[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OP Guy from "GF is sad"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1462890244758.jpg (104 KB, 1242x479) Image search: [Google]
1462890244758.jpg
104 KB, 1242x479
Basically something happened at work to my GF which she will not tell me and has stopped talking to me completely. My last text from her was pic related. I want to say this, but I need to know if it is the right move:

""Okay I get that you want some space and you want me to respect and I'm going to do that but you need to respect that I'm sitting here in the dark not even knowing what is even going on. I have no idea what even happened, so I'm stuck feeling anxious and worried as all sorts of things go through my head and it's not fair on me to be constantly worried about you in fear that something horrible or unspeakable happened to you.

You don't want to talk about it, and I'm not going to pressure you into it. If any of this comes out as if I am, that's not what I'm meaning. I'm just going to say that you need to understand that this hurts me too. I care about you too much to be able to just put it in the back of my mind and wait some unknown amount of time"

Should I send this?
>>
The message is good. Now edit it to shorter sentences and get to the point. It's pretty "wall of text" atm
>>
>>17129565
just say literally this

>OK, I can respect that. I hope you are feeling better soon.

I'm a relationship expert of sorts.
>>
>>17129565
>women
Imagine a world where they'd just tell you how it is instead of being cryptic with everything they say and mean.

Just write back with "Okay, I'm here when you're ready." or you can be a fagboi and go to her house with flowers and shit and comfort and talk to her. Or both, visit her and just chill with her[watch a movie or something] and tell her she can talk to you when she's ready.

Just do the above. If this isn't the first time and she regularly does this, dump her. You don't want an oversensitive drama queen that overthinks everything, believe me, you don't.
>>
Try not to use "but" when empathizing with people. It makes them feel like you've just change your mind on what you said immediately before or didn't mean it. Use and or omit it altogether. Try something like this, changed to sound natural coming from you:

"Okay, I get that you want some space and I respect that and I want you to understand where I'm coming from, I don't know what's going on, or have any idea of what happened, so I feel anxious and worried that something horrible or unspeakable happened to you. You don't want to talk about it, and I'm not going to pressure you into it. I just want you to know that I love you, and I won't be able to put this concern out of my mind."
>>
>>17129574
lol what

There is "needing space" and there is leaving your partner in the dark bumping around in terrible thoughts.

her just saying "this happened" would be the mature and not bitchy thing to do.
>>
>>17129599
it could mean anything stop overanalyzing this shit. Some people just need space every now and then and I expect my partner to respect that.
>>
>>17129607
>my partner to respect that.
If you think it's totally ok to stress out your partner for no fucking reason at all because you can't be bothered to send them 1 fucking sentence you are a massive bitch.
>>
A massive bitch indeed no offence
>>
>>17129565
Dude, move on. What a bitch, how does she expect you to trust her if she's doing shady shit like this?
>>
"Ok. I'm worried, but I love you. I'm here when you need me."

Done.

Your original post comes off as smothering and wall of texty as fuck.
>>
>>17129635
/thread
>>
>>17129635
Send that shit. It is really fucking bitchy leaving you in the dark.
>>
Give the bitch what she wants and wip it out
>>
>>17129657
nigga do you even know what bitchy means? Not telling you anything isn't bitchy, it's poor communication. This is getting me more riled up than it should, but you need to stop blowing shit out of proportion
>>
>>17129635

You're assuming everyone has all their shit sorted together enough to actually compose a concrete sentence at all times.

People are more complex than that.

This ain't hivemind, people need their own time and space to work through shit on their own some times.

She even thanked him and politely asked him to give her space to figure it out.

You sound triggered as all hell (I'm not even the anon you replied to btw).
>>
*starts breakdancing*
>>
>>17129664
>it's poor communication.
No, it's not poo communication. It's NO communication.
>>17129665
>You sound triggered as all hell
You sound like a fucking retard.
>>
>>17129674
>No, it's not poo communication. It's NO communication.

>Acknowledgement of efforts
>Thanked for trying
>Explained they needed space
>Promised to talk when they're ready
>Admitted they don't know when that time frame is
>Politely reaffirmed their need and formally asked for space

Sounds like communication to me.
>>
Send a dick pic and get some dignity
>>
>>17129685
>"I don't know when that'll be"
She hardly promised to talk she said she would at some point, doesn't mean that it'll actually happen
>>
>>17129674
Forgot to take your meds today?
>>
I don't see why you're justifying this person being so dramatic, or why anyone would
They want space? Give them space. In fact never talk to them again
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.