[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be happy, how?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: white guy.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
white guy.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
I will sacrifice anything, I will accept anything. I want to be happy for most of my life. I'll take any ideas into consideration.
>>
>>17131173

it depends on what is making you sad. generally speaking you need these key elements to be happy throughout the day

>enjoy your job
>enjoy your alone time
>enjoy your socializing time

thats really it. enjoying your job doesnt mean it has to be exciting or the best thing ever. some people love their jobs simply because its like 'hanging out' with friends, but they have to do some sort of work. i dont have any 'friends' at my job but i love what i do simply because im project oriented, and its like running a really big project. i get satisfaction from it. The best job is one you get fulfillment from. if you dont get fulfillment from it, go to the 'alone time' section below. but as long as you arent sad to go to work and actually enjoy going in to some degree (and of course, it pays you adequately) than you are good.

my roommate wokrs at a restaurant as a waiter, but he loves it. it makes good money for someone who never went to college, he gets to be on his feet all day, and he loves talking to the customers, as its a very chill place. sometimes you havfe to 'pay dues' by having a not so great job, but as long as therei s a REAL plan to get to the job you want, its good.

>alone time

enjoying alone time means two things generally
>what relaxes you is good
>what energizes you is good.

for me, relaxing is mostly watching TV, giving advice on 4chan, etc. but energizing is my personal projects. i make short films and web series.

your 'energizing' aspect of alone time should fulfill you in soem way if your job doesn't. my job is great but making movies is what makes me me. for other people its drawing comics. for others its making video games. others its sculpting. painting, furniture building, whatever. find something that is productive and enjoy it.
>>
>>17131194

finally
>socializing time

everyones different. dont worry about whether you are an introvert or extrovert, cuz most people dont actually know what htose mean and 'misdiagnose' themselves all the time.

find things you like to do and do them in public. meet a steady stream of new people through them. no matter how 'alone' your hobby is, there are at least people who want to meet up and talk about it. hobby shops, meetup.com etc are all great places to start.

you should also try to have or get to deep relationsihps. but just do what makes you happy. if people stop bringing you joy, try to fix that. if there is no returning to that joy, then feel free to cut them out. why spend your social time with someone who only hinders your life?

if you have more questions or specifics let me know. this is the best i can do wiht someone saying 'I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY' with no contedxt.
>>
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
>>
>>17131194
I appreciate the response for what little context I gave. I will think about this
>>
File: 1374525874783.jpg (47 KB, 321x374) Image search: [Google]
1374525874783.jpg
47 KB, 321x374
>>17131218
>>
>>17131241
Your purpose is your mission in life. Your life's work. Something important, noble, and beautiful enough for you to die for. Something you choose to completely commit yourself to. Once you commit yourself and work towards that, you will be happy.
>>
>>17131173

According to the leading happy scientists

>spend time doing physical activities
>spend some time each day outside
>do things you enjoy doing
>do things you're good at
>spend time with loved ones
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.