[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is gonna sound stupid, but anyways here goes. I have a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_5429-85951265-1680074090.jpg (76 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5429-85951265-1680074090.jpg
76 KB, 499x499
This is gonna sound stupid, but anyways here goes. I have a lot of dreams and one is to teach the history and psychology of memes at a university level.

Memes can be used as a form of propaganda and can easily fit into a psychology or sociology department.

My thought is if I can ever get a dean to approve this, to start the class off easy like it's a joke but eventually get really deep into the issues at each given time period and how the memes correspond.

Seems like it would be really fun to teach and a lot of laughter from the students, but also digging deep into their underlying psychological implications.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1390245654922.jpg (18 KB, 211x248) Image search: [Google]
1390245654922.jpg
18 KB, 211x248
>>17113430

>This is gonna sound stupid

You're right, that did sound stupid.
>>
>>17113441

Maybe to a pleb like yourself but there will be a Memeology major in 10 years, mark my words. You're just a consumer not a deep thinker
>>
>>17113430

no one would finance such class, and even if they did, at most it would be part of a lecture (a 5-minute example) as part of a psychology course or the human sciences in general

you'd first have to get a PhD in Psychology / relevant field though, so you can teach

if you aren't trolling, i'd recommend creating and offering an online course

when the numbers and interest pile up, you can use that to show a university that there's interest in your subject and they can invite to give you guest-lectures

then someone might offer you a position somewhere but chances are slim of this ever happening, even more so in a decent university

you won't be getting serious students either way, but at least they'll like you
>>
>>17113463
All I can think of is a Spongebob quote.
>I meme
>We meme
>He/she/it memes
>Memebrosis
>Meme science
>Memology, the study of memes
>It's first grade, Spongebob

You're dumb.
You should feel dumb.
That is dumb.
This thread is dumb.
You're dumb, again.

The education system does not need you. Do not bother teaching anything at all.
>>
>>17113499

>Can only think of SpongeBob memes
>Calls someone else dumb

Haha bro you're a NEET too, aren't you?

>The education does not need you

But they need queer pansexual demigod study courses though, right?
>>
>>17113512

i'm not him, but pansexual demigod study courses serve a purpose

oy vey, white men must be emasculated and replaced by the darker races
>>
Semiotics, psychology, marketing, and memetics. Study these, get a doctorate, a professorship, and then tenure. Then, and only then, will you be able to have your class on memes.
>>
>>17113512
>But they're already doing something awful!
>I want to do something awful too!

And it should be a warning sign that your idea is on part of that with a character that was made to excel at being an idiot, so the 5-year-olds watching Spongebob know he's supposed to be dumb.
>>
>>17113529

>10+ years of your life devoted to academia just s you can teach a course which only junkies and good-for-nothing slackers attend so they don't drop out

memetics is a thankless field
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.