[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have friend who really likes one of my other friends >Today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 6teen_Intertitle.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
6teen_Intertitle.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>Have friend who really likes one of my other friends
>Today she tells me "He's hanging out with another girl right now and it's making me feel really panicked and is making me doubt everything"
>I say "You're probably just overthinking things, he seems to really like you"
>"omg I'm tired of always being told I'm overthinking things, can't I have doubts about things without being told I'm wrong"
>"Well i don't know what you want me to tell you, you literally take every little thing as a sign that he's not into you"
>"You know, it would be nice if you would actually talk to me instead of dismissing everything I say as paranoid bullshit"

Was a being insensitive?
>>
>>17126082
All girls want is constant validation, not help, not advice. Their egos are too massive to actually take any advice anyway.

Either be like "awww, why cant he just axe u out :O", and play the role of emotional tampon, or stop being friends with chicks.
>>
>>17126160
She actually has pretty bad social anxiety. I guess that explains why she sees everything as a sign that he's not into her.

I guess it isn't her fault she overthinks everything, but goddamn it doesn't make it any less stressful
>>
>>17126166
>She actually has pretty bad social anxiety.
Sounds to me like she just has a bad case of being a teenage girl.

I actually have social anxiety (severe, treatment-resistant, therapy and most medications don't help) and I'm not an idiot. I know anxious feelings are irrational, and I don't expect anyone to humor them. It's unhealthy for both of us.

This behavior absolutely is her fault.
Don't blame character flaws on mental illness, it's an insult to the rest of us.
>>
>>17126082
I don't get it. Why does she want to worry instead of being calmed down to look at the factual view of the situation??
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.