[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is being short that much of a disadvantage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1whatthehell.jpg (22 KB, 517x312) Image search: [Google]
1whatthehell.jpg
22 KB, 517x312
Im 5'6-5'7..I have never been set back or anything because of my height..I see alot of short hate here..what is that all about?
>>
>>17124552
LOL MANLET Xd
>>
>>17124552
>Is being short that much of a disadvantage?
Some disadvantage is documented, but there is no evidence for the difference being major or insurmountable.

>>17124552
>I see alot of short hate here..what is that all about?
Most of it is just the bitter unfuckables seeking desperately to find something inherent and immutable about themselves to blame for their failures with women. Anything to avoid the idea that they could have prevwnted, or could change it even now.
>>
File: When will they learn.jpg (59 KB, 450x681) Image search: [Google]
When will they learn.jpg
59 KB, 450x681
>>17124552
>I see alot of short hate here..what is that all about?

Short answer is memes.

Long answer is some men who are short feel very insecure about it. Some celebrities like Robert Downey Jr. wear big platform type high heel shoes to appear taller, and one notorious Hollywood midget would make his ex-wife crouch if the paparazzi found them so he could maintain the illusion of appearing taller than her. Then there's shit like set photos of scenes where the male hero leans in to kiss the girl he's just saved, and he's standing on a box because otherwise she'd have to kneel down. Their insecurity about it and the lengths they go to to hide it is amusing, which popularised it from /fit/ shitting on each other for genetic dis/advantages, and then the manlets themselves jumped on the bandwagon because as >>17124566 says it gives them an excuse for why they're sad and lonely rather than it being their horrible personalities and general retardation.
>>
>>17124552
You are taller than Tom Cruise.
>>
>>17124552
It's guys bashing other guys because they're insecure and they're trying to make others feel as shit about themselves as they themselves do. Few women care about height to the degree that you've been led to believe they do
>>
>>17124552

i had literally never thought it was anything other than an occasional good natured ribbing until i discovered 4chan, and even then it wasnt until 2 years in that it became a popular subject. im 5'6" myself and never really had any problem dating. when i look back at it i do realize that mose of my gfs were shorter than me, but a few, even my current gf, happens to be taller.
>>
>>17124616

>hiding insecurities

in some cases yes, bu tin the case of a male actor standing on an apple box to lean down, thats generally not his insistence, that would mostly be the director. some actors may be grateful or even suggest it, but i could not name a single director that wouldn't use this technique.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.