[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian /adv/ice thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 33
File: the-lamb.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
the-lamb.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when men revile you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be very glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in this manner they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:2-12 - The Beatitudes

Join Us in Prayer and Worship: https://www.youtube.com/user/IHOPkc/live

Current Events: https://www.spreaker.com/show/1119477
End Times Prophecy: http://z3news.com/

Read the Bible cover-to-cover: http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/reading-plans/
Listen to the Bible cover-to-cover: https://youtu.be/_zdRaV3EXz0?list=PLURWfUEJXnMHlFqYqDAtRzLMJ4RumvvOo
Watch the Bible cover-to-cover: http://fullbiblemovies.blogspot.ca/
>>
File: 5000loaves.jpg (116 KB, 701x542) Image search: [Google]
5000loaves.jpg
116 KB, 701x542
John 14:12-14

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
John 15:7, 16

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
John 16:23-24

23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
Mark 10:52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
Luke 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
>>
>>17130952
There's not enough room in heaven for all of us. For some of us, this life is all we will ever have.
>>
>>17131261
Heaven is not a convention hall, there's room for anyone who sets to going there. Not everyone elects to do that, though.
>>
File: glory.jpg (89 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
glory.jpg
89 KB, 400x278
>>17131261
>There's not enough room in heaven for all of us. For some of us, this life is all we will ever have.
That is not true, there is enough room in God's Pocket for the entire world

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

Believe upon His name and you shall be saved. Repent, turn away from your sins. Read the Bible cover-to-cover. Politicians don't care for you. Your pastor only cares for you when things go well with them. Sometimes, you don't even care for yourself. God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit) always cares for you. Open your Bible and get to know more about God. Get in the Spirit and seek Him with all your strength, seek the Truth and the Truth shall set you free
>>
>>17130952
I would be right there with you if it wasn't because you guys don't acknowledge other equally valid points of view.

I think that Jesus's message was to love one another, and many other religions teach this. Note that I'm not saying your beliefs are wrong, I'm simply saying that other guys are right too.
>>
>>17131283
>843 The Catholic Church recognizes in other religions that search, among shadows and images, for the God who is unknown yet near since he gives life and breath and all things and wants all men to be saved. Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as "a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life."
-Catechism of the Catholic Church
>>
File: idolatry.jpg (16 KB, 236x225) Image search: [Google]
idolatry.jpg
16 KB, 236x225
>>17131283
>I think that Jesus's message was to love one another, and many other religions teach this. Note that I'm not saying your beliefs are wrong, I'm simply saying that other guys are right too.
The first commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your strength

You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself any graven idol, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water below the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of them who hate Me. (Exodus 20:3-5)

The second commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself. God raises the sun on both the righteous and the wicked. Pray for those who persecute you

Read the Bible and get to know more about God, the Bible talks about what happened to the Israelites when they turned from God. From the golden calf in the wilderness to the temples of Baals where they defiled themselves with male and female prostitutes while they disobeyed God's commandments. The LORD your God is a holy God and we must sanctify ourselves when we come before His presence
>>
>>17131273
>>17131282
Heaven's not infinity and closes when all humans die.
>>
>>17131290
See
>>17131289

I'm not as close minded as you are.
>>
File: altar.jpg (49 KB, 736x865) Image search: [Google]
altar.jpg
49 KB, 736x865
>>17131296
>Heaven's not infinity and closes when all humans die.
Says who?

>>17131297
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)
>>
File: BASED BENEDICT.jpg (20 KB, 410x334) Image search: [Google]
BASED BENEDICT.jpg
20 KB, 410x334
>>17131297
Yes, yesssssss. Let the tradition flow through you.
>>
>>17131290
This is the kind of thinking that starts wars. Way to go! I acknowledged that your core philosophy was right while your closed mind couldn't accept another point of view.

This is why I don't like people loke you.
>>
>>17131304
Have you ever heard of Pope Francis?
>>
>>17131302
Do I get to quote other religious books too? Oh, that's right, only yours is valid.

Kindly fuck off, please.
>>
>>17131314
Yes.
>>
>>17131321
Then you know about how he is changing many traditions, right?
>>
>>17130952
Fuck this shit I'm out
>>
>>17131325
Not really, no. The media loves that narrative, but
>Doctrine on marriage unchanged
>Doctrine on abortion unchanged
>Doctrine on birth control unchanged
>Doctrine on sainthood unchanged
>Doctrine on holy orders unchanged

He literally restates millennium-old teachings and the media runs these breathless headlines about his "shocking" statements. I mean, they were all a-twitter when he mentioned that evolution and the big bang don't conflict with Catholic theology. Even though those have never been denounced by Catholic theologians -- that's a protestant thing. Or that thing about atheists going to heaven? Twisting a quote where he basically said he wasn't in charge of judging them. And his discussion of gay marriage amounted to a "be nice to gay people;" as cardinal in Argentina, he was more frank when he called it "lies from Satan," if memory serves.

