[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General question for women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 03788_bnw_1920x1080.jpg (993 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
03788_bnw_1920x1080.jpg
993 KB, 1920x1080
What is stuff that always turns you off from guys?

Like, what's the shit that can annoy the hell outta you/even be a deal breaker
>>
When a guy keeps texting you about stuff and never stops even if you're busy, so you get a spam of messages when you check your fucking phone
>>
>>17123537
Many, many things.

Mentally:
>no sense of humour
>no common knowledge or obsessive knowledge about just one or two subjects
>can't explain why he believes something
>scared of speaking his mind, not able to have an argument
>way more stupid than me
>shitty taste in stuff (even if less important)

Personality wise
>loud
>dramatic and overly emotive
>insecure
>gets offended easily
>secretive, passive aggressive, etc.
>clingy, overly affectionate
>>
>>17123591
>No sense of humour
I can get my gf to laugh a lot in person but in text (until we go to uni how we talk a lot because of distance) It's hard. Does that matter?
>>
>>17123619
Nah, for me it is not. I just want conversation to be light and funny. I don't exactly expect to laugh out loud for a text.
>>
>>17123637
She legit says stuff I find funny when we text is "weird" and only finds it funny like 1/5 times. It's pretty light unless something urgent and important needs to be talked about
>>
Dealbreaker:
Not being Chad sexy stud
>>
>>17123644
How can u not be a chad in [the current year]
>>
>>17123650
I feel so sorry for the non-Chad guys.
>>
>>17123559
To each their own. I like my men clingy but I'm clingy too so it works
>>
>>17123537
I'd rather ask, what is a fail-safe bullet-proof turn on?

Humor?
Confidence?
Hot/Cute?
Power/Money?

(rank from highest to lowest)
>>
>>17123591
I don't think I've ever met a man with all these traits
>>
>>17123714
Go for that then!

I'm just curious overall about anything involving turn-ons/turnoffs
>>
>>17123741
Errr... I'm a male asking.
Any female feedback?
>>
femanon here

turnoffs:

-emotionally distant
-low intelligence
-bad taste
-overly depressive, like to the point of self harm
-one-dimensional personality/shallow
-exaggerating or lying
-unfaithful

turn ons
+romantics
+similar or good taste in media
+intellect
+charisma/humor

looks/money only marginally matter if you can compensate with personality just don't be buttugly
>>
>>17123537
Too many things to count, can be applied to females too, but personally these I have experienced more from males:
>messaging you constantly when you are clearly not interested
>having overly greasy hair
>bad case of body odor
>bad case of stinky beer/onion mouth
>disgusting looking facial hair
>patches of sweat anywhere
>strawberry tier acne
>saying shit like "oh makeup, nailcare, and hair removal is for girls or is gay" when they look like fucking bigfoot
>interrupting you when you are clearly in the middle of telling something
>being an aggressive, violent and/or obnoxious drunk, most likely to be alcoholic
>blaming being socially inept on his "introvertedness" bullshit
>peeing in public
>"it's not such a BIG deal," "cmon just RELAX," "it's just a joke"
>engaging in contests to see who is the edgiest sack of shit
>making lewd gestures in public
>if they cosplay and don't wear makeup
>having mommy issues
>keep tagging you in things that you're not interested in
>making unnecessary bullshit comments
>bragging about sleeping with people or having sex in public
>touching you without permission
>constantly not inviting you to things because "bros only"
>constantly liking which events you are going to
>complaining that all their exes were "crazy bitches"
>if he mistreats his siblings or parents for no reason at all
>being a lazy slob about his room and doesn't do anything about it
>shitty sense of humor
>would escape his problems and ignore rather than dealing with them
>when they constantly pose anime titties and ass on their facebook
>when they post pictures of asian girls they want to fuck when they look like actual shit in comparison
>having generic taste in music/anime/games and then bragging about their shit taste
>makes no attempt in improving the shittier parts of himself
>checking out girls in public and not keeping it to themselves

>>17123714
Confidence>Hot/Cute>Humor>Power/Money
>>
>>17123650

>How can u not be a chad in [the current year]

Because Chads don't exist. Chad is a 4chan meme propagated by frustrated basement dwelling anons meant to embody the well adjusted, attractive, active, social men they'll never be.

