[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How should my mother and I go about confronting my older brother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 008-D2441lr.jpg (61 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
008-D2441lr.jpg
61 KB, 300x200
How should my mother and I go about confronting my older brother (24) about using ice? he has become increasingly violent, screaming and abusing everyone in the house and we discovered meth smoking paraphernalia in his trashed bedroom. We were thinking about having him submit weekly drug tests or find somewhere else to live.

How likely is it that he becomes violent, or tries to break in and steal from us etc?
>>
>>17131406
Man, sorry to hear your family/brother are going through that right now. Has your mother considered seeing a counsellor or social worker about your brother's behaviour? These situations are complex and I just don't think 4chan can provide the best advice for you. You can talk to your doctor about local agencies that help with drug abuse and mental health problems. Meth users tend to deteriorate pretty quickly, so I think getting a professional involved now would be a really good idea.

I hope everything goes smoothly, anon.
>>
>>17131406
Meth will kill you pretty fast, if you can't get him to go to rehab, turn him in. Better to be in jail than dead
>>
As a former abuser of drugs, my advice would be to kick him out of the house. He is not going to stop until the consequences become severe enough for him to want to changet, and while the level of severity varies from person to person, he probably won't stop while he has a roof over his head and food to eat. Give him some tough love and do not enable him in any way. It will still take a while for him to come around, and he will more than likely need the assistance of a recovery group of some kind, but there is hope.
>>
Former drug abuser here again. Meth is very hard to overdose on, so he could keep using drugs for a while before he ends up in jail, starving, or killing himself doing something else. The trick is to get him to face harsh consequences, but not too harsh that they ruin the rest of his life.
>>
>>17131422
The only problem is how violent he may get when we kick him out and keeping him away from the house.. would an avo help at all?

>>17131416
Thanks for your kind words, he has had cocaine problems in the past which he has seen a professional for, but he would always relapse. His meth use started after not using cocaine (presumably) for about a month, maybe two.
>>
>>17131465
If he gets violent you need to call the police. I understand that it is hard to inflict consequences on someone that you love, but if he has already been struggling with addiction then he may need them. I didn't clean up my act until I was looking at 5 years in prison, but I've been doing well for almost 3 years now.
>>
>>17131422
This. Drugs like Meth and Heroine are not to be fucked with. If moral corruption can exist in a physical form, this is either it, or damn close.

Stuff is going to start going missing from your house soon, he'll likely become violent and blame everyone who tries to help him.

He needs to be SHOWN, not just told, that this shit isn't going to fly.

This shit took my Uncle from chill average Joe to breaking his sisters Jaw at a family barbecue for asking "have you seen my purse?" (he broke her jaw because "of course she'd assume it was me", and in reality he had already tucked her purse under his car seat)

Don't play around with this shit.
>>
We just approached him about it, he was calm and basically just denied it. He said he has snorted it once when drunk and the foil and straws were all from other people using it. We told him that if there are any other incidences related to drugs that he will have to find somewhere else to live. We plan on making him do a drug test after a weekend if I notice him scattering.

I personally don't believe him, he denied it on the basis that if he smoked ice over the weekend then he wouldn't have been able to go to work on Monday, which I think is BS.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.