The headline rarely resembles the body text, and the body text of the article rarely contains the whole context of the quote. Silly stuff. Dude is ruffling feathers because he's critical of profit-at-all-costs capitalism and the death penalty, but those are old Church teachings too.
>>
>>17131342
Still, man, many others were quick to cast judgement while he, at least, is opening a bit more to discussion.

In my humble opinion, the thing about gay people is a huge step forward.
>>
File: cross.jpg (38 KB, 736x289) Image search: [Google]
cross.jpg
38 KB, 736x289
>>17131309
>This is the kind of thinking that starts wars. Way to go! I acknowledged that your core philosophy was right while your closed mind couldn't accept another point of view.
“Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man’s foes will be those of his own household.’

“He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And He who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. (Matthew 10:34-39)

>This is why I don't like people loke you.
It doesn't matter what the world thinks of me. I love Jesus and I know that He loves me. I am not greater than Jesus. The people that lived during Jesus' time and saw Him face-to-face hated Him so much that they crucified Him and mocked Him. Even one of Jesus' disciples rejected and betrayed Jesus. What makes you think you're better than Him? “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own. But because you are not of the world, since I chose you out of the world, the world therefore hates you. (John 15:18-19)

>>17131319
>Do I get to quote other religious books too? Oh, that's right, only yours is valid.
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth. (John 4:24)

I first believed in Jesus Christ and accepted Him as my personal Saviour. Then He began to tell me to read His Word cover-to-cover. Everybody has a decision to make. If you decide to humble yourself as a child and accept Jesus into your life, that will be a new beginning for you
>>
File: 1462593362130.jpg (162 KB, 746x528) Image search: [Google]
1462593362130.jpg
162 KB, 746x528
go die. your all cancer.
>>
>>17131358
>Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Yeah, we don't need this, thanks. The world is already a scary place and we don't need you people to make it worse. Here's a piece of advice: religion should be based on love and understanding not dividing us further.

I'm out, we can't have a rational argument with you and you'll simply keep quoting the bible.
>>
>>17131302
The bible usually. There's an end to all this, and when it's over many, if not most, of us will have moved on to something else.
>>
File: angel-key.jpg (40 KB, 585x556) Image search: [Google]
angel-key.jpg
40 KB, 585x556
>>17131391
>religion should be based on love and understanding not dividing us further
God is love. If everybody accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour instead of serving other gods including themselves, then we would have peace on Earth. Unfortunately, that is not the case and if you read the Book of Revelation, you will know that even after Jesus reigns for a thousand years on Earth, mankind will still rebel against God until the final battle of Armageddon

Lovers deserve to be with each other, if you love God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit), then we will have a party in Heaven for all the time there is time. If you love the devil and his ways, then you deserve to be with the devil. It hurts God to see one soul to be lost, but it is your decision to make

Get in the Spirit and Seek God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit). God so loved this world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life. It is never too late while you're still alive, don't push off this critical decision tomorrow, not even later today, but RIGHT NOW. Give your life over to Jesus, forgive those who have hurt you, confess your sins, read the Bible cover-to-cover, and pray, pray, and pray

>>17131405
Nowhere in the Bible does it say this. Hell is a very real place made for the devil and his angels. I am here to warn you, but the decision is up to you if you want to receive or reject the free gift of salvation. My job is to simply tell you the message, it's your job to accept it or not. Remember, eternity is a very, very, VERY long time
>>
File: banner-04.jpg.jpg (48 KB, 2060x341) Image search: [Google]
banner-04.jpg.jpg
48 KB, 2060x341
>>17131382
Okay
https://www.youtube.com/user/miamiufo
>>
>>17131409
We've all made it through eternity before. I'm sure we can do it again. Just take solace in the fact that you were chosen to move on to better things. Maybe we'll meet up after another eternity.
>>
File: sad frog.jpg (18 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
sad frog.jpg
18 KB, 396x385
I wish I was Christian. It seems so comfy.

But knowing history, I can't ever take it truly serious
>>
File: knock.jpg (10 KB, 236x344) Image search: [Google]
knock.jpg
10 KB, 236x344
>>17131442
Remember that God loves you and His seeking you is in a sense waiting with open arms. Seek the Truth and you will find it
>>
File: knife.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
knife.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
INCREDIBLE - Hooded Man Pulled Knife in Church and STOPPED BY GOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EioDWOE6R1w
>>
File: cross.jpg (101 KB, 1100x810) Image search: [Google]
cross.jpg
101 KB, 1100x810
Dear Father Lord God Almightty,

I come this moment before Your Throne

Where Grace & Mercy,

Faithfulness & Trustworthiness;

Goodness & Greatness,

Power, Might, Glory, Majesty, Happiness & Forgiveness are all in abundance, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth!!!
Father Lord, I thank You for Who You are; and for What You are!!

Your Lovingkindness that is constant; for You loved the world so much that You gave Your only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I thank for Your Mercy that endureth forever; and Your Mercy is from everlasting to everlasting to them that fear You!

Your Righteousness is unto children’s children!

