[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Willpower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1452699869536.jpg (71 KB, 697x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452699869536.jpg
71 KB, 697x1024
How can I gain willpower and discipline not to text a girl that I have a crush on and im pretty sure doesnt like me past a friend? How can I react when she sends me a text first? I want to move on but not be an asshole about it over a long period of time I connected with her and I feel like she considers me above most of her friends because she has told me things over time and we just had long conversations about all different things, but I can't keep talking with her and feeling the way I do. In fact she has a crush on another guy we know so if they were to get together I would feel horrible so I want to get out before that happens
>>
Trust me, the last thing you want to do is ignore her if you still don't know her true feelings.

It will eat you up inside. Find out, if you're sure she has no feelings for you and you can't be friends, move on.
>>
>>17106011
The reason I can say im pretty sure is because she has told me openly before that she likes this guy alot and one time I asked if she wanted to get food and go to a bookstore with me her and another friend but I worded it wrong so it sounded like it was just gonna be us two and she said that sounds like a date, I polietly decline then I told her it wasnt a date I worded it wrong and she said whoa whoa cant handle rejection well, then I told her it wasnt a date blah blah blah then she told me later she knew it wasnt a date and was joking about the fish in the sea part so I got confused. She's out of my league anyway I've never had a girlfriend while shes had 4 boyfriends so far so experience wise there is a huge gap I can't cross.
>>
>>17106011
>>17106035
Also as dumb as it sounds I really want to stay friends with her but i dont think im mature enough to be friends with her and be in a stable state of mind if she were to get a boyfriend so I am at a huge loss of what I want to do here
>>
>>17106035
Oh ok yeah that sounds like she isn't really interested if the idea of a date turned her off that much.

Does she have a boyfriend now? If you can't handle that, just drift out of her life. Stop texting her, dont favorite her tweets or like her insta pics, ignore her texts. She'll get the message. Don't hurt yourself. I know that all too well.
>>
>>17105998

by doign it.

if you dont have the discipline to do it you dont have the discipline to do something to get the discipline and do it.

its a literal matter of manning up and just doing it.
>>
>>17106060
I am trying so hard not to text her and its working decently but I don't know how to react when she texts me first. I don't want to come off as an asshole and ignore her with shitty answers but that is the best thing I can think of. It just hurts alot because she was so fun to talk and hangout with and now i have to get rid of her from my life.
>>
>>17106066
So by your statement your saying I can't develop willpower over time? There is no way I can better myself unless I just say fuck it and do it?
>>
>>17106068
I understand man. You could be straight up with her, it may be for the best. If she's in a relationship just politely say something like "sorry, but I think we shouldn't hang out anymore" or something similar. She must know you're interested if she brings dating up, but you probably take her places or buy her shit and she doesn't want to lose that. You can still hang out with her she may change her mind and end up thinking you're interesting, but if she's taken already you gotta get out senpai
>>
>>17105998
the girl is being an ass too though, even if shes being nice shes leading you on and inflating her self esteem just waiting for you to ask her if she likes you
>>
>>17106077
I am trying to get out but I just don't want to lose her friendship which is the part that is conflicting me here and screwing me over
>>
>>17106084
How is she leading me on? We just have texting sessions about random things now like pictures of videos or whatever nothing that makes me think she likes me. Hell she never gave me a sign which is why i never pursued her and just stayed back smiling and being happy with the friendship, mind you this is when she was single
>>
Hey anon, I have feelings for you and right now I can't handle being around you and not being 'with' you, please understand that I must distance myself because of this.

Assuming you don't like me in that sense.
>>
>>17106125
no no no I am not gonna tell her that, we have all mutual friends together and I don't want them knowing about it. Also they invite her to hangout when we all hangout so I can't do that.
>>
Wow I just came here on /adv/ and this is the first post that showed up, I'm actually in a similar situation and was gonna make a post about it, OP. Except in my case, the girl has a boyfriend, but they're barely ever together and she constantly complains about him. She talks to me every day for hours on end and it's extremely fun and enjoyable to talk to her, and I've developed feelings for her.

I ended up telling her how I felt because I couldn't take it any longer. I tried being super responsive to her, and also ignoring her for a while, but nothing really worked. And when I finally told her, she didn't take it very well, and she stopped talking to me. But that only lasted for a few weeks, now we're back to the same old, talking for hours every day and she even got back to text messaging me randomly yesterday.

My advice is, tell her how you feel. Then you'll know, and if she's not that into you, I doubt that'd ruin the friendship.
>>
>>17106128
Why is it a problem being honest? I'm sure all your friends know by how you act around her.

What are they going to do, criticize you for having feelings? Fuck em

Out of respect for her just find a time to talk to her when you aren't surrounded by people. This will end in two ways.

1. She says sorry I don't feel the same. (Likely) Butt now you have closure and can work on moving on. No one will blame you for keeping distance.

2. She says yes and you have a great few months/weeks till one of you inevitable fucks up ruining what you had, but now you got memories.
>>
>>17106155
If it were that easy for me to talk to her about my feelings then I wouldnt be on this board complaining and this problem
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.