[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depressiond and stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Penguins.jpg (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760 KB, 1024x768
We (depressed people and shit) have all felt it at least once.

The fucking bottom.
Some nights, some days, sometimes.

I am not here to tell my life story or whatever, but can you tell me, when you feel like absolute shit, what do you do.

No bullshit, just, when, right now, it's the worst. What is your little thing to get past this feeling. To let time go until it goes bearable again?

Let us share our little spark.
>>
>>17125792
I have the perfect cure for this, works ever time.

>not being depressed

Try it, shit's cash.
>>
Escapism, usually. Works like meditation in that it takes you away from toxic thinking for a while, and puts you in a better state of mind when you return to said thoughts. The only caveat being that this can lead to too much escapism. If you're in this vicious cycle seek professional help and medication right away.

Dark Souls 3 makes for a good distraction. Maybe pick up a copy of Game of Thrones, or watch some shitty videos on the youtube, like Howard Stern TV.
>>
>>17125792
Usually if I have a particularly bad bout of anxiety or w/e, I just try my best to take responsibility for whatever happened and think about how whatever's causing me grief won't change who I am.

For example, right now I'm really stressed out about a term paper that I have due on Wednesday. I'm probably not going to do well on it, because I haven't done shit yet, so I probably won't end up doing well in the class. I've been an A student for my entire life, and it feels really shitty to have that taken from me, because that's a huge part of my identity.

Herein lies the problem: nothing was taken from me. I've earned the crappy grade that I'm probably going to get on this paper, because my decisions are what led me to my current predicament. It feels better to know that you're in control, even if you went full retard, because at least then you can start adopting a mindset that'll be more productive going forward. You'll be more concerned with correctly controlling your own behavior rather than worrying about how others will react to your behavior.

That said, even if taking the class was a total loss, my identity will still be pretty much intact. The only things that I give a shit about in this life are my hobbies and My People. None of my friends or family members (My People) are going to suddenly start thinking less of me because I did a shitty job on one paper (or every paper) in college, because I'm a lot more than just a student. Doing badly in school in general won't be enough to keep me from pursuing my hobbies and new relationships if that's what I want to do.

If you're depressed because of an illness or something that's out of your control, then this obviously isn't going to apply to you. If that's the case, however, you should just try and find comfort in the fact that whatever happened to you was completely out of your control. Think about how you can move forward rather than dwelling on what you might've lost/could potentially lose.
>>
>>17125792

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NfeTavdiY8
>>
Smoke weed
>>
>>17126134
That may really make the situation worse. Escapism is no wholesome cure by a longshot
>>
1) meditation: no hippy shit here, just empty your mind and think of NOTHING. You don't have to assume a butterfly sitting position with your fingers pinched like some faggot, just sit up straight, and focus on your breath for 5 minutes.

2) write a list/journal: put everything on your mind on paper. Put everything you want to change about yourself or improve on paper. What this does is separates your emotions from the things you have to do.

3) I call this the "feeling like shit nuke": take a cold shower. Tell me how successfully you can think about negative things while you have the shock of cold blasting you. When you step out you will feel so fresh and calm. Not to mention there are actual studies that cold showers benefit those with depression.

Just listed some things that help me! Let me know what you think and share anything that helps you.
>>
>>17126171
I'd also like to touch on how negative I feel towards antidepressants and other meds. Don't treat depression as something permanent, people have beaten it. I never had major depression, but I've overcome some VERY shitty moments of my life.

Not only CAN you beat it, but you WILL beat it. I recommend slowly killing your relationship with meds if you're taking any.
>>
>>17125792
Sometimes I fantasize about suicide, go over the plans, imagine every little step in detail, every little feeling. I'll never do it but at least I can dream.
Wish I had something better to dream about but after a while you just lose everything. Nothing helps anymore, not vidya or TV, nothing.
Rest is the only thing I want. So fucking tired.

>>17126199
Heh. Maybe you'll change your mind about medication if you ever need any.
>>
>>17126340
Depends what meds you're speaking of. I was referring to antidepressants
>>
Throw a tantrum. Scream and yell and curse and kick and cry if you feel like it. Anything to get some release of emotion.
>>
>>17127365
This is the only thing that helps me consistently. Well, that and a good fap.
>>
>>17125792
When I feel the worst, I have few things.

- Look back at everything I lived and surpassed through here. I'm not here to tell my story either and I'm sure there are a lot of persons with shittier lives than me, but it doesn't mean I didn't surpass whatever life brought me. I survived until here, and I know I've been through worse, and I know I've already felt like this before but managed to get out of this state. I survived until here and I'm not killing myself tonight !

- Generally it boost me a bit. As I feel like that in the middle of the night more often, I take a positive decision like "I shouldn't be up so late anyway ! Let's listen to music and go to sleep". You deserve a better life quality.

- I eat. Don't eat at the point it become a disorder or something, I'm all the opposed of a fat people. But I like cooking so I cook something nice, take my time to eat it and strike up with something positive again. Even the smallest thing.

Depression is the worst, I've been through it and things are getting slightly better. I know how the absolute zero feels, tried to kill myself several times in the past. But depression is a disorder, and it won't fix alone. The harder is to try by yourself and shake yourself, it's really hard to think positive but the smallest thing can make a difference.

That's what I usually do.
Sorry if I wrote too much, I'm really proud of me for getting better lately and I feel like no one should be experiencing this now.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.