Your Compassion is always so overwhelming upon us!
Glory, Honour, Praise, Worship and Thanksgiving be unto You my Holy Father; be unto Jesus Christ of Nazareth and the Holy Spirit from this time forth and even forevermore, Amen
>>
File: kneel-before-the-cross.jpg (660 KB, 2133x1420) Image search: [Google]
kneel-before-the-cross.jpg
660 KB, 2133x1420
>>17131486
Look upon us all my Heavenly Father with Your Mercy and Compassion which endure forever. We know that You love all of us, irrespective of who or what we are; as Your Word declares that “You are longsuffering; You are not willing for any of us to perish, but to come to Repentence! Thank You, Lord for this kind of Love that You have for all of us.
Father Lord God Almighty,

We humble ourselves in Your sight, and You shall lift us up, as Your Word declares.

We draw nigh to You; and You shall draw nigh to us, just as Your Word declares.

And we draw nigh to You with our hearts; and not with our lips.
Father Lord, forgive us of all our sins; iniquities & transgressions that we have intentionally and even foolishly committed before Your eyes, and against You and the Heavens! We beseech Thee Father Lord God Almighty to never blot out our names from the Lamb’s Book of Life!

You are well aware of our weaknesses; shortcomings; pitfalls and even our unfaithfulness!

Besides, Your Mercy endureth forever!!!

However, we are well aware of Your Word that says, “If we confess our sins, You are faithful and just to forgive us our sins; and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”!
I say all of this in the Mighty Name, that is above every name; the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH, to which every knee of the things in Heaven; of the things on earth and of the things under the earth should bow!!!
AMEM & AMEN!!!
>>
File: sad vincent.jpg (212 KB, 1256x1611) Image search: [Google]
sad vincent.jpg
212 KB, 1256x1611
>>17131451
I wish. Honestly, I do.
I've studied Christian history.
I know all the major ecumenical councils.

I understand the dogma.

But, I see all the other parts. Does the word of God need to have so many dissidents? So many heresies?

Why was the Arrian Heresy so bad?
It's such a human distinction.

I want to believe. I'm ready to believe.
But I've seen the world, I've seen the history.

The Christian God seems like a little corner in the vast theological mindset of Man.
How can the One Creator be such a small aspect of History?
Why did He only become prevalent ~1500 years ago?
Shouldn't He be always there?
>>
>>17131352
I like the guy! He's just not some sort of tear it down type like the media portrays him.

He's emphasizing the parts of the Church which coincide with the modern moment.
>>
Guys, I'm a Catholic myself, but quoting the bible and saying repent and be accepted into heaven is not helping anybody's case here. If ya wanna convert people, give them what they want, a foundation for believing. Besides, this is /adv, if you wanted to spread your faith, do it in /his. I'm sure little people here came to scroll through a misplaced post.
>>
>>17131521
No one in /his/ can be cahtholic if they know Roman history
>>
File: teaching.jpg (58 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
teaching.jpg
58 KB, 700x350
>>17131498
I'm not a theologian nor a historian, but I can testify that the ways of God are straight, direct, and to-the-point

You ask very deep questions, I encourage you to pray to Jesus about the deep questions you have. One of the primary ways Jesus speaks to me is through His Word, what comes to my mind is the book of the Chronicles (1st and 2nd) in the Old Testament https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Chronicles+1

He will never confuse you, if you accept Him with an open and listening heart. It took me to humble myself as like a child. I was on the brink, on the edge, I was a man with nothing to lose. Either I could have ended myself, but God made a way like He always does and I chose to follow Him: As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, throwing a net into the sea, for they were fishermen. And He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” They immediately left their nets and followed Him. (Matthew 4:18-20)

>>17131521
>...but quoting the bible and saying repent and be accepted into heaven is not helping anybody's case here
Says who? Have you not read what Jesus said in the Bible not to hide the things of light, but to shine them to glorify our Father in Heaven?

>If ya wanna convert people, give them what they want
I'm not here to convert anybody, I'm here to tell them the message. It's their job to accept it or not

>Besides, this is /adv, if you wanted to spread your faith, do it in /his. I'm sure little people here came to scroll through a misplaced post.
Then He said to them, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” (Mark 4:9)
>>
>>17131498
It is the nature of man to be fractious, quarrelsome, and fearful. It is the nature of God to be patient. Guy's got millennia to plan and execute those plans.

Nobody knows why the universe is set up the way it is. But if we're supposing there is a God, there must be some kind of rationale for the approach. Consider that over half the planet worships an Abrahamic deity, and the biggest chunk of that is Christian. Seems pretty effective, if we're assuming a light touch and a population which can exercise free will.

Arianism is more than a human distinction. It's a question of fundamental belief. Jesus was claiming to be God, and there isn't much reason to listen to him if you don't believe that. If you don't believe he is God, one wonders what value you could find in his Gospel. Without that, it's just a huge pile of lies.

He claimed to be God when he claimed power to forgive sins, and when he claimed to be lord of the Sabbath. He demonstrated power over nature and over death. He openly told the religious authorities that he was the Son of Man. He claimed that every nation would worship him, and that his dominion over the earth was divine.

