and could hurt yourself. People who fast delude into thinking they're okay by drinking lots of water.
>>
>>17131876
*delude themselves
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.