[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the real false rape accusation percentages? I believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: black eye.jpg (22 KB, 191x235) Image search: [Google]
black eye.jpg
22 KB, 191x235
What are the real false rape accusation percentages? I believe 60% are false
>>
No one can really know to be honest. But my anecdotal evidence points to most being fake.
>>
One of the most controversial disputes affecting the discourse related to violence against women is the dispute about the frequency of false allegations of sexual assault. In an effort to add clarity to the discourse, published research on false allegations is critiqued, and the results of a new study described. All cases (N= 136) of sexual assault reported to a major northeastern university over a 10-year period are analyzed to determine the percentage of
false allegations. Of the 136 cases of sexual assault reported over the 10-year period, 8 (5.9%) are coded as false allegations. These results, taken in the context of an examination of previous research, indicate that the prevalence of false allegations is between 2% and 10%.

http://www.icdv.idaho.gov/conference/handouts/False-Allegations.pdf
>>
those are the ones that they can absolutely prove are false, how many of the ones with 0 evidence ala jameis winston are false
>>
>>17098069
You can also legally deem it to be false (not enough evidence, cops tampering with evidence) even if it really did happen....
>>
>>17098097
There's also the fact that a lot of rape goes unreported in the first place.
>>
Unreported according to whom? Feminists. How do you even get numbers for unreported crimes
>>
Why do we as men tend to believe women? They have show themselves to be vindictive, greedy, materialistic bitches who will do anything to get what they want
>>
>>17098049
>>17098276
>>17098298
>>17098069
>I came here to be told that I'm right, not to get a real answer
Fuck off and die.
>>
>>17098276
stop being dumb.
>>17098298
stop being bitter.

>>17098060
best answer, everyone can stop now.
>>
Most high profile accusations have fallen apart: Jameis, Pat Kane, Marshawn, Z-Bo, Duke Lacrosse
>>
>>17098049
>What are the real false rape accusation percentages?
About 8%, according to the FBI's latest statistics.
>>
>>17098049
you can think that, but I have trouble believing you were able to put those sentences together but somehow unable to google "false crime report rates" or "false rape report rates"

anyway here's your spoonfeeding, open your mouth here comes the airplane:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape
>>
do you think the government would allow the fbi to release a report where they said most accusations are false? Feminists would throw a bitch fit like they do when any campus cop says that a lot of rape allegations come from regret
>>
>>17098823
>do you think the government would allow the fbi to release a report where they said most accusations are false?
Feminists found plenty to be mad about in that report. According to its own statistics, 8% is still at least four times the rate of false accusation for any other crime.
>>
>>17098049
OP, why do you want this information, assuming it could be determined? First of all, there's no way to determine whether an allegation is false or if there were just insufficient evidence to convict, so there's basically no way to objectively determine this statistic without sodium pentathol and access to everyone who has ever filed a rape charge.

Second, I'm having trouble imagining a useful reason to ask this. Are you just settling a bet, or are you trying to gather evidence that rape isn't as serious of a problem as it is? Like, what's your purpose here?
>>
>>17098823
>Campus cop giving his stupid opinion
>FBI crime statistics
Gee I wonder what the difference between the two could be.
>>
>>17098049
>What are the real false rape accusation percentages?
You'll have to be more specific on 2 things:

1. What constitutes an accusation? Are we talking informal, or formal police reports? Do reports to pseudo-judicial entities count (eg university disciplinary committees, license boards)?

2. What does "false" mean here? Classic meaning of "false report", ie malicious or deluded? Does an honest mistake (eg wrong suspect) count? What about a complaint that isn't valid since the plaintiff misunderstood the law?

Even slight changes in definition can give us hugely different numbers, eg 2% or 12%.

>>17099188
Might just be curious about a controversial topic.
>>
I used to really care to find out about this subject, but after some soul searching I have generally stopped dealing with women. I will be friendly but I wont seek out friendships, or even try to fuck them.

I know most wont try to fuck up my life but risks are seriously to great, and female manipulation is a thing I really don't wanna deal with.
>>
>>17098049
This thread is part of the reason why RAINN estimates 68% of sexual abuse cases going unreported. No one condones false accusations, OP. But to pull a number out of your ass and suggest that over half are false accusations is malignant and telling of your fear and hatred of women.

Thanks to you, you probably helped another victim (male or female) keep his/her mouth shut.

Perhaps you were raped by a woman and are ashamed. Or you are ashamed because women aren't attracted to your hateful, distrustful personality. Or perhaps you just want an excuse to finally come out of the closet. (Seriously, there's nothing wrong with being gay.)

Seek help and find healthier ways to resolve your own issues rather than spread ignorance like a cancer. And quit fucking posting trigger images.
>>
>>17098049
www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/08/false-rape-accusations... Cached
David Lisak, a leading sexual assault researcher and consultant to colleges and the military, has found false rape reports to be about 8 percent of the total.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.