[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making money of twitch/jewtube? Anyone doing this or done this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image_24.jpg (22 KB, 236x330) Image search: [Google]
image_24.jpg
22 KB, 236x330
Making money of twitch/jewtube?

Anyone doing this or done this before have any experience, is money made from this worth the investment
>>
Don't.
Become a scientist or something, the world has enough glorified autists.
>>
>>17130196
Making it big on youtube has smaller odds than professional sports. I have a shit job and I still make in a day what a small.time youtube guy makes in a week.
>>
>>17130196
It's not worth it just to make money. I don't know about twitch, but YT pays shit unless you pump out a whole lot of content with a lot of time on it. They pay based off views and promote based off minutes viewed (hence why pewdiepie and other let's players are so succsessful: they can pump out tons of content with little effort and rake in tons of views.)

Unless you want to half-ass some content, in which case you'll be hated by the community and probably never even make that much, the only reason to start doing YouTube or Twitch is of you actually want to produce stuff and don't mind getting very little in return.
>>
It depends on if you are wanting your personality on youtube to reflect your own or one that more closely resembles something your target audience would cling to the most.

Also, the investment is quite small. Gaming compooper, headset, cam and you are started. But it really will depend on how you market/act the show.
>>
>>17130207
I am starting university this year. I don't plan on becoming a meme gamer, just something that may give a return on a relatively small investment which really wouldn't have any sunk costs
>>
>>17130368
The only way to make money FAST on Twitch is to be one of the girls that shows their breasts in every stream, otherwise you'll have to work for it.
>>
>>17130196
You either have to be insanely funny or skilled at your game of choice in order to pull in an audience at all. Most of the best streamers are both.

It's definitely not going to be easy to succeed financially, but if you want to stream just for fun, then it'll be worth your meager returns.

I'm not a streamer, but a friend of mine has been doing it for over a year, and people mostly just tune in to make fun of him or fuck with his playlist. He only had (has?) one dedicated fan, and it was this one weird guy from eastern Europe who wouldn't stop asking my friend to send him shit in the mail
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.