[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
give me a reason to live: Mom has cancer and is dying Dad is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (458 KB, 1060x786) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
458 KB, 1060x786
give me a reason to live:

Mom has cancer and is dying
Dad is a stubborn oblivious retard
Little brother is a heroin addict and so is his wife, they have 2 kids
I was fired after 10 years with the same company on friday, I already got a new job so there is that
I broke up with my gf 2 months ago because I have anger issues and she couldnt stand me yelling at cars when I drove and it made her scared
all the dates I have been on recently have been failures

ho do I get out of this rut I am in?
>>
>>17103140
I just have a family member die so ik the feels anon...but I'd say the first thing you have to do is find and outlet for your anger...try excersize
>>
>>17103140

>mom has cancer and is dying

my sincerest condolences. but also
>boo hoo im the only one in the world who has to ahve their mom die.

if your parents last until you're into adulthood, then its not particularly traumatizing. yes sad, and yes i wish i could just cuddle you while you cry and we play mario kart, and maybe i rub your feet or something and you're too drunk to care that its a little gay.

but if you want to kill yourself because of the natural order of the universe than you're in for a tough life. by which i mean, you cant kill yourselfj ust because all parents ide.

>dad is a stubborn oblivious retard

with your mom out of hte picture you dont really need to make an effort to see him. i dont see mine since my mom died.

>bro is a heroine addict with two kids

are you willing to take care of said kids or force your dad to? id call CPS in a heartbeat, fuck that. id give them the chance to go to rehab first maybe. if ur willing to take care of the kids, do so. if not, do the next best thing.

but at the very least you gotta block it out. yes their lives suck, but that doesnt makme your life suck, and killing yourself doesnt help them so...

>i was fired
>but i got a new job

then why kill yourself?

>broke up with my gf

again, natural order. we all have break ups.

the biggest reason to ever live is that you're alive and have access to and ample time to shitpost on a hungarian crab cooking pictograph forum.

if you have that, then your life isn't that bad, you just need to start carving it into a shape you like.
>>
See a therapist. They really can help, especially with the anger issues.

I wouldn't blame you if you had depression, either, though you don't make it sound like you're super depressed.
>>
>>17103170
>>17103140

bee tee dubs, the car yelling thing sounds really fucking hot
>>
>>17103175
Here is a link on how to find a (good) therapist: http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist
Here are tips on finding a mental health provider: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530
>>
>>17103167
I lift 4-6 times a week during the winter and twice a eek and ride my bike up to 200 miles a week during the summers. So that might not help. I am thinking of anger management classes before I screw up and do something to get myself in trouble with the law

>>17103170
Yeah your helping me put it into perspective. DESU I wouldnt mind taking his kids off his hands while they attempt to recover but I dont have a place to put them. I have made some bad financial decisions in the past and screed up my credit. I would love to buy a 3 bedroom place and have them move in though.

The thing with my brother is the one I really hate and feel like it was all preventable. The GF issue and my mom arent so much but its just that its all happening at once. And for the record I lost my job because of me showing anger at work which yes is another preventable issue but also stress related.
>>
>>17103195

id recommend anger management classes at this point yeah.

>brother was preventable.

hes got his own life to live. my brothers on a downward spiral, not nearly as bad as that one, but its shitty. you cant force people to do things unfortunately.

but please do report him to rehab i sincerely doubt the foster system would be worse than this, but i imagine your dad would step in (maybe talk to him beforehand) or whatever.

its all hitting you at once, but you're an angry guy so im sure you'd rather kill these problems than kill yourself.
>>
thanks guys, I know none of this actually solves my problems right now but it does help to vent
>>
>>17103215

nothing ever does.

the best you can do in life is sit down, decide whats wrong, decide how to fix it, and take the first step today.

good luck OP. if you ever need a brojob to blow off steam hit me up
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.