[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not sure what my ex wants. We broke up a month ago yet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I'm not sure what my ex wants. We broke up a month ago yet recently, he said he still wants to keep in touch. He says he's not interested in a relationship though because of stress in his life and our age difference. I'm pondering whether to stick around for him or just let it go. Deep down, I still want to some day be with him. I'm being irrational aren't I?
>>
Just let it go. Maybe someday you'll meet again, when you're both ready for this. But it's clearly not gonna work out unless he changes somehow, and you can't make him do that.
>>
>>17100350
>No context
How can we help you if we don't even know what happened?
>>
Alright. Well, I had been with my ex for about eight months. He's 20 and I'm 28. The past two months, however, he had started to change as school and problems in the family started to affect him. He became less loving and respectful toward me with no change in sight...

As a result, I thought it would be best if we broke up. Being the weak person I was though, I crawled back to him only to get hurtfully rejected. However, after ignoring him for a while , he decided to talk to me again recently stating that he wants to keep in touch. I apologized for acting selfish and desperate while he apologized for acting cruelly. He said he wasn't interested in a relationship though. I still have feelings for him and wonder if he does too.

I think that basically sums it up.
>>
>>17100397
>Some context
That's an easy one. Cut him out of your life.
>>
>>17100398
What's consuming me now is the hope that he'll feel for me again after the stress in his life is gone. Not going to happen right?
>>
>>17100350
He just wants to bang you when it's convenient to him
>>
>>17100556
That's not even the problem.
The problem is that he was not loving or respecting you in a relationship.
No amount of stress makes this behavior acceptable.
You think he'll never be stressed again? Yeah right.

>only to get hurtfully rejected
Trust me. This is a recipe for disaster. You'll be hurt far worse if you go back to him.
But you already know that.
>>
>>17100566
You're right. I'm just embodying the case that love is blind by trying to justify his emotionally abusive behavior. He isn't going to change. Thanks for helping me gain some perspective on this.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.