Or perhaps you're an Arian. In that case, strike all that. Perhaps there's value in the Gospel without that piece. I don't see it, but I won't presume to speak for Arians.
>>
>>17131521
I'm the(/a?) guy Catholicposting; I'm not OP. I've yet to quote the bible, although I did refer to the CCC. I dunno what OP is.
>>
>>17131542
>>17131544
I want to believe. I really do.
To think that there is a God above who loves us all. That's a truly beautiful thought. Every action we do, no matter how ugly, is ultimately wonderful in His eyes.
Because we're all just a child.
Even if children make a mistake, you can love them as they make it.
It's so beautiful from above.

I want to believe that. I'd be the most fervent of believers.

But the history is too loud. Look at St. Ambrose. Or even St. Constantine.
They're all political opportunists.
And they're the reason why Christianity is at all a popular religion.

You can say that God willed it so. But why would He choose such immoral men as His vehicle?

Let's be true.
I was born an atheist. My parents were Christians at birth, but as they grew they lost faith.
I never read the Bible until I was an adult.

I look at Christianity and I see people struggling for meaning. Like me.

They see a father figure looking down on them.
Someone to say "Your choices are right".
I want that to be true.
I love Christian mythology.

But I can't see it as being how the universe works.
>>
>>17131542
Sorry I came off aggressive. Spreading the faith is among top priority in the church because we all should go to heaven in accordance with God's plan. I'm just a little peeved because no one seems to be truly helping the atheists on this thread with understanding Christianity as a whole and the fact that angry catholic hating Protestants still are taken into too much of an account in their mindset. Y'all are doin an amazing job in strengthening one another, but what I want is for the atheists to be taught from us, not just the scriptures, although that's where we learn many of our teachings. They should be taught by the great Christians we are and not by the non-sentient book (but living Word) we abide by (but not exclusively, that's sola scriptura).
>>
You Christians are by far the least moral and sneakiest people I've ever seen. You go where no one wants you just to plaster your tl;dr scriptures everywhere. Of course you come to /adv/ to preach so you can take advantage of people in grief or under stress as people are more open to suggestion when they're vulnerable. You dodge questions about faith and say it's all God's plan. You choose to trade in free will and critical thinking just for rich priests to read the same book over and over and do the thinking for you. As an added bonus you get to hand part of your income to the church to make their wallets fatter! Look at the Vatican City, I'm sure with their gold buildings and elaborate paintings and treasures they still desperately need your donations. You all cause more harm than good trying to prevent abortions and forbid birth control so there's more unwanted children in the world to exploit for your religion.

You all like cherry-picking flowery-sounding bits and verses that still fit in with modern times from the Bible for your convenience and leave out the other stuff like murder, slavery, and misogyny. Why people still choose to use this book as a moral compass eludes me. It's more baffling introducing the Bible to children when it has the same content that would get books and TV shows censored or banned. Of course you're closed-minded and refuse any other viewpoint because you want your religion to take control. There was no room for coexisting in the first place.

Just fuck off already, no one needs this bullshit.
>>
>>17130952
This shit is why we got loonies like Trump and Cruz trying to run for President and ruining this nation.
>>
>>17131588
>But why would He choose such immoral men as His vehicle?

No such thing as a perfect man. Even less so in the case of great men. We can choose sin, so sin is in every corner of the earth. It is part and parcel of creation.

Anyway, I don't have a magic combination of words to change your mind. I had a religious experience when I was young and haven't had much doubt since. At first I shrugged it off as a coincidence, but that's seemed less reasonable as things have added up over time.

I certainly don't have someone looking down and telling me my choices were right. For me, it's not about being happy, or about feeling warm and fuzzy. It's about being in the world, but not of it. It's about being more than myself, about being better than I was before. It's about overcoming the weakness of the flesh. I find that gratifying.
>>
>>17131650
>I had a religious experience when I was young and haven't had much doubt since
This was probably the best response you could have told me.
If you tried to rationalize it, I would have tried to fight it.
But you gave a personal reason.
And that I cannot fight.

I envy you for your belief.
To think that God is watching over me and loves me.
It'd feel so good.

But I'm a young man.
I see my father changing as he ages. He never used to believe, but now? Maybe he does.

God bless you Anon. I may not believe all the way, but I do think you're doing God's work. I don't know how much that is worth to St. Peter, but I hope it's something.
>>
File: image.jpg (331 KB, 1274x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331 KB, 1274x1000
This is good advice. But am I missing something? Is /adv/ secretly a /christ/ board?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 600x190) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 600x190
>>17131636
Why so hostile?
>>
>>17131680
Because religion is a plague to society and has no place in the modern world. It only started by exploiting ignorant people who didn't know how rain worked, now we know better. Too many poor people are exploited for their wealth to line the pockets of priests and clergy just to hear false hope. Wars have been waged throughout history over religions. People have been killed over it. It has split families apart where parents can't accept their children have different beliefs. It has divided friends and family because the religious can't accept others for who they are. We have these nutjobs in government trying to force their beliefs on the population such as preventing quality health care to women. Religion relies on a closed-off environment to grow, why else did the amount of non-believers rise after the advent of the internet and information age? People are starting to wise up from the age-long con.