Its the male equivalent to the "Barbie" for females.
>>
>>17123761

>>17123760 here, your list pretty much articulates what i think much better. complaining about the exes is a HUGE turn off, as well as saying "you're not like other girls! you're not like DEM CRAZY BITCHES"

boys who listen to midwest emo and brag about their taste are the worst

also complaining about how girls wear makeup and how it's "false advertising" or whatever. also the yellow fever and objectification of an entire race.
>>
>>17123761
>constantly not inviting you to things because "bros only"
How self absorbed are you that this is a problem?
>>
>>17123761

big list ... can't process

I'm sticking with confidence (I'll have to fake it though)
And haircut and a shower. Just for you babe!
>>
File: 12244421445.jpg (31 KB, 750x461) Image search: [Google]
12244421445.jpg
31 KB, 750x461
>>17123768
I swear I'm the only dude that likes makeup.

I mean as long as you don't look like the fucking loch ness monster under that shit a lipstick smear is the hottest thing.
>>
>>17123761
>>messaging you constantly when you are clearly not interested
then tell him youre not interested
>>having overly greasy hair
>>bad case of body odor
>>bad case of stinky beer/onion mouth
>>disgusting looking facial hair
yeah these are actual issues, but they can be fixed in a day or they can be the cause of a bad day

The rest sounds good, it's stupid that someone just looks like shit and then wonder why no one wants to talk to them.
>>
>>17123795
>How self absorbed are you that this is a problem?
Not that anon, but I've dealt with similar shit. It's not an issue if they want "bro time" unless that's all they actually do (and you never get to see them or go on couple adventures). In general, just making time for other people but not you.
>>
>>17123823
Yeah I don't get it either, makeup done well is pretty rad, shitty makeup sucks for sure but that's no reason to condemn the whole enterprise
>>
ya'll say messaging you constantly, what is constantly? like if i text a girl once and she waits hours, then when she replies, i text her once again, depending on what im doing, i might respond right back or wait a while, but then i text her again once. thats ok right?
>>
>>17123823
I like girls who look good without makeup because they'll look even better with it. Just as long as they dont overdo it and look like a clown. Although, recently my definition of "look like a clown" has become significantly broader.
>>
>>17123714
According to statistics alpha traits is the most important then second comes money.
>>
>>17123823
Moderate makeup please!
It's ok for movie and big events, but on a date, please keep it simple.
Just my 2cts. (not a deal-breaker, if she's hot, she's hot and I don't care)
>>
>>17123763
>Because Chads don't exist.

