[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cornered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1446187550678.jpg (21 KB, 236x331) Image search: [Google]
1446187550678.jpg
21 KB, 236x331
I've found myself cornered in life. It's a long story but in a nutshell, I have to make a run for it with 3-5k USD, my dog, a car and whatever personal belongings I can fit in it. How long could I live with that money in the US and what would be the most efficient way to go about finding shelter or living in my car?

I know I'm omitting a lot of important info but I just wanted the thread going as soon as possible. I have roughly 3 weeks to prepare everything.
>>
Got some bitch pregnant huh?
>>
>>17101261

If you're willing to work, you can live indefinitely.

If you just sit and do nothing till your money runs out, you could last a few months.

Tips:
>head south where it's warmer

>get a bicycle so you can have free transportation

>if you live out of your car, consider getting a gym membership so you can have a place to shower

>living in a storage unit is a possibility, usually against the rules and illegal in some places (https://www.storedge.com/how-and-why-to-prevent-live-in-renters)

>subletting someone's shitty basement gives you the ability to get a library card, free internet, email, books, obvious amenities of indoor living

>buy generic and cook your own food

>painters will hire anyone who will work
>>
step 1. fit as few personal belongings as possible, don't take shit bc its yours take shit bc you need it.

do bring lots of clothing.

start googling tips on how to live out of your car and where to take showers when homeless. there's plenty of info online.

from there the biggest thing is to spend these 3 weeks making sure every bit of preventive maintenance and cleaning that can be done to your car is done. you want that thing running well, well stocked on oil/fluids etc and the cleanest its ever been.

if you get woken up while sleeping in your car by the cops, you want the car to look perfectly clean with no trash in it. then you can sell basically any excuse and they'll let you go on your way, assuming you aren't black tho desu

beyond the car looking as good as it can look and running as well as it can (put air in your tires etc) you ought to spend the lion's share of the next 3 wks figuring out what you are going to do after you make your run for it to add to your $3k bc that will not last you forever.

honestly this is a pretty specific set of problems that many people have written about, you don't need /adv/ just google how to eat, shower and sleep when you are living out of a car.

AND MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE/HOW YOU ARE GOING TO FIND WORK. Gotta get on that shit.

some stuff you might forget (bring a tire pump, bring toiletries including a setup you can stay clean shaven with). its crucial that you be able to walk in from your car/home to a job interview and stand some chance of landing it.
>>
>>17101280
No.

>>17101304
>If you're willing to work, you can live indefinitely.
I'm not sure what kind of work I could get with no address or a degree at 26 years of age. All my skills are seemingly underdeveloped and nowhere near professional level.
>>
>>17101261
rofl oh a missed that, have your dog put down. not tryna be cruel but if this is real fido can't come with you. you are on the razor's edge and there's no way you can handle taking care of the dog.

you either gotta find a family member or friend who will take him or say your goodbyes. if you bring the dog that's proof this is some fakeass /having/ to run away
>>
>>17101319
>if you bring the dog that's proof this is some fakeass /having/ to run away
I'm not following. Also, the dog stays.
>>
>>17101319
Oh, I don't agree. Keep the dog! God, this dude is in dire straights he gonna need a friend. Putting down a dog that isn't sick is murder.
>>
Now my imagination is running wild… can't you give us a bit more on an anonymous site? Shit, we got child molesters on here.

Are you some kind of small-time gangster and you did something to piss off the padre?

Or should we cherce la femme?
>>
how the fuck am I supposed to give meaningful advice unless you say what you did
>>
>>17101356
>>17101357
Be more specific about what you wish to know and I will answer if it's relevant to the topic.
>>
>>17101261

Depends on where you go.

Try to avoid cities unless you wanna live in a crime infested shitstain part of a city. Middle America tends to be cheaper than the East and West.
>>
>>17101368
Like what/who cornered you and what does that even meaN?
>>
yo nigga your situation is more the tower, not the hanged man. hanged man is about finding peace with what happened but nigga, u on da run
>>
>>17101664
Good observation, G!
>>
>>17101352
>murder
it's by definition not murder you uneducated hippie faggot
>>
This thread sucks.
>>
>>17101664
The hanged man is not me.

>>17101660
I have lied to some people for a long time and as a consequence, I will lose all my sources of income and possibly also my life and or freedom. I need to cover my tracks on top of moving as well so I would appreciate tips for that.
>>
>>17101323
the dog is no go, its also cruel as fuck to keep a dog in your goddamn car alone all day. you are a fucking clown and this thread is fakeass shit if you seriously are keeping your stupid dog

>>17101352
you can't have a dog when you have no home if you are intending to at least be able to fake that you aren't homeless. real derelict homeless people keep dogs bc they do fucking nothing all day long. presumably OP isn't planning on just sitting in rags on the street begging? If he is he sure doesn't need our help planning that out lol

fake thread is so fake
>>
>>17102019
>its also cruel as fuck to keep a dog in your goddamn car alone all day
I haven't yet determined whether I will live in my car or not. If I knew what course of action to take, I wouldn't be here.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.