So yes, religion can go fuck right off.
>>
File: red-sea.jpg (248 KB, 598x680) Image search: [Google]
red-sea.jpg
248 KB, 598x680
>>17131588
>But I can't see it as being how the universe works.
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.
- Isaiah 55:8-9

>>17131592
Very well, I forgive you and I hope you will accept my apology

>>17131636
>You Christians are by far the least moral and sneakiest people I've ever seen
You know, the irony is I've visited Muslim countries and Muslims I've met were very friendly, much friendlier than many "christians" I have come across from my home country. I visited one of the great mosques in the Middle East, they were so friendly and nice, I was shocked

Anyways, I know you're frustrated by the "non-answers," but I am simply here to tell you that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Jesus is the answer. Jesus said in the Bible, if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14). Even Pharaoh saw the great plagues God unleashed on Egypt to let go of His first-born people -- Israel -- and yet Pharaoh's heart was hardened that he even chased Moses and the Israelites to his own death. If you're unwilling to become like a child and seek the Kingdom of God, then that is your decision I'm afraid, all the answers are in Christ Jesus and the Bible if you're willing to read it with an open heart

Feel free to ask anything, I'll do my best to answer them but it's better if you directly go to Jesus and ask Him yourself. He is real you know...
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 800x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 800x257
>>17131701
Okay, poor people are not obliged to give more than is convenient for one. Secondly, catholics aren't the only christians on the planet. Thirdly, the fact that wars have been waged over it is irrelevant considering wars have been waged over the smallest freaking things (and when wars were waged for religion it was generally by muslims jihadists, and others who fought to oppose them). Four, people have killed each other historically for very stupid reasons (look at the french revolution's aftermath).

Finally, I acknowledge all the points against christianity and raise this one. Look at all the christian charities and devotion to serving mankind and tell me they are a plague to society. What do you do?
>>
>>17131710
I read a passage in Milton's Paradise Lost where God said that if Man failed, and if He foresaw it, he did not influence it.
What I'm getting at it is if God foresaw it, why didn't He change His craft when He created us?

Why didn't He change Lucifer's?

There is so much in life that is Evil and ugly.
Why does not God change it?
Why did God allow us to create such hatred and violence?

If we are created in His image and we are capable of such ugliness, isn't He capable of that same violence?
>>
i wanna believe honestly, but i can't put my faith in something i don't believe in. i didn't even think about being an athesist until someone asked me if i believed or not when i was 10. now it feels like a weird intrusion going to churches and other events
>>
File: scroll.jpg (176 KB, 924x1386) Image search: [Google]
scroll.jpg
176 KB, 924x1386
>>17131701
>Because religion is a plague to society and has no place in the modern world. It only started by exploiting ignorant people who didn't know how rain worked, now we know better. Too many poor people are exploited for their wealth to line the pockets of priests and clergy just to hear false hope. Wars have been waged throughout history over religions. People have been killed over it.
First of all, I'm not a religious person. There may be misguided religious people in this thread, but God's Word does not come back void. Even if they're misled, God is still using them for His divine purpose. Don't listen to people that say, don't listen to him or don't read that. Jesus says in the Bible, So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it (Isaiah 55:11). Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life

In the beginning, everybody knew God. It was mankind's decision to disobey Him. Adam disobeyed God and was kicked out of the Garden. When God rejected Cain's half-hearted sacrifice, the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your countenance fallen? If you do well, shall you not be accepted? But if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. It desires to dominate you, but you must rule over it" (Genesis 4:6-7). Unfortunately, we all know what Cain ended up choosing

I can go on. For example, how the Jews twisted the Scriptures through man's traditions and man's ways, they allowed the religious spirit to infect and twist the true Word of God so they ended up killing Jesus Christ. It has always been like that, and mankind will continue to rebel. Just as people who saw Jesus face-to-face during His time hated Him and killed Him, it will be the same way after Jesus' millennium kingdom, when mankind will rebel yet again for the final battle of Armageddon

The question isn't whether God is real or not, but where your heart is
>>
>>17131710
>Feel free to ask anything, I'll do my best to answer them but it's better if you directly go to Jesus and ask Him yourself.

Not that anon, but:

I seriously don't get this type of thinking. It's a bullshit non-answer to make the person think that they're just not trying hard enough, praying hard enough, or humbling themselves before the Lord. You don't know this person, what they've been through or what they believe.
>>
>>17131716
Most churches only set aside small percentages of money for charity and soup kitchens while the rest go to line staff pockets and events to proselytizing young impressionable children and adults. Many missionaries that go to help poor people in poverty-stricken countries require people to convert before receiving aid.

If you truly want to help people, you don't need to use Jesus or Christianity as a reason, just help them as you would any decent person. Making people receive some imaginary man before helping them is deceptive and sneaky.
>>
>>17131724
>If we are created in His image and we are capable of such ugliness, isn't He capable of that same violence?
Of course. That's why he's jealous, malevolent and spiteful. He is, after all, constructed after a few gods that came before him, one in particular being a god of war. That's why he commits heinous acts in the bible.
>>
>>17131677
>>17131636
>>17131588

4chan has about 5ish incredible devoted/new converts who post a great deal combined with the cultrual christianity that seeps in from this being an predominatly US website.

