[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two options
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-05-10-21-48-23.jpg (202 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-10-21-48-23.jpg
202 KB, 360x640
Need advice on a situation that I'm in.
My parents are fighting, I live with them because its cheaper etc.
Yesterday my father went off on me about not showing respect, which he is correct. I understand where hes coming from and have said Ill work on it. The reason why I dont show respect is because everything out of his mouth is toxic, hes in a permanent shit mood and when people talk to me like im shit I shut off. I really cant think of anything positive or nice that hes said to me in the last 5 years. Its like he uses up all his happy with people at work/others and comes home to be miserable.

He went off on me and told me that my mother is close to kicking me out among other hurtful things . She overheard and screamed at him that he cant speak for her because shes never once said that etc. That im not a problem at all and she doesnt know where this is coming from.
She said she wants to sell everything and they go their separate ways because no body is happy here.
This is my fault, she seems very sure that this is happening, shes looking at houses to move out in and whenever theyve talked today its been her saying shes selling stuff etc.
>>
Yesterday afternoon before the fight he went to get her a birthday present that I told him she said she wanted but she said it was too expensive. It is a blown glass pelican that she absolutely loved when she saw in the shop.
He called me over tonight out of earshot of mum and told me where he put it and to give it to her tomorrow while hes not there.
I feel that this is something that would make my mother rethink leaving him because it shows that he cares (sounds materialistic but i really do think its him showing he cares).

I'm torn between giving it to her right on midnight tonight (in a few hours) in a hopes to defuse the situation and change my mothers mind so tomorrow when he comes home it isnt horrible.
Or waiting until he finishes work tomorrow and have him give it to her, which I dont know if he even will at this point. Hes told me to do it instead of him.

Which option would you choose if you were in my position?
>>
>>17128953
Seems like you should move out (how old are you?)
I mean you don't want to be the reason they break up??
If they still fight alot and break up it is like it is.
Also don't be around people who treat you like shit. This is prob the reason why your dad acts like an ass when he's home from work
>>
>>17128956
Sorry don't know all about that you should have a man to man talk with your dad about it. Maybe it shows him you love and respect your senpai
>>
>>17128970
Im working on moving out, ive tried that before and it didnt end well but im trying to organize it so its better this time.
But the advice im asking for is in the last paragraph : should i give her the gift at midnight so best case everything is better tomorrow
Or should i wait and have him give her the gift, which he wants me to not him, but him do it so its more personal and might help his case?
>>
>>17128977
I already spoke to him and we're on the same page about me trying harder with respect and such.
He already told me to give mum the gift while hes at work
>>
>>17128984
Yes I've noticed sorry to fast xp but you should talk with your dad about it what you think of it. Because if he's gona do it it would be better for him. Maybe he gives you moar inside of his pov of this situation. Good luck
>>
>>17128992
I wont have a chance to. Its 10pm and hes asleep. I either give her it while hes at work or asleep, or i wait and make him do it
>>
Just do it then
>>
>>17128999
Give it to her?
>>
Plan to move out, seriously.

Your own life will start the second you do.
>>
>>17129010
Im aware. Im asking about a different issue
>>
Are you guys srsly expected to move out at 18 and have money for everything?

I mean where i live you stay with your parents at least until you finish college and get a job and its normal to be like 21 or even 25 and to live at home
>>
>>17129056
Im 20, all of my friends who are older then me moved out around 22ish.

Also bump
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.