[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a good looking dude with a good job, a ton of friends,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1462327507550.jpg (582 KB, 2832x4256) Image search: [Google]
1462327507550.jpg
582 KB, 2832x4256
I'm a good looking dude with a good job, a ton of friends, car, house, etc...

I'm just not good at dating as an adult. High school and college were wonderful times for me to get girls, but I think I lack some kind of emotional maturity in my late 20s to actually be alluring, much less interested in anyone I meet.

I'd like to blame my parents' nonsensical relationship for this, but who the fuck knows?

Anyways, my question is, should I just give up and indulge in masturbating, making money, and traveling? I'm sure I'll hook up with the occasional girl, it's bound to happen, but I don't seem to connect with anyone on a relationship/dating level anymore.
>>
File: 1439804487388.jpg (20 KB, 287x480) Image search: [Google]
1439804487388.jpg
20 KB, 287x480
>>17111016
sounds like paying for an online dating service might be up your ally. idk, get back in touch to your youth man. get back into the things you we're into when you were into when you were younger, and bring back that youthful charm. or maybe just go for younger girls who are into "older guys". you clearly crave romantic chemistry, and that alone shows you're not hopeless. sometimes just lowering your standards a little bit can go a long way too, in the looks department anyway, don't settle in anyway for anyone you don't have chemistry with right off the bat. good luck anon, you'll find someone.
>>
>>17111049

I tried that once, and it didn't work... But I like your optimism. The problem is, my mindset is a lot younger than you'd think for my accomplishments. I want a partner in crime, not a housewife.

I can cook for myself, but I don't. I eat out. Commitment freaks me out, despite kind of wanting it. I can't imagine my family ever being more important than my friends. My ideal weekend is road tripping to the beach and slamming four lokos until we pass out, then starting all over.

I don't even really understand what it's like to have a girl as a romantic companion, even though I've been in relationships... I feel like girls can smell it on me these days. I have plenty of female friends, guy friends, I'm not someone with a hateful bone in my body, but I do feel kinda broken, like I just don't know how to do this anymore.

It used to just be "go to a party, find cute girl, drop corny pickup line, give her 3-5 drinks," and bam, you had a new girl you could call and hang out with. Now I have no clue how to meet anyone.
>>
>tfw no Crimson Witch gf
>>
>>17111049
>paying for an online dating service
wat
>>
>>17111195
dude, when everyone's paying that means there's desire from each person to want to get into a more serious relationship. these free sites and apps don't generate a lot of success because nobody cares. and if you can afford paying for a dating service, you probably have a job and aren't just some skid. just better chances finding an actual partner when you pay for a dating site. not to say pay services are a great or surefire way to meet someone.
>>
>>17111234
i was just asking

so do both genders pay? i only heard of where males pay and women go for free

if women actually pay too it could work but i doubt they do
>>
File: 1443440248149.jpg (102 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
1443440248149.jpg
102 KB, 500x326
>>17111082
it's not like you're that old. but aim young dude. like more than a couple years. maybe fresh out of high school. idk man, it sounds like you're tryna find a girl who's the happy medium of immaturity and maturity. if that makes sense. maybe harbor a girl who's just going into college, and like support her and let her live with you or something. idk. just a suggestion. or just maybe, go way older! find a cougar, like an old mom who's got money and likes to party. jk maybe not. It's super cliche, but just go out there and talk to women at the grocery store, walking down the street. don't be afraid to make a fool out of your self. it'll come.
>>
>>17111236
I know people who've done it. It kinda worked for them. but yeah if both pay its probably better. i just looked up the ones you're talking about. they seem a bit more sketch. the ones i'm talking about are like the ones advertised on tv, like match, eharmony, christian mingle and such
>>
I think you need some virtual experience to verify your childishness level. Years ago I tried second life (a virtual world ). it helped me to grow up and make experience before trying in the real world...
There you can meet a lot of girls and be yourself : nobody will care.
Remember : it's a virtual world but behind the screen there are real people with feelings!
Ps. : nobody wants to be a perfect housewife ...a women searches an equal mate ;)
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.