This is the poster who just posts on adv with those good news pics. His posts are mainly just low substance platitudes backed up with heavy use of bible quotes.

Unless you already accept or consciously have decided you "will" accept Protestant Christianity or a very light Apostolic Christianity then you probably wont get any advice from this thread that you couldnt get out of a fortune cookie.

If you want theology and justification of claims you will have to go to /his/ or /lit/ however there currently isnt any well regular read protestants there so it will have an apostolic flair to it.

This poster is good at what he does but honestly dont go posting expecting anything else
>>
>>17131528
bullshit
>>
>>17131732
> not a religious person
> start spouting verses and scripture
> capitalizing He and constantly mentioning God

Yeah, ok.
>>
>>17131739
Average clergyman makes like $15k-50k/year. That's not crazy money. Most donations go towards offering religious services to the donors, so it's hardly just theft.

Also, denying reality w.r.t. religious charity does not make religious charity go away. It's an enormous help to the needy.
>>
>>17131636
>>17131701
Is this pasta? What kind of faggot takes the time to write this shit out?
>>
>>17131751
>religion and belief in God are the same thing
Yeah, ok
>>
File: look.jpg (67 KB, 724x450) Image search: [Google]
look.jpg
67 KB, 724x450
>>17131724
>What I'm getting at it is if God foresaw it, why didn't He change His craft when He created us?
I don't know. I ask the same exact questions. Why did Lucifer choose to rebel against God and take a third of the angels with him from the third heaven to the second heaven? All I know is we all have a decision to make, either we choose the God of Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob or we choose the devil

>>17131727
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the men of old obtained a good report. By faith we understand that the universe was framed by the word of God, so that things that are seen were not made out of things which are visible. (Hebrews 11:1-3)

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb+11

>>17131735
>I seriously don't get this type of thinking. It's a bullshit non-answer to make the person think that they're just not trying hard enough, praying hard enough, or humbling themselves before the Lord. You don't know this person, what they've been through or what they believe.
You're right, I don't know. All I do is point them to Jesus and it's their decision to accept or reject Jesus

When Jesus was alive, there were some people who accepted by FAITH that Jesus was the Son of the Living God, and they were healed due to their report. There were also some who didn't believe and rejected Him and chose not to be healed. There were people alive that saw Jesus face-to-face, yet they still rejected Him. Some were so offended that they ended up killing Him. They treated the same way to God's prophets, what makes you think it's any different now?

I can show you that God is indeed alive and He is speaking through His prophets. There are many false prophets. But there are also true prophets. If you really saw what God had to say, it would make you so angry that you will want to hurt the prophets God is speaking through. Pray to Jesus and ask Him into your life, seek the Truth and the Truth shall set you free
>>
>>17131748
So only post in this thread if you're dumb enough to accept unfounded superstition and blind faith in nothing. Gotcha.

>>17131754
I'm not denying the ones that actually help, that's why I didn't say all of them were like that.

>>17131755
> wah I don't have a good rebuttal because thinking is hard so I'll resort to insults and shame to get the heathen out

>>17131760
Christianity is not a special snowflake, it's a religion among the countless other religions throughout history. A belief in god means by definition you're religious.
>>
>>17131761
>Why did Lucifer choose to rebel against God and take a third of the angels with him from the third heaven to the second heaven?
Milton says that Lucifer was jealous of Jesus.
Since Jesus was Man and Angels were created before Man, then why wasn't an Angel chosen to be the Son of God?
Lucifer was envious and he convinced his lover Beelzebub (according to Milton) to rebel against God along with the Angels under their command.

But that's hierarchical bullshit. Like God has definitive steps of ruling the Universe.

What I question is that if Man can create goodness among his fellow Man, and he can also create evil among his fellow man, what purpose has God in our lives?
>>
>>17131776
>A belief in god means by definition you're religious.
It by definition does not you uneducated faggot
>>
why does jesus hate me?

all I want in life is a gf to love and protect, but it's impossible to get one.
>>
Is there a branch of Christianity that doesn't condemn gays? I like Christianity as a whole but telling consenting adults that they are going to hell for loving another consenting adult seems like the opposite of "love thy neighbor". It's bullshit. Also not to keen on the "women shouldn't teach, only listen" thing. Really?
>>
>>17131787
Jesus was pretty ambiguous about that type of thing.
He said unto his followers that God is Love and that they should forget all the times in the Old Testament where God was a wrathful dickhead.

But when asked by the serious doctrine types, he said "Yeah, that shit is legit".

Pretty much, the "Stone the Gay" things were in the Old Testament.
And Jesus was both "Ignore that shit" and "Follow that shit".

If you follow Big J's ultimate message, he'd probably mean to accept gays.
Yeah, they may be destined to Hell, but if they're good people, are they any different from other sinners?
Gay people may have a fundamental sin, but if the rest of us have regular sins, are we different?

