[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got out of my first break up and haven't fully moved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: fMoMPqR.jpg (53 KB, 1024x1728) Image search: [Google]
fMoMPqR.jpg
53 KB, 1024x1728
Just got out of my first break up and haven't fully moved on, posted a thread about it yesterday and it seemed like a few people took interest. I am past the hardest part after 2 weeks. If anyone is going through anything similar and wants to know how I came to terms and what steps I have taken to find myself I am an open book. Helping others makes me feel great so if you have any questions or want any advice ask away.
>>
What would you say are the best things you can do to preoccupy yourself. So you don't end up thinking about them
>>
>>17125766
I was with a girl for almost 7 years. She was my first love, lost my virginity to her, lots of firsts with her. It honestly took me a few years to really get over her. In the meantime I kept myself busy, joined a common interest religious activity once a week, made new friends, met some really decent people.

Don't get me wrong, I'd had trouble eating, sleeping for almost a year. It was one of the crappiest periods for me, although I've had other ones. Just the feeling of a part of you being ripped away takes time to recover.
>>
File: hN.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hN.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
Why did Disney let a creepy virgin kill han solo?
>>
>>17126426
Keep in mind that thinking about them doesnt make you needy or obsessed. As far as not wanting to think about them you need to get to the point where you don't feel bad about just letting them go altogether. Even if you want them to remain in your life or get back together with them that relationship is over and anything going forward will be new. Just let go of it all and keep in mind that they think about you just as much. If you have enough restraint to not check up on them either through communication or their online profiles that's great, otherwise block them or don't use the social media sites that you will see them on.

>>17126451
Mine was about two years, same as you first everything. I am going to reinclude her in my life once I am fully recovered just because the reason for us ending is pretty easy to remedy, but letting go of what we had is part of that process. Most difficult thing is trying not to think about what may happen in the future. I am in a state where I don't dwell in sorrow, and I don't get the urge to contact her at all so I am pretty proud of that. Just going to keep my mind elsewhere for the most part until I can comfortably be friends with her again.
>>
>>17126470
>Why did Disney let a creepy virgin kill han solo?
Because Han Solo is George Lucas's original vision for his fanbase, while Kylo Ren is what the fanbase has become (at least as Disney and Abrams see it).
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.