[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF I've never had acne in my life but once I turned 19
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1461737373847.jpg (83 KB, 622x757) Image search: [Google]
1461737373847.jpg
83 KB, 622x757
WTF I've never had acne in my life but once I turned 19 and started college I got cystic acne all over my face and back. Will it go away with time??
>>
Well, fuck. I'm a med student, so please answer a few questions. Are you male or female? If female, are you taking bc? If male did you start takings steroids?

Go to a dermatologist and get yourself a prescription of Epiduo.
>>
>>17097715
Male. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me oral antibiotics and I've been taking them for a few weeks but haven't had any results yet.
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211 KB, 1600x447) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211 KB, 1600x447
Acne isnt as simple as parents made it out to be. if its only in one location its usually caused by a specific problem (for example (thisi s wrong but for example) acne on the nose would be a dairy issue). I had acne on my chin only, and thats a hormonal issue. however i cannot fix that as a dude (whereas women could just take birth control etc).

there are two approaches that worked well for me. the first is how i went from pic related to second pic related.

>tretinoin in the morning
>salicylic acne wash in the shower
>moisturizer after / as needed
>erythromicin at night

tretinoin is prescription but you can order online as well. you rub it on to your skin and it peels it fast, causing your acne to fall right off. thats.

salicylic acne wash is basic acne wash you can get at most any store. i get mine at rite aid.

moisturizer stops your face from drying itself out, which prevents your skin from getting damaged and/or over producing oils which makes more acne.

erythromicin topical gel is an antio biotic used to treat acne, however instead of applying it your stomach, you apply it to your face before bed. it attacks the bacteria right on your face, killing acne before it starts.

I used all 4 together and it wokred pretty well, but it was annoying. way too much of my day was dedicated to treating my acne, not eating foods, trying to find ways to scratch an itch without touching myface. if i was making out with a girl and she happened to rub her fingers across my face, you can bet your savings that id have acne on the part of my chin she touched.

i got so frustrated i went ahead and started taking accutane. i was nervous but within the first month i had no acne. i had to quit one week into the third month (of 5 months) but my acne still hasnt returned and for that im grateful. i can sleep face down, scratch my chin, eat whatever i want. its awesome.
>>
>>17097732
I think >>17097759 has given you great advice, epiduo is also a retinoid like tretinoin, just try either.
Your skin will peel off at first and it will kinda sting, but definitely use topical gels, oral antibiotics against acne is complete bullshit, trust me
>>
i had cystic acne in my teen years. it is a terrible thing but it will go away with care. first and most important do not try to pop it. i know its annoying but poping it will make it worse. use apple cider vinegar on it at night before you go to bed wash it off in the morning. it will be very drying so only put it on effected areas. (lemon juice can be used instead) also you will want to go to a dermatologist asap. they can determine the severity and if you need to be on accutane and they can also prescribe a topical face wash designed for your case.
>>
also something i forgot to mention, use hypo allergenic and oil free moisturizers even if your not allergic to anything these are the best to use when dealing with cystic acne
>>
Sooo you went off to college. Quick few questions -
Now that you're off on your own are you still eating healthy (or at least not gorging yourself with fast food and dairy)? Drinking enough water? Showering regularly? Changing your pillowcases and bedsheets regularly?

I only ask because a lot of people go off to college and get all 'I can do what i want i live by myself now!' and then go off the rails with that kind of shit. All of that may have a factor in your acne, if not your general health.
>>
Listen to none of the retards here.

>Go to doctor
>Tell doctor "I want to see a dermatologist"
>Go to dermatologist
>Dermatologist examines you
>Tell dermatologist you wish to go on "Accutane"
>When dermatologist asks you "Have you ever had suicidal thoughts?"
>You say "No lol"
>Get your prescription
>>
>>17098422
>mentions none of the shitty side effects of accutane

nice. one. lad.
>>
>>17098422
Accutane is serious shit tho
It cured my acne (There is no question about it, Accutane will definitely clear you up.), but it fucked with my sinuses permanently. Try other remedies first, and use it only as a last resort. I'm glad I went for it, because my acne was horrific, cystic, and persistent to all other medications, but it really is a "nuclear option". It has many, possibly permanent side effects.
>>
>>17098432
>>17098435
The only side effects the majority of people experience is dry lips and fatigue.

The Accutane scare is a meme.
>>
>>17098457
>dry lips

More like sahara face. My face became so dry and cracked it was goddamn awful.
I mean it worked, but what a crappy few months that was.
>>
>>17098457
That ipledge shit was a joke too
They had me sign as a man that I would not get preggers
Damn as if i had a choice
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.