[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I'm Transferring to Suny New Paltz in fall and preety much its a chance to start fresh.

Most of high and the first year of college i've been mostly a loner. You know, that kid with long hair that who is perceived as really smart but doesn't talk to more than two people.

I want college to be different. I want to loosen up and have a social life but i don't know how.

I'm done with the whole \M/etalhead who hates everybody, I just wanna meet people.

How to approach people to hang out without being weird and needy or just following along?

I'm not too weird but i find it hard to socialize with bros and super liberals. the way they act seems so try hard and makes me cringe .

How to be social? How be social in college dorm setting? Also whats better, Suite or corridor?
>>
Upstate New York?

I grew up around Monticello. My sister went to school in Poughkeepsie.

I myself was a lonely loser in growing up in upstate New York. Where you transferring from?. I'm assuming from further up north, not sure why the fuck you'd go up there from the city.

Anywayz, judge people because just like everywhere there are people who will do you wrong and fuck you over. Be OK knowing you're ok by yourself. Doesn't mean you HALF to want to tell everyone to fuck off. Just don't feel like you NEED to go be cool with everyone that comes your way. You're going to get people to think you're their pal and shit that you just can't shake off. Be yourself but more accepting. Don't change to meet what others want to hang out with. I'll start with that.
>>
>>17130777
suny newpaultz kids are all hippies in my experience, so good luck with that. when you get there join one of the clubs for strange fucks like fencing, or dnd. what is your major?
>>
Easiest way is to form study groups and go from there. You can also do clubs but they were always a bit harder. Just remember, there's a lot of shitty people to wade through. So even if you don't become friends with a person, it doesn't mean you'll be friendless forever. Also practice smiling
>>
>>17130815
I've got pretty long hair so I guess I'll fit in looks wise,
>>
>>17130806
nah I'm from the forgotten borough. Pretty cut off from rest of city. Almost everybody here tries to act hard. They're all mosty rich wigger Italians or ghetto blacks. Also i go to shitty college.

I don't want to change myself its more like I want to be more social. like when I try socializing with people I always cringe at a lot of their bullshit. I guess I just suppress what I want to say. I guess i need more courage to be myself.
>>
>>17130822
Thanks. Why are clubs harder?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.