I disagree. He does exist. He's the guy who's attractive and has women going after him. I guess the typical guy the highschooler girls have a crush on. Usually he hangs in a crew of other Chads.
He exists, but I shouldn't hate him for being extroverted and successful and whatnot
>>
>>17123760
>-emotionally distant
elaborate on this? You're the only one that seems sensible itt
>>
>>17123845
Yup. Don't know why I keep asking. Strong confident male is #1.
Although this overlaps with money. Are there timid billionairs out there?
And I wouldn't discard humor/charisma as a very very close second.
>>
File: 1448927346825.jpg (39 KB, 647x500) Image search: [Google]
1448927346825.jpg
39 KB, 647x500
>>17123853
guys guys guys Chad is a concept you gotta move beyond, Chad is inside all of you, become the uberchad
>>
>>17123855
Not able to share emotions, thoughts or feelings at an intimate level.
>>
>>17123768
There's too many guys that do it, it's just really bothersome and only enforces that the main person in those relationships that has had problems is them.
Yikes bragging about emo music, that sounds awful. I've heard guys brag about bad indie bands and shit like lolicore or denpa music....awful..
Makeup for any gender is fine, as long as you don't have a spending problem. I don't see why so many guys are threatened when girls wear makeup lool. ngl, the yellow fever runs rampant, unfortunately with many people who share my interests...
>>17123795
It's ok if it's a couple of times, but if it's constantly, it gives me off another vibe, like they have problems interacting with girls.
>>17123816
Sorry! I just happened to remember a lot of shit that pissed me off lately.
No worries, I also have to work on my confidence, it's just that I can't stand insecure, stubborn males that blame everything on an external factor instead of improving themselves. Happened to run into a bunch of those.
>>17123823
It's the natural beauty is best beauty movement. Ironically given since a lot of "natural beauty" looks involve contouring and makeup.
>>17123835
I have outright said it and have brought it up.
>>17123839
Yes. This is the issue at hand, that's why I said constantly, as in they'd constantly rather hang out with others than me.
>>17123841
Everyone's definition of constantly is different, depending on if the person is more laid-back or more fast paced. Constantly within an hour to me means every 5 minutes or less. Constantly within a day means more than 2 hours. It can also mean more communication than you have expected out of the other person or more communication out of the undesired person in comparison to the desired person you want to have a conversation with.
>>17123855
not that anon but I agree with this. Emotionally distant to me means that the guy isn't in tune with his emotion or doesn't show that much remorse or compassion towards you.
>>
>Someone who can't/won't communicate (stubbornly defending their position just to defend it, will not argue and devolves to insults, someone who will not say if something is wrong and/or expects me to be psychic, etc.)
>Someone who always has something to prove and has to put people down or get into pointless fights.
>Someone who is pushy or who cannot understand a polite refusal.
>Someone who exhibits controlling or abusive behaviors

Physically, mostly just very bad teeth, or missing teeth. That's really the main thing. The more I like somebody the more attractive I find them, and the more I dislike somebody the more unattractive I find them, so there's not a lot of physical stuff that really turns me off.
>>
>>17123867
Makes sense.

>>17123868
Your definition is different. What do you mean "remorse"?
>>
>>17123768
I hear yellow fever thrown around the internet so much but never really got what people mean with it. I don't think just having a preference to looks is "objectifying an entire race"
>>
>>17123868
>Everyone's definition of constantly is different, depending on if the person is more laid-back or more fast paced. Constantly within an hour to me means every 5 minutes or less. Constantly within a day means more than 2 hours. It can also mean more communication than you have expected out of the other person or more communication out of the undesired person in comparison to the desired person you want to have a conversation with.
This

I know a girl I talk to every 4 days to a week but they're usually somewhat long talks, she doesn't likes talking much to ANYONE.

Then this girl I talk to daily and constantly every if not hour, minutes unless we're busy, sometimes I wonder if I'm annoying her but then she keeps sending messages and message.

Find the balance for each girl.
>>
>>17123873
By lack of remorse I mean that when he committed a wrongdoing, he doesn't feel guilty or regret it at all.
>>
>>17123894
Gotcha. Makes sense as well
>>
>>17123868
>too many guys

That is because you expect us to be the stronger gender in ever area including being emotinally stronger and if we open up your vigina will dry up like a hot desert.
>>
Kek reading through this thread and seeing women upset about traits I've also come across in women is hilarious.

A particularly good one is:

>overly sad and depressive

Either it's just me, but every single girl I've met has had some deep underlying issues where they're unhappy with their living conditions, their parents are too overbearing, and they generally just dont get along with too many people. It could be that I do attract these sort of girls but I have yet to meet someone in this day and age who is truly happy in the sense of the word.
>>
>Complaining about being texted

Well for me if I'm talking to a girl and her responses are "yeahh" "ok" and "cool", I usually give her another chance but she keeps persisting with that line of talk, even if we're the best of friends I'm outta there. It's bad enough that I made a fool out of myself by double texting.
>>
>>17123990
They are sad because they fell for the "free spirt" meme and many of them suffer from the "thousand cock stare."
>>
>>17124003
Double texting isn't that big of a deal
>>
>>17123591
Obsessive knowledge about one or two subjects? He can't have a passion? Anime, tv shows, and video games don't count btw
>>
>>17123990
It's like girls with daddy issues complaining about guys with mommy issues
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.