Probably not.
Good people who are gay will be welcomed by Heaven.
>>
>>17131785
> Simple Definition ofreligious
> 1:of or relating to religion
> 2:believing in a god or a group of gods and following the rules of a religion

Right, keep on believing that then, you uneducated faggot.
>>
File: storm-life.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
storm-life.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>17131784
>What I question is that if Man can create goodness among his fellow Man, and he can also create evil among his fellow man
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7)

>...what purpose has God in our lives?
To glorify Him

>But that's hierarchical bullshit. Like God has definitive steps of ruling the Universe.
Well, you can ask God yourself how everything is made and structured because you're not going to get any more insight from me, because I'm God's creation as much as you are. Sinful, but covered by the Blood of Jesus. Heaven is a very, very vast place from what I hear. If you were to see and experience Heaven for even a single microsecond, it would change your life on this Earth forever

This is just one man's NDE account, but perhaps this can shed some more light on your question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqJECcP04Ls
>>
>>17131787
They all have to condemn gays according to their beliefs. It's funny how Christianity is split up into many sects because everyone can't all agree on how the true Christianity is. How convenient that what God likes and hates is based on what they like and hate.
>>
>>17131806
> You have to ask god because I don't know the answer even though I can ask god too and find out!
>>
File: crucifx.jpg (72 KB, 1404x1123) Image search: [Google]
crucifx.jpg
72 KB, 1404x1123
>>17131787
>Is there a branch of Christianity that doesn't condemn gays?
There is only one true God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit). Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

Jesus is against sin. You know homosexuality is sin, I know, you know, God knows that you know. But if you choose to reject what is Good, then God will give you over to your lusts so you will think it is good. Then you can go live with the devil for all days there are days

God is not a bigot. For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16). This applies to all sinners: liars, fornicators, homosexuals, revilers, etc. If you accept this free gift of salvation, the precious blood of Jesus Christ, and turn away from your sins and turn to GOD, then you will enter the Kingdom of Heaven
>>
File: seeds.jpg (7 KB, 400x182) Image search: [Google]
seeds.jpg
7 KB, 400x182
>>17131811
You can ask other men. You can ask religious people, but you're not going to get any closer. In fact, they may lead you the wrong way. Remember what Jesus said in the Bible, the blind leading the blind, they both fall into the _______

Get in the Spirit and seek God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit). Humble yourself, repent of your sins, read the Bible cover-to-cover. Faith without works is dead, if you had any faith, why are you seeking other men instead of God who created this entire Universe?

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God
>>
File: even-so-come.jpg (121 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
even-so-come.jpg
121 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZEgzgt6_I
>>
>>17131304
fucking spit everywhre
>>
>>17131382
LOL
>>
File: bible.png (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bible.png
57 KB, 300x300
>>17131748
>His posts are mainly just low substance platitudes backed up with heavy use of bible quotes
All the answers are in the Bible, my friend. All I do is point people to Jesus, and He will answer all your questions and doubts. Anyways, thank you for the compliment
>>
>>17131815
>>17131823
Do you people ever read the stuff you say and not realize how delusional and cult-like it sounds? Check back with the modern world once you can speak like a normal human being.
>>
File: well.jpg (23 KB, 560x316) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
23 KB, 560x316
>>17131786
>all I want in life is a gf to love and protect, but it's impossible to get one.
I was in a similar situation as yours. Remember, seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be given to you (Matthew 6:33). Cry out to Jesus, doesn't He say in the Bible that our Father in Heaven will give us the things that we need. He clothes the lilies in the field and He feeds the sparrows, won't He treat you even moreso especially given you are His child?

>>17131855
>Do you people ever read the stuff you say and not realize how delusional and cult-like it sounds? Check back with the modern world once you can speak like a normal human being.
Maybe you're the one that's delusional? Maybe this world is so far removed from God, that anything Holy or Good is so alien and strange to them? Yet, how is it that God raises up a few of His saints to still go and preach the gospel?

I understand you may think I am weird, but at least I hope what you glean is that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. You are free to accept Him into your life anytime while God still gives you time on this Earth to live. Remember, things will only get worse from here on out. For you Christians out there, especially the lukewarm, it will become harder and harder to hide behind your label. You will either be on fire for Jesus or you will become like the world
>>
>>17130952
EXCUSE ME SIR, GREAT ALLAH IS THE ONE TRUE GOD. I FIND IT OFFENSIVE TO FIND THIS THREAD HERE TO LEAD MEN ASTRAY FROM THE TRUE ISLAM. THOSE MEN INTERESTED IN FINDING TRUE SPIRITUALITY SHOULD LOOK TO ISLAM AND FIND SUPPORT IN ALLAH. HE WILL BE WITH YOU ALWAYS AND HELP YOU FIND PEACE. I PRAY FOR ALL YOU NON-BELIEVERS TO COME TO US.

