[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point in confessing to cheating? It always ends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: slide_357534_3953169_free.jpg (74 KB, 408x587) Image search: [Google]
slide_357534_3953169_free.jpg
74 KB, 408x587
What's the point in confessing to cheating?
It always ends in a break-up, if not straight away then later down the line.

If you want the relationship to keep going, shouldn't you just nut up and accept the guilt of what you did? I suppose you could say 'I respect her/him too much to not tell her', but literally what does that solve?
>>
In ends a break up because you fucked up. It doesn't end because you told them. The point isn't in accepting the guilt. It's absolving your guilt, because you fucked up. Just because you cheat on someone, doesn't mean that you don't care for them, what it should mean is; you owe them the truth of what you've done.

If you've cheated on someone and upset about the impending breakup, simply follow the steps laid out below.

1. Acquire a tree log, preferably oak.
2. Sit on the log.
3.Admit to the act of cheating.
4.Jam the log deep inside of your rectum, naturally causing internal bleeding.
5. Hope that the selfless act of oaky anal play has inspired your significant other to forgive you and your selfish actions.

Or you could just sack up and admit your mistake you fucking idiot.
>>
>>17122595
This is what I don't get.
By telling them the cheater is not 'absolved', it still happened, only now both parties are hurt and are broken up. Surely living with the guilt is the punishment, because it only hurts the one who made the mistake.

Nothing good comes of the confession, and it seems like not telling would benefit both parties.
>>
>>17122713
Your life doesn't end with your relationship. Besides, why would it be so horrible if it ended? Is your initial question loaded in the sense that both parties loved and will continue to love each other, there are no too big problems in the relationship and it was all just an honest mistake?
>>
>>17122572
You think only of yourself and don't even realize it.

The point of telling your partner is because they deserve to know. They deserve to know they are currently with someone unfaithful so that they can have the autonomy and the choice to either stay or leave. They deserve to option to be able to find someone else who isn't unfaithful to them.

By not telling them, you are lying to them, deceiving them, and trapping them. That itself is even worse than the infidelity.
>>
>>17122761
This. Exactly this.
>>
>>17122572
what if you've exposed them to a disease?
>>
>>17122713

The other party is only hurt if they choose to be, and they have every right to be. You withholding information from them just shows that you know the relationship was damaged by your actions but you refuse to accept the consequences of them.

You want to have your cake and eat it too at the expense of your partner. That's the simplest of it. Accepting the guilt doesn't absolve you of anything. You're not a better person for "protecting" them from what you've done. You're seeking to preserve the relationship for your own reasons.
>>
The guilt will eat you alive. I was a cheater and I decided not to say anything until later, which ended up in a huge clusterfuck of emotions.

Eventually you begin to have a crisis about who you are, and life, and if you're being judged.

It depends on your basis on religion I guess. For me it was quite the awakening.

I don't believe it when they say, "Once a cheater, always a cheater." Everyone deserves to be forgiven, especially if they were young or not in the right frame of mind to realize they weren't mature enough for a relationship in the first place.

If someone manages to cheat and live a lie for their whole life then they are some serious sick fucks in my opinion.
>>
>>17122713
Assuming the person actually feels guilty about it though. Your assuming that everyone cares about the other person that they cheated on. A lot of ppl just dont give a shit even though they do love the other person. A contradiction i know but it is true.
>>
Some people are intuitive and *know* that the cheater is lying, so by telling them you're just opening up and telling them the truth of the matter instead of lying and digging a deeper hole.
>>
>>17122572
>If you want the relationship to keep going,
You don't. You have already proven it. Best to make the break-up as quick and clean as possible.
>>
>>17122572
Because the person deserves to know? Jesus fucking feminists.
>>
>>17123143
>I don't believe it when they say, "Once a cheater, always a cheater." Everyone deserves to be forgiven,

Cheater detected.
>>
>>17122572

You could, if you're a coward.
Who in their right mind would want to be in a relationship based on a lie?

It's really a matter of keeping your genitals firmly within the confinements of your pants. If you're unable to- but your partner is, you frankly don't deserve to be with them. It's a matter of mutual trust and commitment.
>>
>>17122761
/thread
>>
>>17122572
>If you want the relationship to keep going, you shouldn't have cheated.
FTFY
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.