[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you train yourself to develop feelings for someone? There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tay.jpg (53 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
tay.jpg
53 KB, 960x960
Can you train yourself to develop feelings for someone?

There's this girl I've been talking to for a few weeks.
> she's pretty cutesy 7/10 brunette short
> went to the same highschool but never crossed paths
>people have told me for a while that she's always been into me
> didn't take it serious because we never met
> figured that she wouldn't seem bad to date was never against the idea
> but we never really knew each other until recently
> she heard i broke up with my girlfriend and invited me out with her
> we've been on 2 dates and we've been skyping and stuff
> we share common interests talk to her about cosplay, drugs,comics,the paranormal etc
> she works 5 days a week long hours so i can't expect much contact from her until on the weekends
> we don't really have much time to talk
I'm concerned that since we don't have much time together that i won't develop feelings for her.
Mind you i've only known her for two weeks, but i'm just afraid that it won't work out and i'll end up not having feelings.

Should I have caught feelings by now?
I think that even if I didn't end up liking her she seems like the best thing for me.
Don't wanna end up stuck in a 10 month relationship with someone i don't have feelings for...
What do i do?
Should I just wait it out ?
Am I just over thinking?
>>
>>17125147

sounds to me like you are over thinking. wait it out until a serious step comes up. in this instance its when she says 'anon are you my boyfriend' or something similar. until then you are just getting to know each other. yes shes into you and you are aware and she might feel betrayed, but you are not a bad person for not immediately committing to someone you are just starting to get to know.

if you arent really itno her already id guess you wont be. generally distance makes the heart grow fonder.

>dont wanna end up stiuck in a 10 month relationship with someone i dont have feelings for...

i dont understand why you people think this way. you are never 'stuck' in a relationship unless you are sharing a house or have kids. in which case you're kind of stuck but obviously still have options.

you can leave anyone for any reason at any time. you can break up wiht her over text and literally never say another word to her again. you are never stuck. if you dont like where its going, drop out.

but agian, my advice, hang out while its convenient and fun. get out when anything serious happens or if someone who really strikes your spark comes along.

>i feel like even if i didnt end up liking her she seems like the best thing for me?

so? ive dated several chicks that seem like they should be perfect. everything from their looks to their personality meshed with mine in a way that was perfect for my life style. despite this i found myself ditching them for a not nearly as attractive, harder to understand, harder to meet up wtih brazilian chick because she was the one that made me feel passionate.

YOU are the best thing for you. you do not have to settle with someone just cuz they would be objectively the best you can get. its better to be single than it is to be married to someone you dont care for. its okay to cruise along and hang out and casually see people you arent really feeling the feels for, but take the exit routes
>>
>>17125166
but i feel like i can't just be into someone i've only known for two weeks
>>
>>17125179

cool, so maybe just read my post again cuz my advice IS applicable to waht you just said.
>>
OP must be like 11
>>
>>17125166
>if you arent really itno her already id guess you wont be. generally distance makes the heart grow fonder.
I mean yeah, sometimes i miss her and stuff but i know i don't have serious feelings for her
there is somewhat of a connection, but i'm afraid it won't be enough
>>
>>17125189

cool, but like i said, there is other advice within that post applicable to your situation.

you have conflicting feelings. you feel like two weeks isnt long enough to develop those feelings. but you also feel like you need those feelings for a relationsihp to work.

SO, like i said in the post, twice actually, JUST SEE HER CASUALLY. if you dont have any feelings for her by the time she tries to make it more serious / official, get out then.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.