[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll keep this short. Scored a 95/99 on the (Navy recruiter's)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I'll keep this short. Scored a 95/99 on the (Navy recruiter's) PiCat test which. I can use this score in substitution to the Asvab. Then the recruiter bombed me with what I assume to be recruiter bait:
>exit boot camp at rank E5
>serve 4 years and earn a degree in Nuclear Engineering

There's the gist of the situation. What to you guys think? Also:
>what are the best fields to enter, regardless of branch. Intel, Nukes, and Electronics are what I know of the Nave fields.
>what is work like as a nuke
>should I be looking into one of the officer schools instead?

And finally, any general advice to give would be very welcome as well
>>
Pick a job that transfers to the real world the best, so I'd say electronics.
>>
Get the best field. You don't exit bootcamp as E-5, but as E-3 and it's not as much worthit. Also, no matter what your score is on the asvab, nuke school is hard as hell, being the hardest pipeline in the enlisted Navy so it is more than likely you will fail out and be re-rated to another rate.

How do I know? I went through sub school and there are a lot of nuke drops there.

>general advice
Bootcamp isn't that bad. It is just a resocialization process and you get used to a lot of things the first few weeks you are there. Don't quit or be that obnoxious guy. Don't hit on the girls there, they are only there for a couple of months and leaving, just like you.
>>
>>17100819
Shit, I meant the best field for your interest, don't do what the recruiters wants you to do.
>>
>>17100037
>>29795035
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.