[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i see this pop up once in a while, but why does it matter if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1443820239030.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1443820239030.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
i see this pop up once in a while, but why does it matter if a potential girlfriend has a rich family or not?

what sort of indication is that? is it just a status thing? or does it say something else about the girl in question that is desirable?

like i can get why a girl would want to date a rich guy; traditionally, men like to spoil/bribe girls for their company. but rich girls don't do the hand outs thing unless they're desperate... and they would be even more high-maintenance because they're used to being spoiled aren't they?
>>
I don't know what you're talking about. I've never heard of guys being told to go for rich girls.
>>
>>17102284
like in this post for example: >>17101814
>she sucked my dick and swallowed was literally best shit ever, hand jobs also on point, rich parents etc
>rich parents

why does that matter when considering a girlfriend? this isn't the first time i've seen this mentioned.
>>
>>17102281
I come from a rich family.

It makes me care less about how wealthy my partner is. I have and make enough money for the both of us, so he could be dirt poor and it wouldn't affect my opinion of him.

Also, I do do the hand outs thing. I always pay for my friend's meals and I pay for everything when I go out on a date. That being said, it is important that a boy OFFER to pay. It's like the thought that counts. The fact that he'd be willing to sacrifice when he doesn't have a lot to spare is an indication that he actually cares about me.

Gift wise I am a little picky- I don't like cheap jewelry and such so I would rather my partner make me a gift or put together a meaningful date as a gift, unless he has enough money saved up to buy me something that I actually would like to wear.

"Status" wise- I don't know. I don't think that I am better than anyone else, and I am very thankful that I get to play life on easy mode. It makes me very happy and I want to share that happiness with the people that matter to me.

I grew up around people who are extremely snooty/classist so I have actually grown to despise that way of thinking, and I actively avoid people who think that they're "better" just because they're wealthy.

That being said I don't think I've ever had a guy pursue me just because of my money. I've dated poor guys before but they weren't the gold digger type.
>>
>>17102289
So one person makes a thread that mentions in passing the girl's wealthy family and suddenly men are tripping over themselves all over the place to find a rich girl?

Are you a butthurt femanon or something?
>>
>>17102281
There is a difference between girl who:
is slim because she can't afford more food
is slim because she goes to gym which she has money to pay
is driving BMW X6 because she had 20th birthday
has her own personal driver who also acts as her personal bodyguard.

Being from rich family doesn't tell anything about your look / personality, but it is POSITIVE thing you can say about somebody.

This doesn't make you from family with 10 siblings where the only thing your parent gift you on your wedding are cheap advices less admirable. It just means you may have harder start in your life.
>>
>>17102305
i'm not trying to call out rich girls or anything like that. i'm sure there are nice and generous ones out there. but it's just that i know that rich girls tend to have more negative connotations, which is why i find it weird some guys would list that as a positive trait.

>>17102319
i've mentioned i've seen this mentioned more than once. i was just curious, cool your man tits.

>>17102353
i kinda get it... if it meant rich girls are more likely to be
>educated
>fit
>with supportive family
>won't rely on your dime
>would potentially value money less in the sense that she can get whatever she wants, so expensive gifts won't impress her as much as sweet gestures
>has better taste in things like fashion, food, decor, etc.

thanks for your perspective
>>
>>17102281

many variables.

a rich girlfriend can be a plus cuz hey, it might make your life better. it could also be negative because she might have high expectations in life therefore pushing you farther than you want / can go. or she might leave you for someone with money. her parents may not approve cuz they want her to marry into money.

theres a thousand ways it can play out
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.