[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ anyone know how to get a job with no work experience, at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 01b0d31.jpg (120 KB, 648x675) Image search: [Google]
01b0d31.jpg
120 KB, 648x675
/adv/ anyone know how to get a job with no work experience, at first I wanted to try and get an internship or part time in an IT department or something but I'm having no luck. thinking I might just have to try and become a bartender for awhile. I need to work /adv/ I just don't know if I should keep holding out for something to give me useful experience or something to pay the bills.
>>
>>17112061
You apply for low skill entry level jobs, like fast food. You can't just get an internship at a skilled position when you have zero experience or education to back it up. Even bartenders need to be trained to know all of the drinks. You either go to a class for that, or you get hired on at a place that's willing to train you from nothing. Those places are rare.
>>
You'll need to take a bartender training class which can be quite expensive, or get hired as a barback at a restaurant/bar and after a while show interest in learning more. Though it's doubtful that you can even get the barback job without experience despite it being entry level lol.

When I was in your position I decided to go into security since I noticed there were a lot of listings for it on Craigslist. I got a license then applied with a couple of security agencies (Securitas and us security) and had a job within the week.
>>
>>17112061
You need to work as you said. Whether it's volunteering or doing any kind of work is better than nothing. The longer you're jobless the harder it's going to be. With volunteering you can also network and even get some references. As far as getting some kind of tech job, you're extremely limited without education plus job exp. Only thing remotely close you can start with (requires connections) is interning and data entry. Also do a lot of reading on w/e specific field in IT you're going for as well as the data you're required to know for the jobs you're attempting.
>>
>>17112071
Well I should of mentioned I've got two years of degree experience, it just doesn't seem like that's very important however. most internships ask for graduates. Low level IT jobs don't seem to exist nearby me.

>>17112079
I live in the uk, I'll look into security jobs it would be better than nothing. Thanks for the advice.

>>17112096
I guess I'll have to end up volunteering working without pay feels really counter productive, but I really have no choice here you are right.
>>
>>17112126
Securitas is in the UK, they were a pretty good place to start since they'll take anybody and you can do the licensing through them.

A good thing about security is that if you work nights you can go to school during the day then do readings and assignments during your shift.
>>
>>17112240
I'l check them out thanks.
>>
File: suicide frog.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
suicide frog.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>>17112061
I'm in a similar situation. I'm 28 and haven't worked for the past ten years. I have an AA that is useless and working towards a BBA but I'm about half way through earning it and not sure it would help me get a job I want anyways. How fucked am I? Should I quit school and just see what kind of bullshit jobs are available to me?
>>
File: iCim4eXE.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
iCim4eXE.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>17113270
I don't know myself man, I wish I could tell you. do you have any idea what you want to do?
>>
>>17113276
Work from home. Anything that doesn't require much social skill and pays enough I can live on.
>>
>>17113298
The only way people will trust you enough to work from home is if, you've gone in and proved to them you can work and even then they might want you to come in twice a week.
You're going need a bit of experience before they let you. if you only want enough to live on you could get a warehouse job, but you'd be living really frugally.
>>
>>17113337
OK, should I continue with the degree or not?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.