[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting into politics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (536 KB, 2178x3048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
536 KB, 2178x3048
Ok, this has nothing to do with love or shit so listen up.
My teenage son is a history and politics whiz. He goes to debate and Model UN and owns the competition. He's super diplomatic and even slimy as fuck in some cases. Issue is: he's a minor so he's kinda fucked on doing actual things.

Basically he needs to at least get something of significance done or else Mom's going to pressure him to do pharmacy. (which he's good at btw)

Also one more thing: he's a super liberal, but not SJW. He says he's a economic radical and social moderate and so SJWs actually hate his guts apparently. I'm moderate af and don't really give a fuck so I have no clue how I want to support him. Should he just volunteer ham with the Dems or should he try weird ass third parties to get a name for himself?
>inb4 cuck for kid
Supporting your kids is nice, especially when they're respectful about my beliefs.
>inb4 commie scum
He's in the USA I don't know how far he can realistically go left. I think he understands this though.
>>
Wtf are you even asking?
>>
Does he volunteer with the Dems or weird ass third parties? Which give him a better shot at being successful?
>>
>>17103242
He's a teenager. If he volunteers for any campaign he'll spend all his time licking envelopes. No matter now brilliant daddy thinks he is, he's not going to become a trusted advisor to the President.

Yet.

Let him work for a local candidate he admires, just for the experience, and as long as it doesn't interfere with school.

Let him finish school and go to college and maybe law school, and THEN start thinking about politics. Between now and then he is likely to change is academic interests and career plans a dozen times.
>>
>>17103242
You don't know how lucky you are at having a son that at that age already knows what he wants to do AND is actually working to obtain said dream.
>>
why are you writing about yourself like this and why are other people falling for it
>>
>>17103242
Give him Adam Smiths Wealth of Nations
>>
If you can't figure out how to do it without asking /adv/, then there's no hope for you.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.