[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I really need advice. I'm finishing up a transfer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: End-of-My-Rope.png (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
End-of-My-Rope.png
100 KB, 500x500
Okay, I really need advice.

I'm finishing up a transfer degree this spring, and then will be moving on to a four year school out of town. I'm married, and though both my husband and I work, (him full time, me part time while I finish hard as fuck classes) we can't make ends meet. Our landlord and internet provider (which I need for school) both upped their prices on us, and because we've been juggling paying bills for so long, we have back car insurance, back electricity, and even back rent past due.

I still owe money to my current college for a class I'm taking for my transfer degree, (already looked into it, no help to get it paid off even though its for a degree, longer story) and everything of value I own with the exception of my wedding ring, is already in pawn. (And I'd only get like 30 dollars for it anyway, because that's what 1200 dollar rings get you in pawn around here).

I figured that perhaps we could stay at either his or my mom's house while we gathered enough money to pay off our bills, but both of them told us no. One has a full house, the other one told me her landlord said no. I asked my estranged father for some help, but he also told me no, because he's paying out of pocket for cancer treatments not covered by his insurance.

And no, I don't qualify for food stamps. We check every two months and last time we literally made ten dollars too much. I applied for every scholarship I could get my grubby hands on, and not a single one, not even the 50 to 100 dollar ones, came back. And I while I've been desperate enough to take out a personal loan on the car, I can't. My husband has terrible credit to boot, and late payments mean mine probably has taken a hit as well.

So I'm sitting here too stressed to focus on my crucial homework (because I need a good grade to maintain what financial aid I have that covers my tuition) and hungry (again) with no way out.

What am I going to do?
>>
have you tried not living beyond your means? Where the hell did your husband's bad credit magically appear from I wonder.
>>
where the fuck do you live. quit pawning shit and start selling it.
>>
>>17113627
We don't try to live beyond our means. I don't go on amazon shopping binges, I don't buy vidya gaems, I don't even go out to eat that often. I haven't bought new clothes in over a year. I'm struggling to pay the basic necessities. LIKE FOOD. It's not like I have an Xbox live account or whatever, and am refusing to give up that. I don't have cable, I don't get things for myself to make me feel better.

I only have what I need. Electricity, a roof, food. Internet for school (my classes are all hybrid) a car insurance payment I'm required by law to have, to drive to work and school.

And his bad credit is his own damn fault, and yes I'm pissed about it but I can't do anything about it.

What exactly are you accusing me of?
>>
>>17113632
Selling doesn't net you the same amount as pawning, and if I sell the only items I have of value completely, I cannot resell them later.
>>
>>17113653
buy cheaper food, sell your car and use the bus
>>
>>17113765
it don't get no cheaper than top ramen, and my schedule doesn't work with the bus.
>>
Unless you want to live in your car, your choices are a shelter which may or may not be full, and finding a cheaper place to live. That and go to school only part time and work full time. There is no associate degree class that is "so hard" that you can't take as a single class in a semester and integrate with a full time job. Or, quit school for a couple of semesters to get your finances in order because if you can't manage school and full time work, just think how hard it will be trying to manage school when you are homeless.
>>
what is your monthly rent?
>>
for wifi use coffee shops, public libraries, school, etc that might save you stuff. Make a big meal at the beginning of the week that you can use for leftovers the rest of the week. Don't stock your fridge. Try to take the bus even if you have to get up early because its a lot better than the car.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.