[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it shallow to completely write off a girl as a dating prospect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: tHgQe84.jpg (66 KB, 750x937) Image search: [Google]
tHgQe84.jpg
66 KB, 750x937
Is it shallow to completely write off a girl as a dating prospect based only off her looks?

I'm not expecting a fucking 10/10 fitness model or anything, but if a girl doesn't have a look that I go 'wow' for, she won't make it past FWB with me. I don't care if she's the perfect match personality wise, for me having a nice appearance is a base requirement.

But I mean a base requirement, I mean 'base'. If a girl makes me go 'wow' cause of her looks, but she's a complete bitch, has 0 in common with me or whatever, I'd happily bang her but that would be about it.

I'm currently single, and have had success with intelligent and good looking women (to me at least) in the past, so it's not like I'm being delusional.... I think.

Is this entitlement or just having healthy standards?
>>
You should be attracted to the person you plan on spending your life with.
>>
>>17127624

I say healthy standards, anon. I'm right there with you. I tried convincing myself I could love a girl who treated me really well and was just "cute," and I found out it wasn't me at all. She was boring and I didn't want to have sex with her.

It's callous, but it's also just true... find someone who makes the wind blow in and the angels sing when you get into a relationship. Yes, looks fade, but you'll know that the passion was there and you'll grow old and ugly together, as opposed to them just... always being ugly.
>>
I don't see there being anything wrong with your standards. There's literature out there that describes sexual attraction (as in, you are sexually attracted to their physical appearance), as an important tenet of relationships.Other women might be appealing to you in other facets, like personality, but if you find yourself to be so unbending on appearance then that's that. It's generally pretty good to be picky/cognizant of what you want in a relationship.
>>
>>17127624

>Is it shallow to completely write off a girl as a dating prospect based only off her looks?

Its perfectly fine to not be attracted to someone. The problem arises when you take the /r9k/ red-pill fuckhead approach and start making your standards an unreachable perfection.

You seem to be alright though but if I were you I'd put more of an emphasis on a good personality match. A pretty face is alright but if there's no brain in there she's gonna get old to be around real quick.

As long as you don't get extreme about it, which it doesn't seem like you are, its fine not to be attracted to someone for reasons others may find shallow or entitled. I have a type, we all do. One man's 10/10 is another man's 1/10.

There's no quantifying it, so just follow what you're attracted to and don't worry about the rest.
>>
>>17127624
I used to think I needed to be with a stunner, but I realized it was just social pressure. I like girls anywhere from skinny to kinda chubby. One of my favorite girls was kinda chubby and had an overbite. I was able to get aroused around her pretty easily.

Sometimes I will feel attracted to a girl, but I find myself holding back/shutting it down because I feel pressured to date somebody 'better looking' or whatever. It's funny because when I'm around a woman who I can see any redeeming physical/personal quality in, it at least gets me thinking about her. Once I'm really in the mood, I'd be down for a wide range of women. I haven't had a proper girlfriend in years but that's because I'm far more picky about personality and compatibility than I am about looks.

Date who you want, ignore the rest, but make sure you're dating who you really want. Don't give a fuck what others think, don't worry if you think your friends will laugh at you or be dicks about it if you find a girl you really do like that doesn't meet your physical standard.
>>
>>17127624
>>17127628
>>17127634

"If a young man could imagine a face perhaps 20 years older, he might pass through life entirely undisturbed by love." -Nietzsche.

Based op. Keep on doing you.
>>
>>17127641
>Its perfectly fine to not be attracted to someone. The problem arises when you take the /r9k/ red-pill fuckhead approach and start making your standards an unreachable perfection.

By your argument, practically all women are r9k.
>>
Yeah, it's totally shallow but whatever, you're attracted to whatever you're attracted to. Personaility can override looks but that's something you can figure out in a matter of seconds
>>
>>17128020
But they are lol
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.