[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I rejected a guy after hanging out with him three times. He thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
I rejected a guy after hanging out with him three times. He thought I wanted a relationship, I just thought he was cool and wanted to be friends. T

He will not stop asking me why I rejected him. He wants me to explain every little reason of why I wasn't attracted to him. It is frustrating, annoying, and I wish he would stop, especially when he couples these questions with flirting and compliments. How do I get him to stop, politely? I'm running out of patience with him.
>>
Block him.
>>
I dont know but I'm on the flip side of your situation right now.

I went out with this girl 3 times. The last time we went out was a month ago.

Only difference is we went out on dates and have had physical contact.

And I actually thought it might be headed to a relationship.

She still talks and cuts up with me, but won't tell me what exactly is going on.

So my suggestion to you is just be honest with him. Even if it hurts.

Because this girl drives me crazy and I wish she would just tell me whats up.
>>
>>17120259
Sorry to hear that, anon!

My problem is that I AM honest, I answer his questions frankly, but he just thinks up more and more details that he wants me to explain. It's a bit exhausting explaining to him the emotional logistics of why I didn't find him good to date.

And he does this super annoying thing of pretending that I was interested in him, when I never was. He bumped into my father when we were hanging out, now he says that seemed planned. Is this normal rejected guy behavior? Because I am getting a bit upset now.
>>
Dear OP
Don't do what >>17120259 says
I used to be the same until I realized it was only some bullshit way of not being able to deal with it

It won't stop any time soon, no matter what answers you give him
He's trying to rationalize it, or somehow proving a horribly biased idea he has about what happened

As you've already noticed, it's not gonna end too soon. He just comes up with new crap

It's because some of us can't deal very well with simple polite rejection. Others shouldn't have to deal with our weak bullshit insecurities; you've tried enough as it is from what I understand
>>
Just kinda say what you just said.

"Im trying to be frank and honest with you, but trying to explain everything you come up with is getting exhausting. Im really sorry that you misunderstood what I wanted, and wish you the best"

or something
>>
>>17120295
>>17120295
>>17120295
Just did this, and it feels so good. He literally started listing just down the line, without waiting for an answer. "too tall? not attractive? was it the beard?"
I just.... argh! Never never do this if you are rejected. Very important.
>>
>>17120307
I told you to block him.
>>
>>17120311
You're very clever and wise!
>>
>>17120307
Theres no magical combination that makes someone attracted to another. Sometimes someone just doesnt feel right to you, and thats okay. Tell him he should stop focusing on trying to mold himself to fit another person (which never works, imo).
>>
>>17120250
You were wrong. The guy is not cool. He's a giant sperg who can't take no for an answer. The ejector seat is the only answer in a case like this, that and to remember not to answer even the first question if it ever happens again with some other guy. >>17120252 is right.
>>
>>17120307
Well done anon
>was it the beard
top fucking kek

>but so was it really the beard?
>>
>>17120250
You are both idiots, you for helping him validate the excuses in his head, and him for not just blocking you.
>>
Is there anything you can do for a guy like that? I mean, I feel so bad for him. He's getting pretty old, and no gf. It's annoying to deal with him, but I want him to be happy.
>>
>>17120367
Nope. Unless you want to give him a sympathy BJ.
>>
>>17120250

Tell him you're only into Hispanic guys.
>>
>>17120378
>>17120382
I told him to see a therapist to work out his problems with girls, so I think that falls halfway between the two.
>>
>>17120387
Now he will block you, unless he's a complete sperg.
>>
>>17120417
Let us hope for his sake.
>>
>>17120489
OP here. Nope. He relayed me what his therapist told him, and told me all about his past relationship experience, and why he is so confused about kissing... and so I blocked him instead.
>>
>>17120307
"Well honestly now it's the obsessiveness. Please stop messaging me"
>>
I think ghosting is rude as fuck but this is like the opposite of that and might be why people ghost. I know you blocked him but this is an interesting thread. I know people want answers but what's it matter really if they're not interested? I mean all this harassment after a few meetings, people who were married might be justified in wanting some answers but he wasn't even a bf.
>>
>>17120641
Yes, he started going on about how it is meaner to the guy for the woman to not give him a full explanation, than for the guy to respect that the woman doesn't want to explain her psychology in great detail. I kept repeating that explaining herself is not something ANY girl enjoys after a rejection, and he just kept saying "oh see I don't get that, because I...." and on and on.
Ugh. He was so nice before this happened. He seemed so cool.
>>
>>17120734
Now I understand why girls turn into bitches. It's just a defense mechanism against creeps like that guy.
>>
>>17120743
Yes. Yes. Yes. If I had any idea what a type of person he was when he asked me to hang out, I would have bitchily rejected him outright. This conversation was the most painful, drawn out thing ever. Like talking to a stupid, self-centered wall that's 27 years old and has a very sad relationship history.
>>
>>17120772
>27 years old
Do guys like this really exist? Jesus
>>
>>17120250
be honest and tell him you don't find him physically attractive.
>>
>>17120250
your fault not his you probably flirted
>>
File: 1.jpg (157 KB, 1275x717) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
157 KB, 1275x717
>>
>>17120881
Found the guy.
>>
Block him, he's a clinger. Good thing you rejected him.

Most men should know that a girl has no requirement to explain why she's not interested. It's proper to accept her choice and move on.

If they don't, it's just basically saying "You were right to reject me. Look how desperate and creepy I am. Why don't you love me?"
>>
>>17120837
I-I'm almost 27 and I have the feeling that I might do this soon enough so...
Yes
There's more of us weaklings out there
>have pity on our clingy souls
>>
>>17121230
Read this thread and don't do what that guy did, and girls won't hate you. Guaranteed.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.