[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get close to a girl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: vwreC1O.jpg (155 KB, 540x471) Image search: [Google]
vwreC1O.jpg
155 KB, 540x471
Subject pretty much sums it up. We've been friends for a bit now, eating lunch together and chatting, but I still feel like I have a barrier up between us.
I hesitate to call this a "freindzone" situation, because that implies she put me there. But I put myself there.
I've struggled with some pretty severe social anxiety since puberty, so I don't have much experience when it comes to interacting with people. I've had essientally no friends before. Recently i've managed to "crawl out my shell" a bit, but I still get nervous sometimes, especially with anything past smalltalk. I don't even know how to get her number. Where do I go from where I am?

tldr; guy wants girl. How?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17105030
Bump
>>
How long have you two been close, OP?
>>
>>17105030
Smalltalk is fucking retarded anyway.
Do you have her phone number?
If you wanna be a cuck just text her "heys lets do something together" (be much more direct than that )
If you somehow have balls if she mentions something she likes be like "oh yeah thats cool I want to do that too how about we go do it together" obviously it will be a little harder to pull off if its in a group but you get it.

I'm in somewhat similar situation, expect I don't really know the girl as a friend (which is why I don't have her # to begin with). Shit fell through when I was gonna ask her to prom (she didn't reject me, I ended up never asking cause I found out two days before I was gonna do it she had one already) but she is legitimately one of the four only tolerable females at my school. We're parting ways since were senior but honestly idgaf and still gonna try anyway. I don't really have a plan but my failsafe is on the last week (after prom) I'll just go up to her and be like "hey anonette I know we don't know each other well but we're probably never gonna see each other I think you're really cool and was wondering if I could have your # to hangout this summer,". We'll see.
>>
>>17105030
It's still the friendzone regardless of who put themselves in there because YOU are attracted to her. What kind of girl is she? Is she nervous/shy like you? Who is more attractive? etc, give some fken info.
>>
>>17105030
Oh, you don't even have her phone number. Well, if you don't play on directly asking, if you know her kind of well, literally just whip out your contact creation page and hand it to her and be like "Hey, can I have your number?" or if you wanna like I said before find a way to suggest doing something together where you need her phone too.
>>
File: 1459715098050.png (6 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1459715098050.png
6 KB, 419x249
>>17105405
>Smalltalk is fucking retarded anyway.
>Do you have her phone number?
>>
>>17105417
I quickly scanned it, it's my fault senpai, sorry.
Smalltalk is retarded though, I hate doing it. It means nothing. All you do is waste oxygen. The only friends I keep around are people I enjoy talking to and want to know more about them, not fucking school, sports, the weather, etc. Fuck those people.
>>
>>17105405
>we don't know each other well
>you're really cool
Fucking autist, no don't do that, just talk to her about something random, then subtley joke about her and her assumed boyfriend. Example: "hey have you seen "x" movie yet?"
then depending on yes or no say something like
"Really? thought a cute girl like you would've been asked to see that one already haha"
then when she replies with nope say
"Leme fix that and take you to see it, when are you free?"

You do shit like this, not that stupid sentence you wrote out.
>>
>>17105437
Like I said, it was a worst case scenario pham-o.
I thought the meme was that movie first dates sucked though? Sure, I'll do it.
>>
>>17105441
It's all about attitude man, going to the movies just gives you an opportunity and it's up to how you handle it which will decide what happens at the end. You gotta act like she's your friend and you're 100% comforable seeing the movies with her but also treating her like a female, teasing her, complimenting her, flirting etc.

When i see a movie with a girl, im really relaxed, pay obviously, lead the way, joke about stuff but especially tease her (easy way of flirting). Then in the movie i'd eventually put my arm around her, like i'd say her whats that over there, pointing past her with my arm behind her neck then when she looks i'd say nvm, continue watching movie but have my arm around her shoulder casually. Someshit like that, then eventually makeout with her.

If you just do nothing sitting there, nothing will happen.
>>
>>17105470
I don't know if I can pull this off, especially getting the date first, but I'm not giving up. I'm not a complete autist (in my humble opinion), but I guess since we're probably never gonna see each other again I'm not going to lose anything if she says no.
>>
I used to post on /adv/ when I was in high school about what to do with girls I liked. I never got with any of them. Unfortunately the best advice I can give you is to get off 4chan because you've probably overthought this one too much already and women do not like that one bit
>>
>>17105496
Dude you just need to be your own coach, motivate yourself, praise yourself, boost your moral up and look for confidence in yourself. If you're unsure, just watch videos or read articles about improving confidence etc. i recommend watching Alpha M youtube videos (he's an image consultatnt). You're never going to see each other again, so atleast put some effort into it, if she rejects you you still win because you have no regret in not asking but also you've improved your confidence by experiencing asking a girl out.
>>
>>17105511
It might not seem that over text I'm confident, but at least I think that I am. It's just that I'm a little timid in areas where I am not so experienced in, like asking out girls (talking to them normally like a guy friend does not bother me). The only thing that kind of digs is me like, and this might sound complete autismo so bare with me here, that is calling her cute so early would be, I don't know, creepy? I would think I would react that way if someone did that to me, but then again I'm a guy so I guess it's different. I'm still gonna go through without, that's just how I internally feel, if I'm wrong correct me because I hope I am.
>>
Sorry for the late replies

>>17105384
A few months now.

>>17105405
I don't see how waiting for her to mention something she's going to do and tagging along is more direct than asking her to do something with me.

Wish you luck tho anon

>>17105410
That's the thing. I'm pretty much sure she's attracted to me, too. Her friends have been dropping hints like crazy and it's not like she's blowing me off or trying to avoid me.
She's a bit of an artsy, strange type of girl. She shaved her head not too long ago after dying it a bunch of colors, and dresses weird, and has weird friends, but she's nice and kind, or at least is good at acting like it.
She's socially awkward, too. Not quite as bad as I used to be (she actually as friends and acquaintances) but still awkward.
I think she's pretty. And if people around me aren't lying to me, i'm not bad-looking either.

>>17105414
So that's how it has to be, huh? You're probably right, i'll just ask her, rip the band-aid off quick.

It's not even like i'm afraid she won't give it to me. She said herself once she's pretty loose with giving it away. I've just got this weird fear, like a phobia; can't explain why i feel it, i just do. I only started eating lunch with her on a momentary bout of confidence.

>>17105437
I already know she's single. And I've thought about asking her to a movie. Maybe that'll be my next step for the weekend

>>17105470
>i'd eventually put my arm around her, like i'd say her whats that over there, pointing past her with my arm behind her neck then when she looks i'd say nvm, continue watching movie but have my arm around her shoulder casually.

I had a good laugh imagining this. It's like right out of a terrible sitcom

>>17105499
>the best advice I can give you is to get off 4chan

You're not wrong, but i'm too far gone. I've been browsing this site since i was a kid.
>>
>but i'm too far gone. I've been browsing this site since i was a kid.

You get how dumb this attitude is right? Even if you know it's seriously hold you back, are you judt gonna settle with oh well?
>>
>>17105437
worst fucking plan I've ever heard
girl here, "ayyyy but yuo so qute I envy yuor boyf, 0000ps do yu hav one?" is the most annoying shit ever.
If you want to know, ask her out. If her response is unclear, ask her.
Just say "hey so should I get my hopes up or something? [insert smiley or winky emote of your choice]" and get fucking done with it.
"a cute girl like you" is not funny, not subtle, not creative, not cute, not anything. It's not even straight to the point, man up.
>>
>>17105030
only gets better with practice. if she rejects you dont beat yourself up and move on
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.