[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bachelor thesis done in 10 days....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 277x182
...and unfortunately I'm not as far as i ought to be.

I spend a lot of time reading and thinking about how to structure the assignment etc. but I just can't get to do the writing.

Any advice on how to get started?
>>
>>17129859

go write the first paragraph now. even if its shit. then go from there.
>>
>>17129859
thank god my uni doesn't have a thesis for undergrads. Where do you go btw?
>>
>>17129859
Get off 4chan for starters.

But since you're here, let me share how I'm also terribly easily distracted and also having a hard time getting motivated...

If it helps, find some nice music to help you concentrate. Some may prefer silence instead, which may be easier to "aquire". In any case, don't waste too much time finding some. Not too catchy and no lyrics to sing along to. Tron legacy OST has done me well lately, but that's my taste.
Then try and turn off your sources of distraction. Internet, cellphone, etc.. If you know you spend too much time on it, turn it off.

The overall goal may be overwhelming, so break your goal into "bite-sized" pieces. Make a list of things you'll need to complete, and cross them off every time you've completed them.

Now the important part. Just write.
The primary source of all writers block is the sensation of being overwhelmed by too much stuff that you have to do. Doing it hard and furious you'd rather not do it at all.
Instead, try doing it slowly... Or badly. Do it comically bad.
The irony is that you actually write something instead of nothing. And you can always correct and improve what you've already written. So just do it badly, at least if it helps you start.

Once you're in "the flow" you'll find your work self-motivating. And then don't stop. Finish whatever part you're working on. Remember, having unfinished work is more fatiguing than finishing it.
>>
>>17129859
What I do is make an outline with each bullet point being a main topic to address. Then under that list all the paragraphs for that topic you will have. Then for each of those list any quotes or sources you will use.

Then make a really rough draft of each paragraph using the outline as a guide. It's important to have something written, no matter how shitty. It is 10x easier to polish something than to do it from scratch.
>>
>>17129897
Mine doesn't have a "thesis" per se, but the final course in our program requires a 15-20 page research paper. Might as well be a thesis desu senpai.

Not OP, btw.
>>
>>17130209
Yeah, that's what mine had. Wasn't so bad honestly. It was a fun course. Last day we handed in our papers and went to a local Mexican food place. Professor bought us each a beer and got us a bunch of chips and salsa.
>>
Write something that's wrong, then go back and clarify it.
>>
https://youtu.be/5Y79-t7-j4M

follow based zizek's method op

I just turned in my senior thesis earlier this month so I feel for ya. Once you get started it won't be as bad as you think it is. Good Luck Anon
>>
>>17129859
Back in college I would just get high before all my papers. Then when I was sober I would go back and fix all the grammer mistakes and make it flow a bit better. Some take adderall
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.