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATUH.
>>
File: tn_1200_32E.jpg.jpg (56 KB, 714x600) Image search: [Google]
tn_1200_32E.jpg.jpg
56 KB, 714x600
>>17131878
You can believe anything you want. You can pray to anything or anybody. You can pray to idols. You can pray to demons. However, they won't be able to do anything for you

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). Read about Jesus in the four gospels. Perhaps you will like what you hear and you will decide to give your life over to Jesus Christ who is the perfect lamb slain for our sins. Cover yourself in His Blood and your sins will be washed away
>>
>>17131849
>All the answers are in the Bible, my friend.

In the same way that the answer to all mathematical problems are are in the symbols from 0-9.

>Anyways, thank you for the compliment

The post wasnt aimed at you but the people who come here seeking answers only to be met with disappointment and who respond with hostility towards yourself and the faith.

If you genuinely want to help people be honest and open in your OP about where you stand and what you know.

Should you do this it will cut down on the hostility and allow for freer protestant discussion which is something that is rare on other boards.

Do you see where Im coming from here?
>>
>>17131878
fucking kek'd
>>
File: joshua_project.png (112 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
joshua_project.png
112 KB, 400x400
>>17131890
No, I don't. But you're interested in helping lead others to Jesus, then feel free to help out and pray!
>>
>>17131906
What part do you not understand?
>>
What advice are you even after, OP?

You seem to have nothing to do here but to spread your delusions to people clearly not at all here to give you any advice. Why not just come out and say this is /religion/ generals and the janitors can be done with you.
>>
>>17131815
Putting homosexuals in the same category as adulterers, drubkards and theives is insulting. Adulterers, drunkards and thieves are actively harming themselves and other people . Gays are just trying to live their lives.
>>
>>17131887
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LEAD ME ASTRAY FROM THE TRUE WORD OF GREAT ALLAH. I KNOW IN MY HEART WHO IS MY TRUE LEADER AND GREAT FATHER WITH NO EQUAL.

ALLAH SAYS IN THE HOLY QURAN CHAPTER 13 SURAH RAAD VERSE 16:

16 SAY: "WHO IS THE LORD AND SUSTAINER OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH?" SAY: "IT IS ALLAH." SAY: "DO YE THEN TAKE (FOR WORSHIP) PROTECTORS OTHER THAN HIM SUCH AS HAVE NO POWER EITHER FOR GOOD OR FOR HARM TO THEMSELVES?" SAY: "ARE THE BLIND EQUAL WITH THOSE WHO SEE? OR THE DEPTHS OF DARKNESS EQUAL WITH LIGHT? OR DO THEY ASSIGN TO ALLAH PARTNERS WHO HAVE CREATED AS HE HAS CREATED SO THAT THE CREATION SEEMED TO THEM SIMILAR?" SAY: "ALLAH IS THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS. HE IS THE ONE THE SUPREME AND IRRESISTIBLE."

ACCEPT ALLAH AS YOUR TRUE CREATOR AND HE WILL SHOW THE WAY.
>>
File: 1.png (589 KB, 1361x705) Image search: [Google]
1.png
589 KB, 1361x705
>>17131929
>>17131906

Yeah? Tell me more.

[spoiler]OP needs stronger bait.[/spoiler]
>>
>>17131925
See
>>17131748

Given the nature of his rhetoric I get the sense its more about evangelizing which for the OP would geniunley be considered the best form of advice even if its not /adv/ material.
>>
File: praise-storm.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
praise-storm.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBj9NLPa2cs
>>
>>17131949
CERTAINLY BROTHER. I AM PLEASED YOU WISH TO SEEK ALLAH IN HIS EVERLASTING GLORY. YOU MUST ACCEPT ALLAH AS THE ONE TRUE GOD, THERE IS NO EQUAL THAT CAN STAND UP TO HIS HOLINESS.

ALLAH SAYS IN THE HOLY QURAN CHAPTER 6 SURAH ANAAM VERSE 1:

1PRAISE BE TO ALLAHWHO CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTHAND MADE THE DARKNESS AND THE LIGHT.YET THOSE WHO REJECT FAITH HOLD (OTHERS) AS EQUAL WITH THEIR GUARDIAN-LORD.

ALLAH SAYS IN THE HOLY QURAN CHAPTER 6 SURAH ANAAM VERSE 102:

102THAT IS ALLAH YOUR LORD!THERE IS NO GOD BUT HE!THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS: THEN WORSHIP YE HIM: AND HE HATH POWER TO DISPOSE OF ALL AFFAIRS.

ANDAS FORTHOSE WHO STRIVE IN OUR PATH — WE WILL SURELY GUIDE THEM IN OUR WAYS. AND INDEED, ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE OF SERVICE TO OTHERS. (QURAN 29:70)

INDEED, ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE RIGHTEOUS AND THOSE WHO DO GOOD. (QURAN 16:129)

ACCEPT NO ONE WILLING TO FOLLOW ALLAH.

AS TO THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE, I WILL PUNISH THEM WITH A SEVERE TORMENT IN THIS WORLD AND IN THE HEREAFTER, AND THEY WILL HAVE NO HELPERS. (QURAN 3:56)

MASHA'ALLAH. YOU ARE SMART AND WISE, ALLAH WILL LOVE YOU AND SHOW YOU THE WAY TO HAPPINESS.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.