[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heyo, just need quick dumbass advice. Just want some reinforcement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1441655887034.jpg (92 KB, 870x579) Image search: [Google]
1441655887034.jpg
92 KB, 870x579
Heyo, just need quick dumbass advice. Just want some reinforcement or redirection, whichever one I get.

Went on a date with this girl like a week or two ago and we've been texting and trying to find a time to go out since I've been super busy. Now I've got an opening and wanna invite her out but I don't really know what to do. The only things in this city are stores and restaurants.

I was thinking of inviting her to look at books with me at least as as starting point since I know she likes to read manga and other shit. Is that a horrid, wretched idea?
>>
Hey bro. Just be calm about it just text her "hey do you want to go out and _______ tomorrow" just ask her. Most girls appreciate being asked strait out. And no offence but a bookstore isn't really that romantic. Have fun!
>>
>>17131501

She's a weeb. Should be easy right?

Let's be real, what's the budget? What's the goal? What other resources do you have at your disposal?
>>
>>17131526
I've got the asking part down, it's more where to go that bugs me. And I know it's really not but I'm not sure what else to do in this town. I don't want to just ask her to eat again. There's an amazing cafe downtown but she's not a coffee drinker I don't think.

>>17131535
I dunno, I've never dated a weeb before. She seems like she's still in high school mode a bit.

Budget isn't really a factor at the moment. I don't want to take her to the $100 steakhouse exactly but dropping $20-40 won't hurt me. I want to spark more romantic interest with her but I'm not planning on dating her long term since I'm moving in a few months. I know she won't hook up, but I don't really intend to do that with her. As for resources, I don't know what exactly that would constitute.
>>
>>17131564

> I don't want to take her to the $100 steakhouse

Good, and you shouldn't unless you want to set that expectation.

> dropping $20-40 won't hurt me.

I was thinking you were in HS or flat broke. My typical first date is one specific coffee shop that near one of the best delis in the city and a touristy Chinatown.

I say pick a coffee shop near two interesting but cheap things, like museums or arcades. Start with coffee, gauge interest and suggest you take it elsewhere.

>As for resources, I don't know what exactly that would constitute.

Car, apartment, membership to some sort of club or something. (Had a friend who had access to a snobby academic social club, he used that to fake status so often the person who sponsored his membership "forgot" to renew)
>>
>>17131596
Nope, I've got a job and everything. I've just had trouble finding places to go.

The cafe in question is my go-to first date location. It's downtown which isn't exactly exciting in the day time unless you're an old person or you work in that area but it's something. There's a nice bakery near there but that's it. It's been raining a lot lately. There's really not much more. My last girlfriend and I basically just went out to eat every night which got expensive and old quickly. That's what it seems like all the couples do, plus fucking. Maybe pool, minigolf, or bowling but that always gets less than enthusiastic responses for me. It's just restaurants and bars. That's why I was thinking book shopping would be good, though it might highlight my normie-ness to her.

Just a car.
>>
>>17131617
Oh, there's a movie theatre too. Maybe she'd wanna go see Civil War, since she's into that nerd shit. But sitting quietly in a dark theatre?
>>
>>17131619
its ok for a second date, never the first.
get drinks after.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.